The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
Hello guys, Update 5.0 has been finally released. :)

Sorry for this long wait but unfortunately I always have to do everything myself so preparing all these things to release really takes a lot of time and efforts (especially making high quality and very polished stuff). But I think it is worth make some people and yourself happy. :)
But anyway, next update (5.1) will come much faster and will be probably even better and bigger than 5.0 (because I just didn't have time to finish some of the new awesome stuff to 5.0 and also now I have more time for this). :)

Just installed version 5.0 and boy oh boy what a difference it makes to the game! Everything looks so much more consistent. Brilliant work!

I hope you will include the signposts in your next update, they really need some love! :)

Better than cookies I just ate and those were some damn good cookies! Awesome as always, Halk.

I have a question. Is it possible to add SSR to mirrors?

Last edited:
Dear Halk,

at first i would like to thank you very much for the new Update 5.0! It is an impressive amount of work you've done (as always) and it has really high quality.

But i have to report one little issue: on V5 there is a little downgrade on the rock texture of all places of power in comparison to V4.6

in Version 4.6 they looked much more detailed. i reported this at the release of 4.8. but perhaps you missed it or its intention that this texture is not more at this detail...
Can you please give me the folder path to this texture that i can fix this one for myself. I believe it lies in environment\terrain_surroundings\skellige\rocks_cliff
This would be perfect!

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

Another top quality work from Halk. Congrats for the release 5.0 update man. Much appreciated your big effort.

Guest 3841499

I extracted everything through uncooking + using texture.cache viewer, EXCEPT for all pinus dds files.., which look corrupted (when extracted at least, but perfectly fine in the game), yet all abies and creeper DDS files look perfectly fine when extracted... Anyone know why pinus DDS get's corrupted during extraction?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you’re doing animals now can you do the crows next please? because there’s a close up of one in the first cutscene in Velen and it looks terrible.

Guest 3841499

I kind of feel bad for the guy now... He just released his awesome update and people (myself included...) tend to focus on the negatives rather than praise his hard work for keeping W3 spirit alive...

Guest 3841499

hoeness23;n10454642 said:
Dear Halk,

at first i would like to thank you very much for the new Update 5.0! It is an impressive amount of work you've done (as always) and it has really high quality.

But i have to report one little issue: on V5 there is a little downgrade on the rock texture of all places of power in comparison to V4.6

in Version 4.6 they looked much more detailed. i reported this at the release of 4.8. but perhaps you missed it or its intention that this texture is not more at this detail...
Can you please give me the folder path to this texture that i can fix this one for myself. I believe it lies in environment\terrain_surroundings\skellige\rocks_cliff
This would be perfect!

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

Just copy the files from 4.6 for that exact directory you pin-pointed. That's what I did. I used 4.6 rocks_cliff texture with 4.8+ detailed texture. Doesn't look perfect, but looks great none-the-less!

MonarchX;n10455872 said:
Just copy the files from 4.6 for that exact directory you pin-pointed. That's what I did. I used 4.6 rocks_cliff texture with 4.8+ detailed texture. Doesn't look perfect, but looks great none-the-less!

Hey MonarchX,

its not possible to cook the skellige rocks in wcclite at my end. Could you be so kind and upload your fix with the old rock textures 4.6.?
Thanks

Missing textures in some places :

Guest 3841499

The author would not like that and it's best to wait for 5.1, in which he might add back those textures.

However, it is perfectly cookable. If you just want a separate package that will be prioritized over HDRP 5.0, then simply place Skellige Rocks textures (XBM-only) you extracted from 4.6 into Uncooked folder, delete TGA files, cook.

If you want to have a fully-inclusive and merge-friendly cookable/uncookable HDRP 5 + HDRP 4.6 Skellige Rocks package (set of packages actually), then you're in for some manipulation because many textures will not be uncooked due to OUT OF MEMORY error that happens if a single texture.cache+bundle uses overly high-resolution textures that go over this game's set budget, but it does not happen if that package is isolated in a separate texture.cache+bundle.

Those uncooked textures will be tiny (2-3KB XBM) and have no TGA counter-parts. To get them, you must use Texture Parser/Viewer/Reader by Traderain (search for it), which will allow you to extract all textures in DDS format (filename.dds.dds), except for Pinus.dds, which it does extract, but files end up corrupted. You can extract all or just the ones that didn't get uncooked properly. You need to open those DDS files with something like Photoshop, Paint.NET, pr GIMP, and save as/export as TGA (32-bit, no compression) into correct directory, but in Modded folder (to import some as WorldDiffuse and those with "_n" at the end as NormalGloss), except for abies DDS files and creeper DDS files (NOT mesh hedera XBM/TGA though), which go into Uncooked folder. Do NOT include any pinus.dds files.

Hopefully you have the whole game uncooked because you need to make those tree DDS files uncookable and for that you should include vanilla SRT files that they come with when the game is uncooked and unpacked. HDRP doesn't come with them, which is why W3Oven can't uncook them, forcing the use of Texture Cache Parser/Viewer/Reader and the rest of related DDS files for that tree (don't over-write HDRP's tree DDS files though!). If you do not include the rest of DDS files for those modded tree files and SRT files (the way Halk did it), then DDS files will not be extracted upon uncooking and will not merge. They will be lost.

Then create 2 texture packages and 1 or 2 meshes package. I ASSUME you know to create 3 folders - Cooked, Modded, and Uncooked.

Package 1:
- Only include those gigantic brick texarray textures (WITH texarray file included) found in "environment\architecture\human\redania\nomans_land" because if you cook it with the rest of the textures, you will get OUT OF MEMORY error upon uncooking, which does not happen if a separate bundle with texture.cache is used
- I would not include any other files types, except XBM and texarray (no meshes, no mesh buffers, no w2p, w2l's, w2mg's, etc.)

Package 2:
- All other textures - in Uncooked (XBM-only and tree DDS-only) and those converted from DDS to TGA in Modded for import (with Skellige Rocks textures from HDRP 5.0 over-written with those from HDRP 4.6)
- No meshes and I advice against including water FX files for now, but you should include material FX files - w2l and SRT files (all of which go into Cooked folder)

Package 3 and possibly 4:
- All meshes and mesh buffers in UNPACKED format (using QuickBMS) and FX (unPACKED meshes will be much smaller in size/compressed compared to uncooked ones and that is fine)
- If you like water FX, then include water meshes and buffers and water-related FX also, but if you do not like them or undecided, then create package 4 with only water meshes and water FX only for testing

Took me 2 hours to do all that and I've been doing this for a while, yet still I couldn't get the pinus DDS files (only due to limited extraction tools...). It would be nice if someone could figure out why Texture Parser/Viewer/Reader does not extract them in non-corrupt format... Maybe overly high resolution? No idea...

Good luck - can't be any more helpful that this or it would require and epic amount of PM'ing and etc. Best to just cook Skellige Rocks textures from 4.6 and prioritize them over HDRP 5.0.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcin_89.683;n10458052 said:
Missing textures in some places :
Can confirm the same. I just checked and these textures are indeed missing. Also, there's piece of the stairs that is missing as soon as you enter through the door into the mausoleum where Regis is.

Top Bottom