[Mod Request] E3/VGX Sword Scale

+
[Mod Request] E3/VGX Sword Scale

I was thinking if some nice bored modder would be interesten in making the base game swords have the size of the swords shown in the E3 Demo. Vanila game has some really nice "E3" style swords but their sizes are just crazy, here i compared some of them:

https://i.imgur.com/bPSPZCC.png

The difference seems small but it's really noticeable ingame. I really hope someone does this, i really like those swords but they look just inormous side by side with my favorite silver swords.

Also, i know E3 and VGX are now a meme -_-

NeonixZmatrix;n10862131 said:
Also, i know E3 and VGX are now a meme -_-

I wonder why...

:hmm:

btw, since my eyes are untrained. do you want vanilla swords to be bigger, or smaller?? I really can't see the difference in the picture... (*grumble grumble e3 meme*)

rfuzzo;n10862241 said:
btw, since my eyes are untrained. do you want vanilla swords to be bigger, or smaller??

Smaller, the difference is hard to spot on the image, you're right about that, maybe try them in game, you will definitely see it :)

Also try looking at the rings in the middle of the hilts and compare them to the silver sword.

Last edited:
But to answer your question: you can scale meshes (pretty easily?) I haven’t done it myself, but I know that it is possible :)

Looo at the w2mesh in mod editor. sorry thats as much as i can contribute.

What I can see is that in game swords (most of them) have terrible design. Like wtf is that ugly hilt :/. The only swords which really do look good are Rose (sorry can't remember full name, it's the one you get when you select to do armory not the wall in Kaer Morhen - now that's a good sword to look at ^^), Aerondight, almost every Mastercrafted gear sword, rest is just meh or I just haven't found good looking ones lol.
Forget about making swords smaller, fix their appearances first lol. There are some people who actually try to do that. Also it was possible to make Aerondight smaller, so I guess your request is not that bad all in all. Just that people... Gave up on this game pretty much and modding it is still a hassle without proper tools (hint hint CDPR, release RedKit maybe?) :p

I like some vanila swords, the ones showed here for instance, if someone just rescaled them and changed the scabbards to something more simple, i would definitely use them more. As for Silver swords there are some that look good and have a good size, Harpy or White Rose are fine.

Top Bottom