[Mod Request] Swords position

+
[Mod Request] Swords position

I've noticed in the early trailers specially the 2013 ones, that the swords on Geralt's back were filling his whole back. unlike the vanilla one that is confused with the crossbow making the swords more like carried at the shoulder than the back.
but i did noticed that the position of the swords change - to fit the whole back - when Geralt rides his horse

is it possible to replace the normal one with the one on horse ?.
i shan't be a problem regarding the animation for we can change the sheathing animation with the one on horseback as well (i think)

Explanation :- image_202311.png

Last edited:
I thought the consensus in the old thread was ‘possible, but somebody has to get their ass to it - why not the people requesting it?’.

Yeah, i wolud really like this, even if there are bugs, i don't use horse combat anyways, i want it just becouse it looked better, imo!

rfuzzo;n10675351 said:
I thought the consensus in the old thread was ‘possible, but somebody has to get their ass to it - why not the people requesting it?’.

i agree. if it's possible and easy as dvirzigel say then why no one makes it. i'd do it myself but then i have zero experience in modding

gWwynbleidd;n10675411 said:
i agree. if it's possible and easy as dvirzigel say then why no one makes it. i'd do it myself but then i have zero experience in modding

hah, ya I'm with ya, I had a mod request up a yesterday about having a companion riding on Roach with Geralt - I sympathize with the mod creators - I was watching some videos last night on how to create mods and wow is it a lot of work - I mean it was like a 30 minute video just watching somebody show you how to uncook all the files from the game, lol.

I'm good with installing / troubleshooting computer hardware and building PCs, but not software / programming or digital artwork to do texture mods....wish I was, as I'd love to try my hand at some of this stuff, but I suspect it would take weeks / months just to learn enough basics to even TRY to create a SIMPLE mod, much less a really difficult one.

So kudos to all the mod creators that help us out with the mods we request. It's some seriously time consuming and difficult work. Hope someone comes along who can do this one for you my friend.

tw3 modding is all about trying, getting ugly results, and trying even more :D I think its great that you began, and you shouldn't stop now.

I am sorry, I'm of no great help here, I have never looked at the swords-position, but maybe dvirzigel1 , who said it was 'very easy', cares to elaborate a bit more?

gWwynbleidd;n10676511 said:
NeonixZmatrix rfuzzo spoxox
well guys. i tried and got this

. it looks ugly to me so i won't even try further.

Just an observation, but this appears to occur because Geralt is bent at the waist when in the saddle, therefore eliminating the natural arch in the back. Simply applying the "position" of the swords from the saddle will put their "at-rest" rotation at the same values and the scabbards will clip through his bum. Applying the same rotational values as the standard "standing" sword positions should rectify this (or be pretty close).

I have absolutely no idea where these settings would be found, though. As part the character model skeleton itself, I would imagine.

gWwynbleidd;n10676511 said:
well guys. i tried and got this

. it looks ugly to me so i won't even try further.

Do the swords stay like that all the time? I tried to do more or less the same, but the other way around, i wanted the horse sword position to be like the normal standing one. I did it:

https://i.imgur.com/tMTmamI.png

but it only works when i'm standing still, when i move the swords go back to their vanila state.

NeonixZmatrix;n10678711 said:
Do the swords stay like that all the time? I tried to do more or less the same, but the other way around, i wanted the horse sword position to be like the normal standing one. I did it:
https://i.imgur.com/tMTmamI.png
but it only works when i'm standing still, when i move the swords go back to their vanila state
exactly what happens here as well the sword position only applies when standing still

rfuzzo;n10676921 said:
tw3 modding is all about trying, getting ugly results, and trying even more I think its great that you began, and you shouldn't stop now
i thought the same but my ''very small knowledge'' won't even help me go further :D

SigilFey;n10678301 said:
Just an observation, but this appears to occur because Geralt is bent at the waist when in the saddle, therefore eliminating the natural arch in the back. Simply applying the "position" of the swords from the saddle will put their "at-rest" rotation at the same values and the scabbards will clip through his bum. Applying the same rotational values as the standard "standing" sword positions should rectify this (or be pretty close).
i think that's helpful. i will try to miss around a bit tonight might find something, thanks though

gWwynbleidd;n10679061 said:
exactly what happens here as well the sword position only applies when standing still

Yeah, i just cant figure out how to overcome this, we would probably need to edit the walking animation, but idk if that's even possible :(

Hi @gWwynbleidd and @NeonixZmatrix, how did you guys mod the sword position? I don't mind the clipping meshes nor the animation bugs. I need to move the scabbards so that they're closer to the body when playing with another character via the Doppler mod.

You are of course also welcome to simply upload a mod version of the images you posted. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom