[Mod Request] B&W Candles lens flare into Main Game

+
[Mod Request] B&W Candles lens flare into Main Game

as the title clarify, this's a simple mod request to bring the lens flares on candles from B&W to the Main Game.
There's a clear difference you'll notice if you bother your head with such things :D
It looks great specially in interiors and dark places makes it a bit like what we saw in the E3. could it be done ?

Explanation :- https://i.imgur.com/2OLMNlFg.png

duongtrunghautk;n10711941 said:
I can see that, in STLM

I'm using STLM For skellige and novigrad and far as it concern the candles lens flare it's nothing like B&W.
you can see in the Pic the glare surrounding the candles. enter a tavern and you'll see it yourself
an absolute difference, i really wish someone come up and do it

I wasn't able to do it. Too many different vague variables to mess around with and I had no idea what the hell I was doing. I was trying to do it through env files which is probably not how it works.

gWwynbleidd

KNGRSM;n2958343 said:
this is literally just another particle effect

the default one played everywhere is "light_on"

whereas toussaint uses "light_on_bob"

no, all you have to do, checkout the cookedEffect "light_on_bob" and copy everything to "light_on" (I guess)

EDIT: Whoops misread what you said. Anyone knows how to do what KNG said can do it probably.

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Err... You should look into w2p FX files, shaders, materials, graphs, etc. I don't think ENV files are going to do that. I would give it a go now that Prometheus main version is done, but I don't really care much for that FX :D or E3 because with enough imagination, time, and effort, even with current tools some few things can be made to look better than they did in E3. I would rather do that than try to chase E3 visuals with downgraded 2015 content and the tools we have.

MonarchX
i don't take the E3 as a source of ideas either. i just see people cares to bring back the E3 looks to the game, so i made the ''E3'' part of the comparison, i do think what blood and wine have regarding the lens flares - to candles at least - is much better than the E3.

and i'd be happy if you do give it a try, thanks a lot

If someone can make a mod look better than E3, I hope they can do candles lens flare mod look better than E3 candles lens flare. :D
E3 is bad, we are best :victory:hehehe

Last edited:
duongtrunghautk;n10714351 said:
If someone can make a mod look better than E3, I hope they can do candles lens flare mod look better than E3 candles lens flare. :D
E3 is bad, we are best :victory:hehehe

it depend on the taste man :D to me B&W looks less noisy, more classic and i like.
So if someone brought it to Main Game that'll be the ''better than E3'' mod to me
and i hope MonarchX do give it a shot. i'll be waiting anyways

Porting the baw candle flare into vanilla candles is really easy, you just need to copy the flare material parameters into the flare material of vanilla candles. You probably will need to tweak it a bit tho.

Hyadum;n10714491 said:
Porting the baw candle flare into vanilla candles is really easy, you just need to copy the flare material parameters into the flare material of vanilla candles. You probably will need to tweak it a bit tho.

So What tools I need to use? Or what thread I can read? I can try it.

You will need Mod Editor. I don't know if there's a thread about this particular stuff, but it's pretty easy. Open one of the baw candle entity that has this flare fx, go into cooked effects, fire. Open its buffer and find the material responsible for the flare fx. Copy the parameters. Open all the vanilla candle entities the same way, and swap the vanilla flare material parameters with the one you copied. And then you tweak how you see fit.

I will give a quick look and if the entity are not many, I will do it. Else, whoever wants is free to :)

Last edited:
Hyadum;n10714591 said:
You will need Mod Editor. I don't know if there's a thread about this particular stuff, but it's pretty easy. Open one of the baw candle entity that has this flare fx, go into cooked effects, fire. Open its buffer and find the material responsible for the flare fx. Copy the parameters. Open all the vanilla candle entities the same way, and swap the vanilla flare material parameters with the one you copied. And then you tweak how you see fit.

Thanks a lot! I will try it.

Top Bottom