Help with finding mod that is making my game crash

+
Help with finding mod that is making my game crash

Hey everyone, I was told in the troubleshooting that the reason why my game could be crashing is because of my mods. I have been on this playthrough for 277 hours and I have not had any crashes until I got to Toussaint. Ever since I've gotten to Toussaint I have crashed regularly without any warning, just bam, desktop, nothing else. The crash reason is the dreaded "Crash reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477), Error reading location 0xffffffff" so that is what conclusion the moderator came to. There are a couple of things he said I could try but he thinks it's one of my mods. Now basically since my game can crash anywhere between 10 minutes into playing to 2-3 hours, I imagine it's going to be tough testing this so can I please ask you guy for some help as to what mod may be giving the area of Toussaint problems? Let me clarify, it IS a mod that is giving Toussaint a problem, just Toussaint, because Velen, Novigrad, Skellige, White Orchard, DLC area of Novigrad, and Vizima all have never crashed, only Toussaint. So here is my mod list (yes I have 2 nudity mods, please be mature, they don't make the girls walk around nude all the time, they just make the girl have "private areas" when naked so they don't look like a barbie doll).

1. HD reworked

2. High Quality Faces

3. Improved Sign Affects

4. Increased Draw Distance

5. Slots Slots Slots

6. Jump in Shallow Water

7. Wild Nudity Project (Remove Lingerie Standalone only)

8. Naked with Genitals

9. modBIES (The standalone fix for Fiend and Chort AI from the Ghost Mode mod)

10. E3 2014 VGX More Blood Mod

11. BLOOD by KNG (10 and 11 work together)

12. modBootstrap

13. Common Eyes

14. Real Witcher Eyes

15. True Mutantism

16. True Mutantism (HoS)

17. No Rolling Down Stairs

18. All NPC Scbbards

19. Shared Imports

That is what I have, the modBootstrap and the Shared Imports are required to have to use the Increased Draw Distance mod.

I'd say get rid of Bootstrap, Shared Imports and Increased DrawDistance. In my experience not stable mods.

LukeSparow;n10616252 said:
I'd say get rid of Bootstrap, Shared Imports and Increased DrawDistance. In my experience not stable mods.

Dude I think you were absolutely right. I removed those 3 and it seems now that I am not having crashes. It makes sense too because this is my second time playing Blood and Wine, the first time was back when it first released and I had all the same mods except for the Bootstrap and the Shared Imports which are, for some reason, required now for IDD to work. IDK why the author of IDD made the mod to be dependent on those other 2 because it seems like they were cuasing the problems. Do you know why they cause problems?

it'll just be increase draw distance that is the problem, it's impossible for shared imports to cause problems on its own, and bootstrap I have found to be perfectly fine.

Guest 3841499

Increased Draw Distance works perfectly fine, even the 20x version with NPC and Item draw distance increases...

Lim3zer0 MonarchX have you guys used IDD, Bootstrap, and Shared Imports all together while in Toussaint? Because one of them or all 3 do not work in Toussaint. They’ve worked fine in the 200 hours or so I had in the base game but as soon as I got to Toussaint my game had regular crashes. Now that I removed those mods I get zero crashes. The old versions of Increase Draw Distance did not require Shared Imports or Bootstrap, so when I first played Blood and Wine I got zero crashes, but now since that mod has needed those other 2 mods I got crashes regularly in Toussaint and Toussaint alone. I’ve used the same mod list for the last 2 years so nothing has changed besides updating them. I mean if you got them to work in Toussaint I guess va salute but for me and allot of other according to the IDD forums page they didn’t work.

MonarchX;n10616982 said:
Increased Draw Distance works perfectly fine, even the 20x version with NPC and Item draw distance increases...

The version of Increase Draw Distance that includes the draw distances of the NPC's enhanced is not even available anymore on the nexus page because of how unstable that was in Toussaint. It even says so right on the IDD nexus page...

TowneyRalph

As i said increased draw distance will be the problem, it's impossible for shared Imports to cause any issues on its own, and bootstrap is perfectly stable.
It will also depend on other factors such as your PC.

Glad the crashes aren't happening anymore. My suggestion to remove those mods was based on my personal experience a number of months ago. I was also getting many crashes.

It may well be that it was the NPC increased Draw Distance and nothing else.

Guest 3841499

Ah yes! Toussaint does crash with IDD mod... I am not sure it even does anything there.

MonarchX;n10620622 said:
Ah yes! Toussaint does crash with IDD mod... I am not sure it even does anything there.

Since I removed IDD I noticed very small differences but nothing major. Like shadows load a little closer now and sometimes in the far distance I may see a blinking tree LOD, but nothing really "immersion breaking", nothing worth keeping a mod that made my game crash almost every 10-half hour.

Guest 3841499

You can just disable it instead of removing it...

EDIT: I just made a version that does not include Toussaint DLC directory data, although some Toussaint data may be present in main game directory. Seems to work fine, but it will take a few 2-3 hour game sessions to know for sure whether it prevents crashes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom