[Mod Request] E3 Hud

+
Hyadum;n9278921 said:
A little thing I managed to do thanks to erxv. I don't know how it exactly worked in E3 but now it works like this:

Not sure I understand why? I can see that the difference is the outline on the health bar out of combat, but why?

In the e3 demo geralt's health changed from thin to "full" sometime. I thought it was like a "in combat" indicator or something similar but sometimes in the same demo it didn't change. I liked the effect though so I redid it and made it work like that. :)

Last edited:
Hyadum;n9278921 said:
A little thing I managed to do thanks to erxv. I don't know how it exactly worked in E3 but now it works like this:

Kayhan2000;n9279741 said:
Looks Awesome, and I looked it up, about what you said Hyadum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw

Forward to Minute = 2:45

As everyone can see, what hyadum says applied here.

Hyadum WalteriusMaximus, Kayhan2000 Just rewatched the full video. It both does change and does not.

For instance right after meeting Johnny when Geralt first encounters drowners it DOES revert to the "IN-COMBAT" healtbar. But when Geralt fights harpies it DOESN'T. Right after talking to the Crones when Geralt encounters bandits it also DOES NOT change and just stays like the "OUT OF COMBAT" one. Moving on Geralt fights a drowner and a grave hag and it DOESN'T change but right after that he fights a water hag and it DOES change. In the fight with the Werewolf and the wolves, Whispering hillock and endregas it also changes. So the ratio is 4:3 in favor of it changing.

However to tell you the truth I don't like this healthbar swap either. I'm not sure it's possible to make it change 50% of the time and not change the other 50%. I'd rather have it be constant and not changing. The "IN-COMBAT" one to me just looks way more like a vanilla one and I'd love to distance myself from vanilla as possible.

P.S. Are you planning on ditching that pesky "levelup" icon? It just clutters the screen in my opinion.

Last edited:
How about making the eyes of the medallion glow red (the default image) when in combat and without the glow (just black) when not? is even possible? would be a nice touch

That's why I said I didn't know how that "effect" worked exactly. Sometimes it did show, sometimes it didn't. I like it personally :)

About the level icon no idea still. Maybe it might get changed or maybe even taken off completely. But it also might stay. :)

JUANMAS7ER;n9280121 said:
How about making the eyes of the medallion glow red (the default image) when in combat and without the glow (just black) when not? is even possible? would be a nice touch

Hyadum;n9280131 said:
That's why I said I didn't know how that "effect" worked exactly. Sometimes it did show, sometimes it didn't. I like it personally :)

About the level icon no idea still. Maybe it might get changed or maybe even taken off completely. But it also might stay. :)

IMHO it'd be great just making the Wolf icon shake when in combat (kinda like The Witcher 1 and erxv medallion mod) but leave the healthbar in one style in all states be it combat or exploration. Levelup icon is an eyesore honestly, I even remember erxv saying something like "who nees the levelup icon".

Last edited:
Hyadum I think you put work into this to make it work, and I personally like it too. In the end it is your decision. But I'd keep it :) Anyways you guys are all doing a really great job and I can't wait to get my hands on it :)

Hyadum;n9280131 said:

I think it was a result of an unfinished game. I don't believe this was meant as a feature. It's all good and well if you can make it work consistently (unlike in the demo) but personally, I think it is something that won't make any noticeable difference in the end. I would in fact prefer to have the healthbar without the border, consistently in or out of combat.

I've been here since the beginning and the progress is so astounding. You modders are doing gods work for TW3 community thank you so much!! If you need me to test the mod ill be glad to do it

Glitterfart;n9292731 said:
I've been here since the beginning and the progress is so astounding. You modders are doing gods work for TW3 community thank you so much!! If you need me to test the mod ill be glad to do it

I am literally the first post of this thread lol.

Top Bottom