W3EE or GM

+
W3EE or GM

W3 vanilla DM is far too easy

Which of those 2 mods offers the greatest challenge for the most part of the game, and please give reasons?

Guest 3841499

I would start with GM as it is based on CDPR's indended level-based system. W3EE is level-free AFAIK and the author suggests merging other mod scripts manually, without Script-Merger, which means either learning programming or not merging any other script mods with W3EE...

MonarchX;n10947788 said:
I would start with GM as it is based on CDPR's indended level-based system. W3EE is level-free AFAIK and the author suggests merging other mod scripts manually, without Script-Merger, which means either learning programming or not merging any other script mods with W3EE...

You don't need to learn programming to merge scripts manually. It's literally just copying lines from one file to another.

A lot of people hate CDPR's intended leveling mentality (and intended other things), that's why Reaperrz created it.

Guest 3841499

There are plenty of instances when common sense can be used to merge script lines due to conflicts, but there are plenty of instances when one needs to truly understand WTF those lines mean to know the correct sequence.

From what I recall, the very reason to not use Script Merger is because W3EE changes game mechanics so significantly that Script Merger use can result in incorrectly-merged scripts without any unresolved conflicts.

Ghost Mode, on the other hand, is less compatible with other mods that rely on enemy template changes and creating patches for those templates can be a pain too...

I don't like the leveling system either, BTW...

MonarchX;n10947830 said:
There are plenty of instances when common sense can be used to merge script lines ...

Script merger can't be used with W3EE because some of how some of W3EE's functions do their thing (don't know the specifics myself), and because W3EE removes a lot of code from vanilla instead of commenting it out, which script merger would then add again.

I've done a lot of manual merging before I had any knowledge of programming, and I disagree with the notion that you need a good understanding of what the code actually does. I think common sense is all you need.

GM is more easily compatible with other mods, but W3EE is just as compatible with a little extra effort.

Guest 3841499

Well then I don't have the common sense to merge Complete Animations and Ghost Mode fully. I think there were a couple of conflicts that could easily be merged, but 2 more had conflicts where trying different sequences of lines from both mods resulted only in errors. Once I looked at the proper merge by Rfuzzo, I knew I'd never actually get that one right through trial & error.

Given the extent of error reporting by average TW3 mod downloaders and the script mods they try to merge with Script Merger, I dare to say that most would have problems with manual merging for a complex overhaul like W3EE. Then again, it changes so much that many popular mods are not necessary.

MonarchX;n10947872 said:
Then again, it changes so much that many popular mods are not necessary.

Indeed. I can't imagine many popular mods that aren't made redundant by W3EE. Complete Animations is fully integrated, for instance.

I think most nexus users give up on manual merging before even trying, because it seems like a daunting thing to do. But hey, clear weathers make shitty sailors.

definitely WEE, trust me, i got 1400 hours in the witcher 3, no exaggeration. WEE makes the combat not only make sens but make its much more fun. example and this is just a small example, there is no more being right in an enemies face and twirling around (pirouette) to slice them, that's stupid and takes too much time. and for the folks who say but pirouettes is part of a witcher combat... he still does it but its if you have some distance between you and an enemy and he uses it to close the gap.

I prefer GM, mostly because it's actually maintained but also because I'm not a fan of W3EE's modification of the dodging mechanics.

LukeSparow;n10949219 said:
I prefer GM, mostly because it's actually maintained but also because I'm not a fan of W3EE's modification of the dodging mechanics.

How is W3EE not maintained :confused:

Corvah
Because last time I checked Reaperz had basically abandoned the mod and it needed a lot of third party intervention to work properly.

That was a while back though so i guess things have changed. Sorry for the outdated info in that case.

Guest 3841499

He updated W3EE recently and many times in short period too. W3EE is also the only mod out there that adds a fluid non-random attack combo array. Reaperz is awesome when it comes to animations.

BTW, about Ghost Mode. Parts of it are exceedingly imbalanced. The insectoid enemies are over-powered to extreme. WGhost doesn't recognize that to be so. From what I understand, she basis difficulty of enemies on damage and HP . It is supposed to make enemies of the same level comparable in difficulty, yet I had no deaths at level 11 when fighting and killing a lvl 20 waterhag on default blood and bones difficulty, yet I could not kill a lonely lvl 12 arachas after 10 attempts. It pisses me off. I need to change their stats next time I play. The rest of enemies are well-balanced most of the time.

MonarchX
Dude, honestly Insectoid enemies are very beatable. You just need to read their patterns.

What gets you with those fuckers is their poison, but that's where a good dose of Golden Oriole comes in.

Guest 3841499

Of course they are beatable, but relative to other enemies of the same level they are significantly more difficult to defeat. As I said, beating enemies 10 levels above me is easier than beating large insectoids of my level. That's the opposite of balance.

My issue with them is not poison, but their lack of signs that they are about to attack when in close range, aside from preparing tail, which only endriagas do.

GMGM do not take in consideration aspects, like animations, attack range, attack speed, etc. It's based purely on damage and HP. Slow attack speed and obvious signature before attacks is why killing a cyclop or.golem 10 levels above is so easy, although time consuming.

I want to make insectoids easier, but I do not know in what way... Their HP and damage is similar to same level enemies, so that IS balanced, so maybe speed and range is what I should adjust.

So im still unclear which of these mods actually makes the game overall harder?

i don't want to play half way through the game only to realise my Geralt is already feeling so overpowering for the most part, like it has on my previous 2 DM+ mods runs.

narrn001;n10950413 said:
So im still unclear which of these mods actually makes the game overall harder?

i don't want to play half way through the game only to realise my Geralt is already feeling so overpowering for the most part, like it has on my previous 2 DM+ mods runs.
They both do.
Play GM if you want greatly enhanced vanilla experience with a lot of tweaks, or play EE if you want more drastical changes in gameplay mechanics

Top Bottom