[Mod Request] E3 Anamorphic lens flares mod as standalone

+
[Mod Request] E3 Anamorphic lens flares mod as standalone

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to ask if it would be possible to turn on the E3 Anamorphic lens flares without having a lighting mod like STLM or STWLM, if someone can create a standalone mod of the flares please.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• photo210152.jpg
    photo210152.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 319
  • photo210155.jpg
    photo210155.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 192

Guest 3841499

I do not know whether it would be E3 or not, but one can easily substitute regular flare texture with anamorphic line flare texture off the internet to get that look, but an appropriate alpha channel would have to be added to vanilla flare line texture or a different shader would have to be used. The problem is that would force ALL light sources to produce that type of flare and I am not sure how that would look.

The other method would involve going light source by light source, like in the E3 candle flare mod.

Bottom line is that E3 lighting was different and how such a an anamorpholic flare would look for all light sources is not known... until tried :D.

Guest 3841499

It also looks as if that flare would change color based on the angle and lighting, probably similar to that 3-way split fog (never seen it though...).

In retail game, flare does change color based on lighting, but without GI bouncing, it's static per environment/weather.

Guest 3841499

STLM or WLM or any lighting mod cannot bring back GI, only mimic E3 via colors, which often has negative consequences because the rest of the content in the game was designed to fit vanilla lighting.

It's not even possible to look at several flare textures due to their compression method and limited modding tools. It would be nice though...

@MonarchX WLM is not concerned, only STLM and STWLM have it, when i say something similar, i'm only talking about the flare, that are already inside the two mods, but having those flares in a standalone version, and is there someone who is wailling to do it ^^

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

I would like to see some screenshots of "it" in STLM... I don't recall seeing such a flare last time I tried it.

Guest 3841499

Yeah, STLM author replaced vanilla flare texture with another one, but I can't open it. I could upload it, but its not mine to upload! Thing is, by replacing vanilla texture with anamorphic one, it affected ALL FX that used that texture, be they light sources or not.

I could look for textures of anamorphic flares on the internet, but it still wouldn't be mine to upload :(.

Guest 3841499

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_13YFabszTS6zTh_HwsQxZQtBLUC0iPc/view?usp=sharing this is just a texture and there is a screenshot included, but to make it look like that, I had to use envUI and edit flare lighting parameters. In other words, it may not look that way with vanilla lighting, therefore there may be no "vanilla version" with that exact texture, although ScoutBr0 can whip out one one of his ENV scripts that will force-load specific Flare ENV parameters from a file onto all environments.

Guest 3841499

And this is definitely the wrong way to do it because the name of the texture identifies it as SPHERE and so it should be. Not only that, but there is a secondary component to the sphere flare - flare alpha, which is also a sphere...

I think that instead of just replacing texture, the party interested in making this a mod, should decide on light sources they want such a flare to affect and change the texture specifically for those light sources. It is more than likely that people would want a More Shadows mod compatibility, which prohibits me from making and releasing it. I do hope ScoutBr0 helps you out.

I guess those who like the low-resolution "E3 Candle" texture may want to have non-candle light sources to have an anamorphic flare..? It looks really freakishly weird to me...

MonarchX;n10949897 said:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_13YFabszTS6zTh_HwsQxZQtBLUC0iPc/view?usp=sharing this is just a texture and there is a screenshot included, but to make it look like that, I had to use envUI and edit flare lighting parameters. In other words, it may not look that way with vanilla lighting, therefore there may be no "vanilla version" with that exact texture, although ScoutBr0 can whip out one one of his ENV scripts that will force-load specific Flare ENV parameters from a file onto all environments.

Thank's for the explications, i tested the mod u shared, it's not working

Guest 3841499

Did you read what I said? The texture is working perfectly, but to see the effect, to see the flare itself, you need different lighting. STLM configures lighting to make that flare texture show up. You can't use STLM flare texture with vanilla lighting and expect the same result.

I also provided a screenshot of how that texture would look like IF the lighting was changed. To see that texture, you either need STLM (which already comes with that texture!) OR you can ask Scout-Br0/E3 Candle Flare mod group to make a script-based mod that changes only flare lighting for all environments. Then you can use that texture and that script with vanilla lighting and see the effect.

Guest 3841499

Yeah, edit or create and ENV file with parameters that make the flare visible and nice, only include flare parameters, edit existing ENV-forcing script that already exists. Can be done very quickly, but the flare may look funny in some weathers, I think.

Vanilla game has it's own flare line, but it's different a bit.

Top Bottom