[WIP] E3DodgeSystem

+

Guest 3841499

Corvah;n9668551 said:
It's not a fixed version. The mod is buggy because it edits .w2anim files, that's what's causing npc animations to freak out among other things. All I did with that 'patch' is remove those files from the mod so it 'works', it has the side effect that a lot of things don't work or don't work as intended. You'll have the new animations, but they're not as smooth for instance.

edit: I said this on the mod page too, but w2anim edits can work if they're mounted through DLC instead of a mod. That's how we fixed it for W3EE.

Does that mean that a DLC version for this mod needs to be made or can we just place the mod folder into DLC folder? Would the user.settings settings help smoothness:
[Behavior]
AnimatedComponentUpdateFrameSkip=false
SuppressAnimatedComponent=false

MonarchX;n9669981 said:
Does that mean that a DLC version for this mod needs to be made or can we just place the mod folder into DLC folder? Would the user.settings settings help smoothness:
[Behavior]
AnimatedComponentUpdateFrameSkip=false
SuppressAnimatedComponent=false

not that simple sadly.

spoxox LukeSparow

I never used it myself, so I had no idea what the effect would be. It's just how I temporarily patched the bug in W3EE until it was properly fixed through the DLC method, so I figured I'd do it for E3DodgeSystem since I looked there for answers to the bug before finding them myself.

Glad it's working fine now though!

Guest 3841499

I think there is some roll rotation smoothness loss and I hope mod author is still around to make a DLC version that works all the way, but even with non-fixed version I experienced people-floating-animation only twice in many hours of gameplay.

I reay hope to try W3EE next play-through because this time I already began with 141 mods, many script-based and changing half-way can seriously corrupt things.

Any ideas what that No Sword Trails and Sparks Addon does? Does it require W3EE?

I use this mod and it works, but much smaller in size - https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/...r3/ajax/moddescription/?id=924&preview=&pUp=1

​​​​​​

MonarchX;n9670211 said:
I think there is some roll rotation smoothness loss and I hope mod author is still around to make a DLC version that works all the way, but even with non-fixed version I experienced people-floating-animation only twice in many hours of gameplay.

I reay hope to try W3EE next play-through because this time I already began with 141 mods, many script-based and changing half-way can seriously corrupt things.

Any ideas what that No Sword Trails and Sparks Addon does? Does it require W3EE?

I use this mod and it works, but much smaller in size - https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/...r3/ajax/moddescription/?id=924&preview=&pUp=1

​​​​​​

Let's not hijack this post with W3EE stuff. But to answer your question: You can't use W3EE's sword trails addon if you're not using W3EE.

but even with non-fixed version I experienced people-floating-animation only twice in many hours of gameplay.

You're experiencing this because you're using the non-fixed version. If you meant you're still suffering the bug WITH the fixed version, it's because there is another mod in your list that edits these .w2anim files.

Guest 3841499

I had one single issue with the fixed version. During a cut scene, a man's spoon hung in the air. I went back to normal non-fixed version and in 4 hours of gameplay had only 1 bug where Geralt froze as he was diving into water inside a cave. That's it. No other animations or issues with normal E3 Dodge + Better Combat Animations + Enemies of Rivia + Complete Animations and 140+ mods. I don't think its a big deal one way or another. Fixed or non-fixed, as you said, something is going to be broken, until someone knowledgeable decides to make it right with DLC method.

MonarchX;n9672071 said:
I had one single issue with the fixed version. During a cut scene, a man's spoon hung in the air. I went back to normal non-fixed version and in 4 hours of gameplay had only 1 bug where Geralt froze as he was diving into water inside a cave. That's it. No other animations or issues with normal E3 Dodge + Better Combat Animations + Enemies of Rivia + Complete Animations and 140+ mods. I don't think its a big deal one way or another. Fixed or non-fixed, as you said, something is going to be broken, until someone knowledgeable decides to make it right with DLC method.

140+mods??? And I thought 40 mods was too much.

Guest 3841499

VedmakOfOld;n9672261 said:
140+mods??? And I thought 40 mods was too much.

Its not enough, man, not enough... The most wonderful thing is that they all work just fine with a very rare glitch or two, resolved easily by save/reload or even by meditation.

MonarchX;n9673741 said:
Its not enough, man, not enough... The most wonderful thing is that they all work just fine with a very rare glitch or two, resolved easily by save/reload or even by meditation.

The beauty of PC gaming!

Comming back to the topic - does anybody have contact with author and knows the state of next update? I was posting with him a few months ago but now - silence. (He still visits nexus from time to time)

Guest 3841499

No, but I re-packaged his NoSwordPlay version with w2anims buffer files that, based on quite a few experienced and credible opinions, can improve glitchy animation bugs. Ever since I used the version with buffers I had 0 animation issues after 5+ hours sessions! I got the buffer files from the DLC NoSwordPlay version of the mod someone else created, but that version has a major bug - Yrden visual and audio effect stops working. I simply used OpenBMW to open both mods, then copied buffer files from the DLC version into official NoSwordPlay version, and then used W3Edit to re-pack the mod.

Guest 3841499

Could someone please test my fixed DLC version? Before this fixed version, there were 2 more:
1. Fixed one without the w2anims files that fixed all issues, but the author stated things "aren't as smooth"
2. Fixed DLC version, but I believe it was done incorrectly and it also prevented Yrden sign lights (on the ground) from showing up when cast outside of combat

I made this version and I THINK it now works 100% now. Is there any way to test whether the w2anims file is actually active as part of DLC?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1raM...ew?usp=sharing

I think you have accidentally merged it with Auto Apply potions. Also in a quick test the twitchy teleport behaviour seems to persist. Will keep an eye on this, would love to be able to use your updated version of it!

I'm sorry I should have elaborated and now I think I might have mixed up two threads. When I originally installed E3DodgeSystem from the Nexus a lot of humanoid enemies had a tendency to "teleport" when they attacked, they would start the attack animation in one position and then glitch next to Geralt. I read that this was a common issue with E3DodgeSystem, I then tried your fix, alas the animation bugs seemed to persist.
However I reinstalled and remerged it after my post last night and on a quick glance it seemd to no longer be bugged, I only fought with about 4 enemies though. I will test more extensively later today once I am home.

Guest 3841499

I just re-uploaded a better packed version, but this time its Full, not the NoSwordPlay. You can use the same link to download Delete all previous E3Dodge DLC's and modE3DodgeNoSwordPlay, unmerge all, then use the latest upload with modE3DodgeFull + repacked DLC.

Don't forget the mod limit! I have never encountered the teleport bug, even with vanilla/original/official E3DodgeSystem mod... I only encountered "T"-animations once in awhile.

Yeah so sorry MonarchX, I think it was a mistake on my end. I've been building my Witcher 3 mod build over the last 3 days and totally tunnelvisioned on a completely different forum post that I for whatever reason thought was this one.

Thanks for uploading the new one, it's going in my game as soon as I'm home! Will be playing most of the weekend, so I will report back with any bugs I notice.

Top Bottom