[MOD] The Butcher Of Blaviken - Lore Friendly Geralt

+
MonarchX;n10294312 said:
You could ask a similar question just about everything in Witcher 3 that differs from reality, don't you think? It makes no sense for HoS Burning Mark to glow/burn either, but it does look really cool and people like it.

Why would Witchers need two swords? It makes sense that monsters do not like silver, but why not use JUST silver swords? The hardness of silver is not that much lower than that of steel. Besides, in Witcher 3 Geralt massacres stone golems with his silver sword. That's enough to take on humans in heavy armor. Why should Witches and Geralt use 2 swords? It's dumb!

Silver goes beyond magical barriers, that's why...monsters on witchers are alien in a way and the product of magic. A silver sword against a steel sword will shatter....and the glowing mark while looks cool, it doesnt make sense...is a mark product of a curse/contract. The burn letting a open flesh wound makes more sense, Geralt is marked as a cow on a ranch to be blunt :p

Guest 3841499

Well, we could go on forever about this, but it would be off-topic. As long as my birthday wish of CyberPunk Geralt comes true, I don't mind just good old Geralt.

Guest 3841499

JUANMAS7ER;n10294572 said:
Silver goes beyond magical barriers, that's why...monsters on witchers are alien in a way and the product of magic. A silver sword against a steel sword will shatter....and the glowing mark while looks cool, it doesnt make sense...is a mark product of a curse/contract. The burn letting a open flesh wound makes more sense, Geralt is marked as a cow on a ranch to be blunt :p

A silver sword against stone-golems would also shatter and that does not explain why there is significant damage reduction when attacking humans with a silver sword, even those in leather armor. Without burning effect, the Mirror Man's mark looks like another scar, and it is supposed to be a constant reminder of being owned, something the burning effect does better than the mark alone.

As far as toxicity goes. What happens to humans when we get sick? Anyone ever had appendicitis? When someone needs to have it removed ASAP, other people looking at the sufferer often comment "man, you look green", but not glowing green, just pale, maybe sweaty, sick, with very slight green-ish overtone.

I mean come on, we;re talking real life vs fictional Witcher universe, where Fairy Tale land is possible. That means anything is possible, as long as it has an explanation with SOME tiny bit of merit to it.

MonarchX;n10294642 said:
Well, we could go on forever about this, but it would be off-topic. As long as my birthday wish of CyberPunk Geralt comes true, I don't mind just good old Geralt.

Guest 3841499

It's either an eye texture for Geralt or an eye mask texture for Witcher Glowing Eyes that fits Realistic Eyes mod textures, I think... I use Witcher Glowing Eyes mod, but the mask texture it provides is plain, flat, and low resolution. I copied Geralt's cornea portion of the eye from Realistic Eyes mod (which I use for Geralt) and used it to create a better eye mask for Glowing Witcher Eyes mod. I think it worked. The difference is subtle, but it's there (if I disable blurry NVidia FXAA!).

The butcher of blaviken is a lore-friendly XD networkx I have to follow the guidelines .. making the green toxic effects does not make sense, the veins are purplish .. never seen green veins XD the green effect on the screen is to alert the player of potential risk.

The texture posted at the top is the eye of Geralt in the trailer Killing Monster .. handmade texture (this is why it is not a perfect circle>.>), I will continue to work on it after the release of 1.8 .. when I have time.

In the meantime, I update you on the latest news of version 1.8

Regarding the textures:
- I have made the eyebrows grayer in order to decrease the contrast black / white and then make the eyebrows more natural and decrease the effect "raised eyebrows" caused by white hairs.

- Eliminated some unwanted hair on the eyebrows

- Eliminate dark shadows from the scalp, so using non-HW versions will appear more uniform.

- HW dl DLC hair is now smoother

- [WIP] I am currently trying to exclude (without causing bugs) the file geralt_strand_bw which alters the coloring of the hair when entering dark places. Moreover this file when applied on HW hair forms black dots diffused on the hair (it also happens in the vanilla version). Before removing it I must understand if it also affects non-HW hair so I will have to do other tests.

-change beard follicles to make them better suited to white / gray color

Regarding Optional files:

- Added the infinite LOD on some hair styles (not on all, only those who had problems such as "Long and loose", "Shaved except for a pony tail" and "Loosely gathered, tied behind the head"

- [WIP] Found the way to alter all the shadows of the .redfur files (Hairworks). Currently I changed the style "Shaved on the sides, with a good result.

- [WIP] Fixed a bug that caused beard and black hair (very dark gray) in the presence of a light source (in some circumstances), especially with torches and bonfires.

- [WIP] Color balance for non-HW hair and beard

P.S. I hope it's over here XD, every time I find a problem during the tests I try in every way to solve it: P

If any of you want to give me a hand (just playing) to help me find problems, come forward ... the only requirement to preview the alpha version 1.8 is to report all the problems you find and of course a communication go on.

Thank you

(by google tras.)

[WIP]Hairworks Hair / beard Fixed by Denroth

Last edited:
Denroth;n10370262 said:
Certo... se controlli il mio profilo c'è scritto ;)

Ma vatte a ammazza te e il macellaro de Blacken va! :D seriamentss fa paicere vedere un connazionale così talentuoso. Dacci dentro cosi. P.s. Gerry lo preferivo coi capelli e la barba bianchi bianchi

Despite the pleasant tone of the conversation (and Italian being a beautiful language), I'm going to have to ask you to switch back to English or take the discussion to PM.
This is the English forum, and posts should be written in the appropriate language.

RidiculousName;n10370642 said:
Despite the pleasant tone of the conversation (and Italian being a beautiful language), I'm going to have to ask you to switch back to English or take the discussion to PM.
This is the English forum, and posts should be written in the appropriate language.

non! ma che dicci, non c'entra niente!!!

lol, my medium italian level, late to the party

np about the english RidiculousName

Top Bottom