[Mod Request] E3 Hud

+
Kayhan2000;n9543371 said:
Just asking out of the blue, do you think it could be made compatible with mods like W3EE?

from my understanding if it uses the same scripts, you'll need to try merge them yourself. i dont use that myself so i dont know for sure if it works or not.

Sorry for my English, but I'm Polish, be it will possible to install, for example, a map separately? Whether Will it just be all in one whole HUD? If you wrote about this before, I'm sorry, but apparently I did not read it ;)

Guest 2364765

Hyadum;n9543001 said:
Yea I know about w3strings but I was referring mainly to menus and submenus, which have textures with names on them. Those won't get translated sadly.

Which parts of menus and submenus? Even if they're flash elements IIRC using textboxes would make them localizable.

Guest 2364765

paulscotttt;n9543641 said:
the text is on the image.

Yes but is that a necessary design? I assume it's part of flash objects so using textless images as background and flash textbox class would achieve same effect whilst allowing it to be fully localizable.

skacikpl;n9543691 said:
Yes but is that a necessary design? I assume it's part of flash objects so using textless images as background and flash textbox class would achieve same effect whilst allowing it to be fully localizable.

theres no way to make BOLD font nor some other stuff like specific things being a specific font.. if its not pixel perfect text from demos people will bitch...

Hyadum;n9542851 said:
The mod has been worked on 16:9, so no resolution other than that will be supported. It should work for the other resolutions but you may find glitches and stuff like blackbars, things appearing where they shouldn't and so on. So you can use it with other resolutions, but don't expect it to work flawlessly. It may or it may not.
Also another thing: mod is English only.
Again English is the most common language, so it was an obvious choice. No other language will be supported. If you play in another language, you'll probably have parts of the mod that will remain in English and they will not get translated. You'll basically end up with some texts in your own language and some in English. I'm not sure if the font will work okay with non-latin languages or if it will show squares and stuff. Hopefully not but again, not sure.

Quick question: what if non-English speakers could provide translations for those menus in their own language? Those interested in helping out with the localization part would only need the list of words to translate and voila! They can also look into which font is used for their own localized version of the game.

I personally don't have any issues with playing in English even though it's not my native language but localizing the mod would definitely help it have a wider reach. I assume it's just the menu and submenu tabs that need translating, right?

Last edited:
VedmakOfOld;n9544251 said:
Quick question: what if non-English speakers could provide translations for those menus in their own language? Those interested in helping out with the localization part would only need the list of words to translate and voila! They can also look into which font is used for their own localized version of the game.

I personally don't have any issues with playing in English even though it's not my native language but localizing the mod would definitely help it have a wider reach. I assume it's just the menu and submenu tabs that need translating, right?

erxv;n9543751 said:
theres no way to make BOLD font nor some other stuff like specific things being a specific font.. if its not pixel perfect text from demos people will bitch...

Maybe what erx said wasn't clear enough I guess. The way the mod was "made" can't be easily translated, at least those parts I referred to as "menus and submenus". It wouldn't just be "hey, here's the loc files, if you want translations go ahead and help us." It would mean, make a mod version for every language. That is clearly not going to be happening.

And if we used the method Skacick talked about (which IS the best way to make a mod really) then it wouldn't look anywhere near E3.

Last edited:
Hyadum;n9545571 said:
Maybe what erx said wasn't clear enough I guess. The way the mod was "made" can't be easily translated, at least those parts I referred to as "menus and submenus". It wouldn't just be "hey, here's the loc files, if you want translations go ahead and help us." It would mean, make a mod version for every language. That is clearly not going to be happening.

And if we used the method Skacick talked about (which IS the best way to make a mod really) then it wouldn't look anywhere near E3.

Noted. I have indeed misunderstood you. Much obliged for the explanation.

Guest 2364765

Hyadum;n9545571 said:

To be honest, making a sub-version of it further down the line that'd be fully localizabe would be preferable to many i imagine.
I'm not part of the community that's furiously jerking off to everything that has E3 in it, but pure black UI is so raw it's not even funny so any kind of change is more than 100% improvement, however personally i take consistency over looks so personally i'd gladly trade eye candies like bold font elements and such for the sake of having consistent UI.

Still, that's just my opinion.

Skellige Main Map WIP

These maps look so good. I have a question regarding the menus:

Can you keybind certain menus (such as map and inventory) so that I don't have to enter the main menu screen to select one of the aforementioned menus? I can currently do this on vanilla w/gamepad (pressing the touchpad to access the map with one button is really nice) so I was wondering whether accessing menus like this will work in the same way with E3 HUD.

Top Bottom