Help with mod merging...

+
Help with mod merging...

Hi,
​I wanted to run game with these mods. https://imgur.com/a/n21e10S Of course I merged all recommended ones without HD Reworked, BeautifulGrass and E3 Geralt Face (merged always causes problem). But still W3 does not run, like the amount of mods was over the limit. Could you explain me where I make a mistake?

Mod limit depends on bundled files as much as on texture mods. So you just might be over the limit.

You can:
1. Delete mods and see if it loads.
2. Manually merge some (xml or swf) bundled mods that ModMerger didn’t do.
3. Try the method Lim3zero described a while ago here - which involves merging metadata.store files. Link: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...sions/10647761-overcoming-the-mod-limit-maybe

i think I have all options...

Last edited:
Damn you did it with Limes method? :)

hmm, well maybe it’s something else...

With manual i meant, unpack the mod (with quick BMS or ModEditor) pit everything together in one new mod and repack. (Disable the old mods afterwards)

Did any of those mods have a buffers bundle? you need to move them as well into /bundles

All .bundle files should be in /bundles, just name appropriately and generate metadata.store

Guest 3841499

Heh, I also put both DLC and Mod bundle files into bundle sub folder, BUT the game seeks and reads bundle files from content folder before looking into bundles subfolder. I know it because if you keep bundle files in both - content folder and bundles subfolder, it will prioritize those directly in content folder over those in bundles subfolder.

I am also curious whether texture.cache files need to be merged at all. What happens if you only merge the bundle files and leave over 12 texture.cache files un-merged? I will try when I get back from work.

Lim3zer0;n10949705 said:
All .bundle files should be in /bundles, just name appropriately and generate metadata.store

Aaaand... no. A did it but still looks like mod limit

I removed even more mods still nothing https://imgur.com/a/OzzW7oZ

Damn, I start feeling jealousy when I see players with 100+ mods, I even can't merge 17 xd

Last edited:
MonarchX;n10949723 said:
BUT the game seeks and reads bundle files from content folder before looking into bundles subfolder

Incorrect, the game will seek in order the list of bundles that the metadata store file lists.
True, when generating the .store file it will first scan the current directory and then then sub folders - hence that the order in the .store file will list current folder's bundles first.
Small distinction.

Pr0eliator;n10949729 said:
Aaaand... no. A did it but still looks like mod limit

Then I'm not sure - depends on your system.
Try adding single mods at a time - merge and test.

Lim3zer0;n10949744 said:
Incorrect, the game will seek in order the list of bundles that the metadata store file lists.
True, when generating the .store file it will first scan the current directory and then then sub folders - hence that the order in the .store file will list current folder's bundles first.
Small distinction.

Then I'm not sure - depends on your system.
Try adding single mods at a time - merge and test.

Oki, I will do it later and write if sth works.

rfuzzo Lim3zer0 Finally... after removing all mods, installing them in parts of 4-5 and merging and testing every time I finally managed to run the game. I hope will not have to change anything...

After all I did everything via Mod Merger, but still don't understand... One time the game runs normally, one time it doesn't work. I can unmerge files which worked fine, merge them again and everything crashes. I also see now that some mods which were merged don't work in game, like E3Wall, E3 GeraltFace (that one is really strange - it never works merged, only as stand-alone is ok)

Pr0eliator;n10950575 said:
After all I did everything via Mod Merger, but still don't understand... One time the game runs normally, one time it doesn't work. I can unmerge files which worked fine, merge them again and everything crashes. I also see now that some mods which were merged don't work in game, like E3Wall, E3 GeraltFace (that one is really strange - it never works merged, only as stand-alone is ok)

I encountered this with ModMerger also, some just won't work merged, never bothered to troubleshoot why. Began merging manually.

Guest 3841499

If/When you unmerge mods, make sure to EXIT Mod Merger, before attempting to merge again. Also make sure no Cooked, Packed, and Uncooked folders exist in in Working folder (which you can find if you go into Mod Merger settings) before attempting to perform another merge.

Top Bottom