[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
tennisaddict1999;n9382001 said:
I think Essen thy, has succeeded in porting more B&W clouds, and they look beautiful. I am looking forward to the new update, so many improvements!

I second what tennisaddict1999 said. Also looking forward to new iteration of STLM. New STLM, E3 HUD mod, rokenz Geralt, Triss & Yen mod are my most anticipated mods for TW3.

I mean look at this.

Last edited:
I'm realy curious why almost every lighting mod has this damn ugly white mountains in Velen (and sometimes in Novigrad, but usually not so oversaturated). STLM, WLM (however it depends on the version in this case), even Lighting Deluxe has them, you can see this in one video on YouTube.

Seriously, maybe someone can explain mi this phenomenon, because white mountains in Velen just don't make sense. I mean, they change color, when you are closer to them, and they are NOT covered by snow. They even don't look good. So...what the heck?

Beside this, very nice screenshot. I'm looking forward to new version.

jonusiescu;n9388281 said:
I'm realy curious why almost every lighting mod has this damn ugly white mountains in Velen (and sometimes in Novigrad, but usually not so oversaturated). STLM, WLM (however it depends on the version in this case), even Lighting Deluxe has them, you can see this in one video on YouTube.

Seriously, maybe someone can explain mi this phenomenon, because white mountains in Velen just don't make sense. I mean, they change color, when you are closer to them, and they are NOT covered by snow. They even don't look good. So...what the heck?

Beside this, very nice screenshot. I'm looking forward to new version.

If you're seeing this in "lots" of lighting mods, the problem might be either a Global GPU setting or your monitor's color range.

If using Nvidia, try checking to see if you have "Digital Vibrance" set to anything over 50%. (I'm assuming there's a similar setting for AMD cards.) Brightness and gamma can also decrease the levels between black/white range. Also, try toning down anything related to HDR (High Dynamic Range) in the GPU settings (or mod settings), as it may not be playing nicely with your current rig.

Monitors with narrow color temps don't always have the best range, resulting in displayed color being "blended" poorly between levels, resulting in a saturated or desatrurated look. You'll need to know your monitor to determine this, but a good place to start is by configuring the monitor using a claibration tool, like this.

The other possibility is the nature of making lighting mods themselves. Many games naturally lean toward an overal color "tone". TW3 leans toward yellow / gold. Fallout 3 leans heavily toward green, and Dark Souls uses primarily grey / brown. When someone wants to create a new lighting scheme, they often "zero out" the overall ambiance to a neutral white. This can create a background white "wash" that permeates everything -- especially in the distance, where the textures and geometry "fade" into the ambient settings (which may be white / clear light). I found this to be especially an issue with Dragon's Dogma. Almost all of the mods I tried made everything look like I was staring at snow. :p

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was any angel out there who still has the first STLM( or one of the first) file that was released. That being 1-1.1, things like that. It's my absolute favorite and I loved the way it looked but I wasn't around when it was released and I can't find it anywhere. If anyone could link it they'd be a godsend. Please and thanks x

ChaiAmi;n9546861 said:
Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was any angel out there who still has the first STLM( or one of the first) file that was released. That being 1-1.1, things like that. It's my absolute favorite and I loved the way it looked but I wasn't around when it was released and I can't find it anywhere. If anyone could link it they'd be a godsend. Please and thanks x

https://mega.nz/#!kVJV1bQB!RJx2_4hTj...ytGvhl0eD1VsCU
here you go. I believe i'm an angel now lol

Jukulele_33;n9547201 said:
Looks :) very good :)

:)

Oh man! The missing chimney on that hut is an eye-sore. Where were CDPR looking? The chimney was clearly present in that VGX trailer and then I guess when they've changed the renderer they've deleted it by mistake and have never added it back.

Top Bottom