We got the scriptographer, the scripture, now the FX, but we need TEH MOTOR!

+

Guest 3841499

We got the scriptographer, the scripture, now the FX, but we need TEH MOTOR!

Vanilla boat was making no sense. It was slow and was moving by itself, as if a motor boat, but without a motor! Then came The Boat Scriptographer and wrote The Scripture (Boat Speed Tweaks and Realistic Sailing) to make sense out of nonsense, yet motor boat it remained if one desired to go real fast. Well.., that makes no sense if there is no motor, the last and the most critical remaining piece.

We already have most items in place:
- The desire
- The man
- The writing
- The desire
- The FX
- The desire
- The sound
- The desire

So far so good - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BBiHCUaP88A9JcIjRt15GosW0nTetA46/view?usp=sharing

I can't even figure out how to increase polygon count for the game's basic sphere mesh in Blender, so I am useless in that department. It would be really nice if someone could help out. It doesn't have to be a high-end motor, a lawnmower motor would do, just any motor-like object would suffice.

Yes, TEH MOTÖR.... I was thinking E3 Roach™Motor. This would start by Geralt sitting in the bow, and Roach would come sit in stern (technically this would need a cutscene and a fade to black, a lá freed village style) half way in water AND [cue hippo tail gif]

Guest 3841499

Rfuzzo, what other device would make more sense? Geralt has limited animations for controlling the boat, so it has to be a mechanism with little manual control... What could that be?

We also need a radio for the boat... and Roach. It would have at least 3 stations - TW1, TW2, and TW3, but I always thought Cotton Eye Joe was the perfect battle track for TW3. It fits :D.

Guest 3841499

Gotta make it have sense or make it believable, find a way for my brain to justify such a boat aside from "it's a video game". A motor, a magic... something. The radio part was a joke, but a motor-like device or similar was not!

Rfuzzo has a physics degree, so he is in the best position to tell us what kind of an ancient technology\device could generate power and propel a boat forward with left\right movement and animation constraints forced upon us.

Guest 3841499

Then I stick with a magic... a sphere that glows on top of the steering mechanism. If only we could attach an animated siren/harpy to the back or to each side - it would solve everything.

Harpies/Sirens do fly though. Flying boat maybe?
Shame we have no dragons in this game bar one draconid who can spit fire (Slyzard).

Last edited:
That would actually be E3/VGX/Blooper - reel stuff. There was a video of a dev Aarding the boat forward.

Guest 3841499

I heard about it, but never seen it. I wish it was possible to add physical force collision to entities, but so far attempting to add them resulted in crashes...

BTW, with FHUD, Realistic Sailing stuff doesn't show the wind HUD thingy...

Top Bottom