[MOD] More Quick Slots

+
[MOD] More Quick Slots

Doubles the number of quick slots for consumables (potions and food) and for bombs.

Actually you can assign up to 16 consumables and all 8 bombs to quick slots because the equpped items are separated in two sets, only one being active at a time. And you can easily toggle the active set from Inventory and Quick Access menus.

Another major feature is the Quick Inventory HUD module, from which the player can drink potions or decoctions, apply oils, view and repair equipped items, eat food or read books. Also the Quick Inventory contains a list with the latest 12 received items.

More details on Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1221

All screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/inAjB

Last edited:
This mod changes the hud.redswf, hud_radialmenu.redswf, hud_iteminfo.redswf and panel_inventory.redswf.

Hi,

is there any light you can shed on how you managed to edit these files? I tried using JPEXS Decompiler, could edit, but not save. Any info you can give on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yup, I think that info would also be helpful for mods like "Slots, slots, slots", where they weren't able to figure out how to actually add the slots into the UI.

Hi,

is there any light you can shed on how you managed to edit these files? I tried using JPEXS Decompiler, could edit, but not save. Any info you can give on this would be greatly appreciated.

I also used JPEXS and it works. Is not too stable, but you can do the job.

But is not that easy. Using the experimental feature to edit the action scripts doesn't work. Instead you'll have to modify the low level instructions.

I had some problems when trying to edit some SWF files exported using Sarcen's Mod Editor. It worked ok for most of the files I've changed for other mods, but it didn't work for panel_inventory.redswf and panel_glossary_tutorials.redswf. Loading the exported file in JPEXS and saving it under a different name results in a smaller file. And this is the only difference, the file is only truncated with few hundred bytes, so probably Sarcen's Mod Editor sets something invalid in a header. Or maybe the bug is in JPEXS. This is not a real problem because now I use as start point the GFX file obtained after uncooking the game. And I use Sarcen's Mod Editor only to import back the modified GFX files and to pack the files into a bundle.

Attached you'll find a README.txt file with all the changes I've made to the REDSWF files for this mod.

I also have another mod that changes the panel_worldmap.redswf, named All Quests Objectives on Map. Inside the bundle you'll find some text files describing the changes: renamed an event, added custom icons, updated some functions etc...

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• MoreQuickSlots-REDSWF-Changelog.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I also used JPEXS and it works. Is not too stable, but you can do the job.

But is not that easy. Using the experimental feature to edit the action scripts doesn't work. Instead you'll have to modify the low level instructions.

I had some problems when trying to edit some SWF files exported using Sarcen's Mod Editor. It worked ok for most of the files I've changed for other mods, but it didn't work for panel_inventory.redswf and panel_glossary_tutorials.redswf. Loading the exported file in JPEXS and saving it under a different name results in a smaller file. And this is the only difference, the file is only truncated with few hundred bytes, so probably Sarcen's Mod Editor sets something invalid in a header. Or maybe the bug is in JPEXS. This is not a real problem because now I use as start point the GFX file obtained after uncooking the game. And I use Sarcen's Mod Editor only to import back the modified GFX files and to pack the files into a bundle.

Attached you'll find a README.txt file with all the changes I've made to the REDSWF files for this mod.

I also have another mod that changes the panel_worldmap.redswf, named All Quests Objectives on Map. Inside the bundle you'll find some text files describing the changes: renamed an event, added custom icons, updated some functions etc...

Hope it helps.

That sounds great, but also is exactly what I did. I used the low-level editor to make changes, I renamed an event and also renamed the string that returns the menu name (I need that because I basically made copy of the existing file and I can load it and everything, but when the .ws script request MenuName it obviously always returns the original name, so it basically can't find my edited file.)

I will check the readme now and see what I can do, thanks so much so far.

The mod was updated (new version is 1.12.1). Added the possibility to assign up to 16 consumables (potions & food) and 8 bombs to the quick slots.

Updated this mod for patch 1.22.

Attachments

• inventory_kb.jpg
    inventory_kb.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 225
  • radial_kb.jpg
    radial_kb.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 326
  • hud_kb.jpg
    hud_kb.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 516
  • inventory_gamepad.jpg
    inventory_gamepad.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 171
  • radial_gamepad.jpg
    radial_gamepad.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: aeN
I'll update soon the mod to add a new major feature: Quick Inventory.

Some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/FqJ6T

This actually is a mini-inventory that can be accessed directly with a new key (Caps-Look probably is the best option) or from Quick Access menu (mouse right click or controller Y button). It is a HUD module, so will open fast, like the Quick Access menu.

The idea is to quickly apply oil, repair equipped items, consume food and potions / decoctions that are not assigned to quick slots. This without accessing the inventory, which loads quite slowly and you need to change the current tab to access some important items, like oils. The order for potions, decoctions, oils and repair items will be stored in the save file, so you can arrange them as you wish.

I will probably need 2 weeks to finish it (more or less).

I'll update soon the mod to add a new major feature: Quick Inventory.

Some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/FqJ6T

This actually is a mini-inventory that can be accessed directly with a new key (Caps-Look probably is the best option) or from Quick Access menu (mouse right click or controller Y button). It is a HUD module, so will open fast, like the Quick Access menu.
The idea is to quickly apply oil, repair equipped items, consume food and potions / decoctions that are not assigned to quick slots. This without accessing the inventory, which loads quite slowly and you need to change the current tab to access some important items, like oils. The order for potions, decoctions, oils and repair items will be stored in the save file, so you can arrange them as you wish.

I will probably need 2 weeks to finish it (more or less).

Am I missing something? I'm trying to toggle the active set using mouse wheel with this mod. While in the quick access menu, it switches, when going out of it, it reverts back to the previous set.

UPDATE: No idea why it didn't work for potions with mosue wheel, but I found one set of settings that binds it to End key. That's good enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom