[MOD] The Butcher Of Blaviken - Lore Friendly Geralt

+

Guest 3841499

That's what Asmodean did - set LOD 1 to 40, but once again, I saw no difference, most likely because Geralt stands to close to the camera. Try the free camera approach - see if distancing further than normally lowers mesh detail with vanilla meshes, then compare to your edited meshes. One way or another, if free camera does show the difference, then who cares? There's no time during gameplay when Geralt is standing further away than the camera allows, aside from cut scenes, where Geralt is always rendered with full detail...

I said the best way to make Geralt look better is to up that polygon count instead of messing with LOD's.

I agree with you

a question I would like to use this mod for TBOB to make Non-Hairworks white hair
https://rd.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/504

I tried to contact the author, but he didn't answer, the message has not yet been read

his last activity dates back to 2016 ...
I think it's a "abandoned" mod ..

I would like to use it in the "package" of my mod.

I tried uncook his mod and cook it with the textures of TBOB and it works correctly ... without using W3Edit, only W3Oven.

the author is rivianbleidd

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Could you link me to that mod? Not the TBOB, but the other one?

Guest 3841499

Why make it part of TBOB? I use it too and even though it hasn't been updated, it's a stand-alone mod... It's not just for TBOB, so why would you make it part of TBOB?

because the Hairworks version differs too much from the non-Hairworks version ..

the Hairworks version of TBOB aims to have white hair for Geralt .. the nonHW version has beige hair>.> is not what I want ...

Guest 3841499

So edit the non-HW version? I am lost, sorry, its me - not you... You can always link your mod to that page. I had bad experience when trying to clean up COMPILATION texture from errors/bugs and posting it as new not-my-mod, giving the author all the credit with all the links, etc. It was taken down and I would hate the same to happen to you... I was lucky they saw that I sought permission, which was never truly given to me since COMPILATION was abandoned too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3841499

You could change some parameters and it may come off as your own mod. I mean some mods are simply removal of all parameters. It is kind of hard to claim that something like that is your mod and cannot be re-uploaded as part of another mod without giving credit.

I just downloaded a sweet addition to TBOB by thin-o-vintage - the normal and height UHD body and face maps from his latest Night to Remember mod. Geralt looks epic now!

Guest 3841499

Nice, but what about 1.6 vs 1.7 comparison? What did you change? Just the hair?

MonarchX;n9959581 said:
Nice, but what about 1.6 vs 1.7 comparison? What did you change? Just the hair?

- I removed the "pixel effect" on the hair textures
- changed the color of beard and hair to match them perfectly
- I modified the appearance of the beard, in particular the shadows that in some circumstances made the beard appear too dark compared to the hair
- completely modified Geralt's scalp, this helps to maintain the look of Geralt's hair as it should be, without "dark areas" (with Hairworks)
- Bugfix on some styles of hair and beard

EX:
https://i.imgur.com/Nd1xwdl.png

https://i.imgur.com/IvbVYdk.png

- Re-texture of the lips, now there is no more "lipgloss effect"

these are the touches done up until now

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Nice! I did notice that HairWorks Beard shadow was a bit overwhelming, but I think it comes from the follicles themselves, as objects, not the textures... Still, will definitely check out your 1.7 update! Thanks for all your hard work!

MonarchX;n9963891 said:
Nice! I did notice that HairWorks Beard shadow was a bit overwhelming, but I think it comes from the follicles themselves, as objects, not the textures... Still, will definitely check out your 1.7 update! Thanks for all your hard work!

that's right ... unfortunately it's not possible to completely solve the problem, but I can reduce the impact ..

now I'm working on a New Texture for toxicity face.. less annoying and more beautiful to see :)

this is the state he's in now :)

if you have suggestions I accept them willingly
Toxicity Face: Vanilla VS TBOB 1.7[WIP]

Guest 3841499

I like the new toxicity face better. Vanilla is over-done and makes Geralt lose his "cool" aspect. Can't wait for the release! Will your HW beard version be just a recolor or will you release it the redfur files with new features, like wind effects on beard hair follicles? There is already a mod that does it, but I was curious what other cool things HW allows and how to enable them in redfur files.

Guest 3841499

Did you create new normal and height maps for the update or still sticking only to diffuse? You could pair up with another modder, such as thin_o_vintage, who's normal and height maps I use with TBOB.

ty man :) I "simply" modified the tga file for toxicity face

for when it concerns the "redfur files .. sincerely

I have never heard of it. lol

as you may have noticed, I'm good with the graphics but with the scripts and similar things are a noob. XD

"You could pair up with another modder"
I like the idea, but I can not "call them home" .. ^^"

anyway talk to me about these "redfur files" do you know how to modify them? + _ +

for the maps .. I'm doing some tests .. if I like the final result I will insert them in this version ^^

Top Bottom