[MOD] The Butcher Of Blaviken - Lore Friendly Geralt

+

Guest 3841499

1.8 looks slightly darker to me, but they both have dark grey roots and the beard would the same color as the root wouldn't it? I need to look at photos of men with white hair and what they look like shaved...

Guest 3841499

I want it! It's perfect for lighting mods with much artificial light reduced and cutscene lighting edited/disabled, in which vanilla TBOB face skin can sometimes (in some rainstorms) look red-dish, WW version can look pink (like Vanilla TBOB would normally), and now pale version version makes skin on face look like normally TBOB WW would look! It also corresponds with how people tell Geralt that he looks sick/ill.

It's like all of the universe is collapsing upon itself to deliver me the W3 mods I badly desire within a short period of time - from TBOB Pale Skin to new HDRP 5.0, and who knows, maybe one of the upcoming HUD mods or parts of it will be compatible with Friendly HUD. Too bad the universe is doing that just to test my resolve and temptation to replay W3 once more when my important exam is so close...

Yeah, MonarchX , you can come back to the game whenever you want to, but you won't get as many chances or tries to study for your exams and they're much more important.

Guest 3841499

Nice! BTW, I started seeing deep dark/black HW shadow in some cut scenes again, have yet to figure out how to fix it.

I'm using the white wolf version, and I've noticed that the Toxicity effect is also whitened, too much so in fact.

BUT here's the conundrum:
I never liked the vanilla effect either, because every time after a fierce combat, Geralt would look like an allergic eyeball in a hey field.

There's balance in between I think.

many are asking me what are the differences between the various versions ..

I answer: Read the Changes log and take a look at this comparative image.

This mod is quite essential for me now. Can't believe how poor Vanilla Witcher looks lol. And that striga scar is purrfect :).

and thinks that many say it is a mod that does not bring changes. XD

Thanks for the nice words <3

It's like night and day difference haha. Especially with adding your Cat Eyes from TW2 (love the bright ones - aren't really too bright on my monitor setup, but love how they give the glow in the dark - kind of xD).

Now need to find the better replacement for starting armor + swords as vanilla ones are shit beyond belief :/.

News 06/30/2018

Today this mod has achieved an important result, 730 endorsements and 12,500 unique downloads. These are impressive numbers if we consider that The Witcher 3 came out 3 years ago, for this reason I want to thank all of you for support.

The Butcher of Blaviken is currently in the final stage of its development, after 16 updates including bug fixes and improvements, version 1.8.1 can be considered the final version of this mod, but I am aware that it is not perfect ...there is room for improvement , which is why I will continue to collect your feedback. If you have ideas / suggestions to give, I have opened a discussion in the "Forum" section to collect your requests.

A new version (1.8.5) is currently being worked on, notably for non-HW hair and beard (for the optional file), the improvement of the toxic face texture for all versions, Geralt's face wet when it rains or enters the water and more details for the textures of the head (forehead, cheekbones, scars and beard stage 1).

Stay tuned for more updates. <3

Last edited:

NEW VERSION 1.8.5(/1.9) INCOMING
Hi guys, I inform you that a new version of The Butcher Of Blaviken is coming. The number of this version will be 1.8.5, but if I can make all the changes in the program, version 1.9 will probably arrive.​
Currently my priorities are:
- correction of problems related to non-HW hair and beard (the non-HW beard is full of bugs, some of which not even CDPR has managed to solve them, so I will do my best).
- In some circumstances (especially in the absence of light sources) the skin of Geralt's face takes on a "plasticized" look. With the new version, the skin will be slightly "brighter" in strong light, while it will appear more realistic in shaded areas (with little light).
- Thanks to the change listed above, Geralt's face will appear slightly wet during the rain (or after immersion in water). Unfortunately, there is not a file that regulates this change, any change that affects the "wet face" will affect the appearance even when Geralt is completely dry. What I will try to do is to better balance the two things so that they both seem as realistic as possible.
- In this new version there will be some changes to the textures (for this I will need your feedback). The changes concern in particular the face of Geralt: the forehead, the cheekbones, the scars, the eyebrows (which will be slightly thicker) and the face of toxicity redesigned for all versions.
- The toxic face will have a new style (similar to the current version with more details). For this update I am taking inspiration from the trailer (prologue) of The Witcher 1 and A Night to Remember by The Witcher 3(obviously will not be too invasive changes, the goal is to maintain a cleaner appearance than the vanilla version.). IMG 1 - IMG 2
- Facial scars will seem less recent.

Stay tuned

(sorry for eng)

Last edited:
Stand alone versions of the fixed non-HW hair and beard, as well as the Striga Scar would be neat.

I'm curious, so if I may ask: What are some of the bugs related to the non-HW hair and beard?

Never encountered that before I think. All the beards are grey-ish white. The darkest beard growth stage is stage 4 out of 5, meaning the medium length full beard (shaved, stubble, short, medium, long).

Do you mean that growth stage and its color, or a specific bug that I did not happen across yet?

Anyway, fixing bugs is always a good idea so thank you for that.

News 07/02/2018
as I mentioned in the previous posts .. regarding some changes to the textures, I need your feedback.
I did many hours of gamplay with TBOB 1.8.1 and I made it clear that there is something that does not convince me with eyebrows ... The double color white / black creates a contrast that is too strong in some situations can be annoying. for this reason I decided to apply some changes.

- with version 1.9 (most likely) the eyebrows will be more dense, with very few black hairs (tending to dark gray), each hair will have a 3D effect so as not to make them appear flat ... with this new version, I will do a rework of scar on the left eye of Geralt (the final part that cuts the eyebrow). I fixed a bug that caused a color change in the eyebrows (there was something wrong with Geralt's vanilla maps).

This is the result (it's still WIP)

1.9v -- - -- 1.8.1v

Top Bottom