[Mod Request] E3 Hud

+

Guest 3841499

Why is it taking so long? I am not rushing - I am just curious because it seems like background images is what is being changed, inventory, HUD itself. I am just trying to figure out what is involved in making this awesome mod happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
MonarchX;n9727671 said:
Why is it taking so long? I am not rushing - I am just curious because it seems like background images is what is being changed, inventory, HUD itself. I am just trying to figure out what is involved in making this awesome mod happen?

Background images. I have to make around 240 of them. I have life and sh*t to do. I don't really care if mods gets released tomorrow or in 5 years. I'm not doing this screens for anyone else than me HUD team.

No rush guys, take as long as necessary. I'm sure when it comes it'll b awesome. Was wondering tho, do you guys plan to have different parts of mod as optionals or easily made seperate? Cause I'd LOVE to use your loading screens for instance but I'm a bit of a addict for friendly HUD.

Guest 3841499

girlfriends_hijab;n9728271 said:
Background images. I have to make around 240 of them. I have life and sh*t to do. I don't really care if mods gets released tomorrow or in 5 years. I'm not doing this screens for anyone else than me HUD team.

240?

VedmakOfOld;n9730761 said:
Seems like an overkill to draw a background for a bunch of copy-pasted Skellige islands.

Things that are unnecessary and meticulous often result in unbridled awesomeness.

Like adding love to soup.

GregorWladacz;n9733711 said:
"love".... And with "love" you mean some body-fluid?

I said "love"...not "luv"! (And let me forestall any follow-up jokes about "salty soup", "stirring it with a noodle", or "making sure its warm before you boil it". There. That'll be quite enough of that. :))

I really appreciate the idea of locale images for each and every signpost. There's something very elegant about that.

SigilFey;n9734601 said:
I said "love"...not "luv"! (And let me forestall any follow-up jokes about "salty soup", "stirring it with a noodle", or "making sure its warm before you boil it". There. That'll be quite enough of that. :))

I really appreciate the idea of locale images for each and every signpost. There's something very elegant about that.

I agree with your last statement but with a caveat, namely as long as those images are colored and not all bland black ones. To me if you were going to go to the trouble of making those for every fast travel point then make them stand out and differ from one another.

Otherwise you might as well leave the loading screens vanilla as I doubt slapping a monster image on the black background is going to make any difference.

You know that something went wrong when you decide to replace these

with this

Who needs the monster closest to the signpost anyway? There's too much handholding in the vanilla game as it is. Dumbing it down further makes no sense. Besides they've already implemented the icon of the closest monster to the UI itself.

Incidentally the last colored one uses the same background as the template they're going to use and the colored one is clearly better with the Leshen just cluttering the image further.

Seems like E3&HUD has abandoned the motto of "recreating as many E3 UI elements as possible" in favor of doing whatever the modmaker's soul desires.

For this particular member of the PC community that praises itself on having many options as one of the major selling points of the PC platform the development of the mod has gone surprisingly dictatorial.

Last edited:
VedmakOfOld;n9736481 said:
Who needs the monster closest to the signpost anyway?

I do, and I think majority of Hud team wants it. But there is something else. You know, you can make all this by yourself. Imagine this, so much E3 everywhere, colored screens even if you don't need them everywhere. You are just blinded by the "E3" as majority here. "Colored" ones have many flaws, the ripped part looks good only on few screenshots.

There are many reasons why we have decided to change them. I might do colored ones as optional in future, but they aren't in plans at the moment.

We never said this will be like E3. The 35 minute gameplay video serves as inspiration, we are not going to copy paste everything. There are many flaws in that video, as erxv already said numerous times.

Last edited:
kilrogg1 Let's agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with the ripped part in my opinion. I wouldn't say that I'm blinded by E3. That footage looked superior to the retail game and that is just fact. "Optional in the future" though at least sounds like you're open to discussion which is good.

Maybe im the only one, but i prefer new ones (much more elegant that way imo). And at least its coherent with all lighting mod/Vanilla.

Last edited:
Top Bottom