The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
Thank you so much Halk, I've been wanting those water reflections since that E3 gameplay presentation that showed Novigrad, you can see at 1:44 that the puddles had reflections, now they finally do, thanks again Master Halk.

HalkHoganPL;n9499621 said:
I revert to vanilla style in next update.
Although I've naught against those rock walls, and they work quite well in many places (especially near farms), I must admit, however, that I've noticed the models were used in a number of other locations, where, unfortunately, they do appear a wee bit out-of-keeping with the setting.

As for other texture suggestions, if you're interested -- and haven't planned these already -- I see that jugs and bottles, which appear in a number of dialogues, amusingly, could stand a bit of refinement. Also, there are some chairs which seem rather rough. (I'll try to find some shots of the ones I mean.)

Finally, I spotted a possible glitch: Crates and boxes carried by peasants and dock-hands become invisible while they are holding them. The containers reappear again when they are set down. (I assume there must be a different model for when the crates are being transported.)

No Title

Riven-Twain;n9513081 said:
Although I've naught against those rock walls, and they work quite well in many places (especially near farms), I must admit, however, that I've noticed the models were used in a number of other locations, where, unfortunately, they do appear a wee bit out-of-keeping with the setting.

Hi! I agree.

Thank you so much Halk.

Attachments

• photo169751.jpg
    photo169751.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 86
  • photo169761.jpg
    photo169761.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 60
  • photo169771.jpg
    photo169771.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 62
  • photo169781.jpg
    photo169781.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 56
HalkHoganPL , sorry for the delay, but, if you're interested, here's one shot of the sort of jug I mean: Jug.jpg

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a representative example of the chairs I mentioned while I was playing yesterday. I'll try again next time.

All the best!

Hello guys!
I have some screenshots and info about 5.0 :)

First: from now on, screenshots will be in 4K so you will see more details between HDRP and vanilla textures. :)
For full view - open image in new tab. ;)

Now let's move on to details:

I decided to again reworked Rocks, now they will be in 4K instead of 1K and they will keep vanilla style too. Here's small comparison of WIP 4K:

I already reworked Sewers. Better quality and more deepness textures. As in real sewers, bricks and stones are now more wetness and reflects more light.

Buildings now will have more deeper appearance - deeper holes, more visible cracks, wall imperfections etc. Of course with better quality.

Also some Wood will have improvements. Some examples:

Also windows will be reworked to better quality.

Everything is still WIP so appearance of some stuff may slightly change.

And of course it's just a small part of new stuff from update 5.0, that will be huge. :)
I don't know when 5.0 will be released but probably not soon.

Riven-Twain;n9526021 said:
Aha. A new participle. . . . Halk, verb: To polish, improve, or otherwise rework textures, models, and graphics.

Ay, perhaps it could benefit from a bit of an overhalk.
:smiling2:

Best Regards, Halk ;)

Looking amazing! I'm especially loving what you're doing to the buildings! Keep it up and thank you for your hard work!

Hi. The depth of a little too much, the impression, as if the stones and bricks have a black outline.
Sorry for English, I use Google translate.

It's nice we are moving in to walls - there is much work to be done here.
But I was playing the beginning of The Witcher last night and I've noticed some of smaller flaws (in cutscenes close-up they are just too obvious) .

For example, fringes on carpet at beginning of the game (when Geralt is taking a bath) are terrible and show to us from really close shot. The same story goes for sheeps (a bait for a griffin, and in some other places as well) and pigs (we all know the quest with cursed gold).

And by the way, who would thought then a few years from launch of the game we will see The Witcher 3 in form like it was (or in some places even better looking) from the time before downgrade. If only the moders could edit vegetation...

P.S. On the last update you were doing a reflectons in the fountain, puddles and small rivers. I was wondering if the same technique can be use to mirrors? We all know, they have no reflectons (even bad quality reflectons would be better then non existing).

I believe the water reflections are Screen Space reflections, which means they can't be applied to mirrors, because they use the existing scene rendered on the screen to form an approximate reflection (It's a fake reflection), mirrors should reflect you and what's behind you, that means it should be taking its texture data from an entirely different camera angle that's rendering the scene again (at a lower resolution) and then projecting that texture onto the mirror's surface (I'm no graphics designer, but that's how I understand the technique)
Edit: also, that means if you apply SSR to a mirror, when you look directly at it, it'll create a weird 'endless portal' like effect.

Last edited:
Can you share more Screenshots :) Nice work Greg. And sheep looks evil and kinda scary :(
Look at this bunch, sooo huggable:

@GregorWladacz

Your sheep are definitely better looking. The only complaint I can have is the texture of the wool.
I know it's hard to be done right on a flat surfaces (without creating 3D hair) but at lesat it should look more like this:

Top Bottom