The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
PATROL;n9480871 said:
I prefer new ones :) They fit better to the world in my opinion.

Me too. I was under the impression Halk simply cut some of the rock textures altogether, but maybe he just changed it to be more vanilla style, but still nice high res?

Haven't seen them yet, but I believe Halk said something about doing them in vanilla style but with a high-res treatment.

GregorWladacz;n9481311 said:
I like the style, don't get me wrong. But they appear not hi-res. The look low-res as vanilla. But maybe it's just me.

Yes, I think it's just you. I had a look up close, and the rock textures (although in vanilla style) are MUCH higher resolution than vanilla.

Hello! :)

Firstly: Sorry guys for this stone walls, They are experimental. There are a lot comments that original looks better so In next update I'll certainly return to vanilla style (everything else also will be again reworked in vanilla style). Just wait to 5.0 ;)

Yes, new rock in some cases looks less detailed than in previous versions. But a lot of people wanted vanilla style rock so I reworked them in vanilla. Previous rocks had 2k/2k textures (diffuse and normal), now they have 1k/1k (original had 1k diff/512 n-map) but they have now 2k detail map (512 in vanilla) so they are now much more performance friendly and fits to vanilla. In future updates, I'll do some improvements so they will look a bit better. ;)

Best Regards :cheers:

Wait, people dont like the more curved stone walls? I love them so much tbh, they look amazing in my opinion

The new stone border walls are amazing! Please don't take them out, literally the best part of this update.

HalkHoganPL;n9484881 said:
Firstly: Sorry guys for this stone walls, They are experimental. There are a lot comments that original looks better so In next update I'll certainly return to vanilla style
That makes me sad. I like the new stone walls. After water reflection they're my favorite part of the 4.8 update. The only problem is that some stone walls in Toussaint are made for the DLC while others are a part of the base game. So there's a big difference between two types of stone walls in Toussaint. You can see it in the cemetery.

Have you done any work on Kaer Morhen? I can only imagine how wonderful the castle would look when retextured.

Last edited:
The new stone walls are good. They are just in a little different style than original game. That's all.

I can tell something more about this. The new stone wall look more natural, like made of rounded stones from bottom of rivers or lakes. This from original game looks like they ware made careful by paver (not mention quality of original compare to the mod). It would make sens near big cities, not in small, poor villages.

Re-texturing (remodeling) of Kaer Morhen would be nice. A specially parts where significant events are happening.

One last word. This whole mod is really like a dream come true - keep on good work!

How to cook FX folder?
Now i uncook this mod and mix with other mod and then i cook it. But In game fx reflect in water don't work.

I have this problem in other mods same this. When uncook and cook it back fx in folder don't work.
If anyone know please help me. T^T

tstabvgs;n9499571 said:
How to cook FX folder?
Now i uncook this mod and mix with other mod and then i cook it. But In game fx reflect in water don't work.

I have this problem in other mods same this. When uncook and cook it back fx in folder don't work.
If anyone know please help me. T^T

Just don't uncook and merge this mod. Leaving HDRP alone is best option.

I_w_a_N;n9498281 said:
The new stone walls are good. They are just in a little different style than original game. That's all.

I can tell something more about this. The new stone wall look more natural, like made of rounded stones from bottom of rivers or lakes. This from original game looks like they ware made careful by paver (not mention quality of original compare to the mod). It would make sens near big cities, not in small, poor villages.

Re-texturing (remodeling) of Kaer Morhen would be nice. A specially parts where significant events are happening.

One last word. This whole mod is really like a dream come true - keep on good work!

Yes, I think same but there's a lot of comments that original style is better so unfortunately I revert to vanilla style in next update.

What more about the next update:
This will be the largest update so far. Almost everything from previous versions will be improved or reworked again to even better quality and vanilla friendly style. Also, I plan to rework many new things (but of course I'm open to any suggestions). ;)

Cheers :smiling2:

Last edited:
HalkHoganPL;n9499621 said:
Just don't uncook and merge this mod. Leaving HDRP alone is best option.

Cheers :smiling2:[/FONT][/SIZE]

Thanks for very quick answer. ^.^
If do that it make new problem (mod overlimit). So I am very headache in this problem.
Can you split reflex FX from main mod?

HalkHoganPL;n9499621 said:
of course I'm open to any suggestions
Aside from Kaer Morhen it would be great if you could do something about NPC's. Mainly their hair and beards. And fur on Skellige NPC's. They could really use the attention.

Top Bottom