[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
LukeSparow
Point me to location, tag it on a map if you can, there is some separate env files for Skellige...
Or even better save file would be fantastic. I am glaad to hear that there is not much work because i cant wait to fix everything and start new game...
Did you played that quest with one off my eddits or with original because i did tone down bloom...

Last edited:
WalteriusMaximus I can but why do you want to do it ? It looks realistic to have them... Ps. In new update Sun and Moon are back in swamps :) Also i am planning separated weather csv for swamps but we will see.

Mishikedman
I've done some testing with the torch in Velen during different lighting and weather conditions with your latest version.
Overall it looks very good. There is however a strange bloom issue with the torch. I've made multiple videos so you can see for yourself. It only seems to happen when the camera is looking at either the sun or moon with bloom turned on.
Here are the videos:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxhgiqifi00tfci/The Witcher 3 03.26.2017 - 12.16.33.05.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9hiws2qjgi70gf/The Witcher 3 03.26.2017 - 12.07.23.02.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pw3xyin0nwq8gks/The Witcher 3 03.26.2017 - 12.05.34.01.mp4?dl=0

You may also notice some strange clouds in the videos. I'm honestly not sure what causes them. They were there when I fast travelled to that part of the map from Skellige. They also appeared when using the stop-rain command as you'll see.
I do also agree with Walterius on the lightshafts coming off the moon. Some minor lightshafts do look good on the moon, but often it gets too intense which makes it look very unnatural.
I think the easiest and best solution would be to just delete the moon's light shaft capabilities completely, but you are more familiar with the systems and whatnot so you probably have a better idea.
Your call!

Mishikedman
Here's also a report on the odd lighting I talked about in the woods of the In the Heart of the Woods quest.
I've made some videos to show off the issue. It happens during all times of day but is most noticeable during nighttime.
If I recall correctly from a previous play-through the issue is gone after finishing the quest, which gives me the impression that this particular ENV is attached to the quest specifically. (couldn't test right now as I didn't have the time to do the quest)
I have had this issue with all versions of STLM 3 including your fixes. I think it's a vanilla issue that's made worse by the lighting changes done by STLM.

Here's the videos:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7biaq8czo4vsqut/The Witcher 3 03.26.2017 - 12.13.27.04.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/orlysidv0jdib0j/The Witcher 3 03.26.2017 - 12.54.53.06.mp4?dl=0

I've also made a save file for you to try all of this out yourself and get a better idea of the cause of the issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j14yj8fsu3hkp5a/In the Heart of The Woods Save.7z?dl=0

It's a quick-save as for some reason I couldn't find any manual saves in my documents so apologies if that causes any inconveniences.
This issue isn't a big deal really, but a minor annoyance. If it's too hard to fix I'd say just don't bother!
It's a low priority :p

Good luck man! Hope this helps.

LukeSparow First problem with torch is caused by lens flare effect and can be tone dawn, but i plan to scrap lens flare effect from all regions because it is more problem than its worth and fire look much better without with mod COMPILATION

LukeSparow WalteriusMaximus Problem #2 is caused by this *env_skellige_leshy_forest_v3* and it will be fixed :D I was afraid that there is much more problems with this Skellige i am happy to know that this is all :D

And in a day or two i will make one version separate from this one with moon light shafts removed but i need to fix all other thing before that, because there will be only two version of this mood, because i strike balance between pollens, dust, and all other fx very good IMO.

Also for all i fixed size of sun and moon in all regions and with all weather csv, there was some problems in TWO and Novigrad, but not anymore. :D

Mishikedman
Are you sure it's caused by the lens flare effect? I actually haven't noticed it on torches at all, and as you can see in the video, the issue is gone as soon as I turn off bloom. Seems like an issue with bloom to me!

Make sure you take enough rest Milos! You're doing a staggering amount of updates! Great stuff but take care not to get overworked!

I'm also doing some testing with your latest version around White Orchard, and I have found a bit of an issue with the opening scene there, but more on that later when I've got some videocapture of the issue :)

I also noticed that strange glare/flare with the torch when looking at the moon/sun so I tested it and it was present also with vanilla lighting (no stlm version).

I agree that there's little to do about Skellige (my favourite region :D) apart from the sky getting insanely bright at times and some little tweaks here and there.

Mishikedman;n8210700 said:
WalteriusMaximus I can but why do you want to do it ? It looks realistic to have them... Ps. In new update Sun and Moon are back in swamps :) Also i am planning separated weather csv for swamps but we will see.

I don't think light shafts from the moon is realistic at all. The moon is not supposed to emit so much light. But if people like it, then I guess you can keep it.

LukeSparow Hyadum
Without research, it look to me lens flare is what cause that effect but i will research it more and i am 99% sure i will fix it, also Vanilla share some problems with STLM soo don't worry too much about it.

Soo far bloom is fixed for quest and Skellige but for testing it will be very good to have save file with quest activated :D

Mishikedman
Do you mean the In the Heart of the Woods quest?
It's right there, all you need to do is walk up to the big exclamation mark at the start of the forest and the quest activates :)

LukeSparow Ok i know what is problem now, problem is not caused by env, it is present in vanilla and it looks much worse, but there is a way to fix it but i need to make custom env for this quest and for skilage...

Top Bottom