The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
Riven-Twain;n10866941 said:
Thanks for sharing! Interesting look -- certainly more detailed. Although, in my view, the gaps between the stakes are much more pronounced, which, from a practical defensive perspective, would rather reduce their effectiveness as a barrier against attacks. Perhaps you might consider widening the logs a bit more?
Yes, I intend to widen them a bit to reduce gaps (that's why I wrote that it is still WIP). :D

Guest 3841499

HalkHoganPL;n10866921 said:
These sewers textures were too low quality so I just gave up on them, in future they will be reworked again in better quality. ;)

Are you serious? One way or another, they were WAY better than vanilla textures...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hulk > Dem trees > this is something I was waiting for. The rest is great also. Keep up! Can't wai

HalkHoganPL When you'll eventually release the next version: Would you consider releasing water-reflections as a standalone (optional) patch (maybe released with beta-tag or something) if that is still WIP or generally buggy, and not included in the "optimized" mainfile?

With full credit to halk but this patch with fixed caves you can download for very long time from my mod page it is included with mod files just download new version of wlm phoenix v and copy ahdwater to your mod folder. Also try lighting mod you may like it.

Guest 3841499

What exactly does it patch?

I realized a while back that those vanilla FX that sort of add wavy movement noise to water are simply simulating reflections. They were part of the downgrade and CDPR confirmed it. Halk simply uses better shader for water and rivers from B&W expansion to enable true reflections. It does, however, reduce that wavy movement noise FX. There is not much that can be done about it. I tried to increase wave and foam strength and amount, etc. but it barely made a difference because of the actual level of reflection. Halk even created texture with entirely new pattern for waves or foam to offset that "too calm" feeling rivers and water create, but again, possibilities are limited. They are not bugs.

It would be nice if we could add more places where waterfall splashes appear, but we can't. Most rivers in TW3 don't even have collision to them.

​​​​​​

Mishikedman;n10912091 said:
With full credit to halk but this patch with fixed caves you can download for very long time from my mod page it is included with mod files just download new version of wlm phoenix v and copy ahdwater to your mod folder. Also try lighting mod you may like it.

Giving priority to ahdwater over hd rework right? In mod settings ini file?

MonarchX Halk in his last version 5 disabled reflection for poodles and fountains i add them back but i disabled reflection in caves. And about waves, they are controled by wind, and you can eddit this in csv file for weathers just up the wind table value and you will see more wave movement. Foam can be eddited in ENVs for region in water parm, just up lue value. Also on a side note i did made patch for your mod blood part of it, it was posted on discord a while back but it was working only for Geralt. I give up because i didn't have much time to work on it, but peeps od discord told me you made patch for w3ee and it have same problem, blood works only for Geralt, i tested drowners and humans and they don't work (i am talking about blood showing up on water with every cut). ayyudee there is no need for it already have higher priority because of name. But yes ahdwater should have higher priority than Halk mod.

Mishikedman;n10912091 said:

Thanks for pointing that out. And I think I'll try your lighting mod while I'm at it.

Last edited:
Note: Please remember that this thread is about HD Reworked Project, not WLM or any other mod. We would not want the thread to get derailed.
Thank you, and carry on. :)

Last edited:
If I wanted wanted to delete all changes to water in the game (streams/rivers...) this mod makes, but keep screen space reflections - which file(s) would I have to keep?

Does the current HDRP contain all the reworked water? Someone told me that the newest 5.0fix version does NOT contain the reworked water. I want vanilla water, but have screen space reflections for puddles.

When I look through the files of this mod, I see tons of files related to water, streams, rivers, ponds, even oceans... so I don't know what's true. Seems that person was wrong.

It's me or there is some problem with some wood textures (they looked like washed, like they had a 400% depth of field effect). I only have this problem when this mod is installed (tried with and without), no other texture mods making conflicts, using hulk's graphic option, etc.

I had this problem with washed out wood textures when I was using WLM with the AHD-water mod. I deleted the AHD-Water and the problem was solved.

Some posts are currently deleted. May or may not be returned later. Now back to topic, which is HD Reworked mod. No more sidetracking, thank you.

Washing out of textures happens when you are closing mod limit, those textures may get loaded or they may not. I've noticed that this is the first symptom. More severe is conversation issues, and after that I've read that the game experience infinite loading and after that non-starting/crashing game.

Guest 3841499

That "water-fixing" mod was not cooked... at all... It was packed, not cooked, and that method is reserved for proxy textures, super-small textures, and flare textures.

MonarchX;n10924148 said:
That "water-fixing" mod was not cooked... at all... It was packed, not cooked, and that method is reserved for proxy textures, super-small textures, and flare textures.

Does the not cooked way they used represent way less reliability?

Top Bottom