Hires Shadows on Geralt

+
Just wanted to know if anyone has managed to get Ansel Utilities working alongside Shared Imports. I get a compilation error when I start even though the two don't actually conflict, but when I remove shared imports, and by extension, any mods that rely on it, the game starts up normally.

This is the compilation error.

Error [modsharedimports]local\cfurcomponent.ws(260): Property 'forceLODLevel' from 'CFurComponent' was alraedy imported.
Error [modsharedimports]local\cfurcomponent.ws(261): Property 'forceAutoHideDistance' from 'CFurComponent' was alraedy imported.

Warning [modsharedimports]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [modsharedimports]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

Guest 3841499

Can this mod be done via editing other files, not using script? I would think even script would have some "dialogue/scene ends" triggers, similar to "combat ends" triggers, but I know little of script. Maybe it could be injected and set to run perpetually or have it done through Bootstrap. I am talking nonsense probably, just throwing ideas...

​​​​​​If developers included that function, did they intend to have it turn off after cut scenes? Maybe it was designed to run only in cut scenes? Kind of a bummer to have it turn off after the first cut scene.

Guest 2364765

Of course it was intended to be only used in dialogues and cutscenes, because by default those are only instances where they are used.

Guest 3841499

That makes sense now. Is it possible to bind a key in input.settings to have Geralt re-loaded to have Hi-Res Shadows restored?

Guest 2364765

No, those shadows have some sort of check on C++ side, if entity calls to enable them for itself outside dialogue/cutscene, the game will instantly turn them off.

Only working hack is to have entity spawn with them enabled (which is what the mod does) and only real way to restore them outside cutscene is to respawn entity (which is problematic in many cases).

you can just type Geralt into console after every scene ends while having the mod and it will make you have hires shadows again...

Guest 2364765

erxv;n10345642 said:
you can just type Geralt into console after every scene ends while having the mod and it will make you have hires shadows again...

At the cost of having your buffs reset IIRC.

Guest 3841499

erxv;n10345642 said:

Yeah, I prefer controllers and I would love to be able to bind button that would perform "typing Geralt in console" function...

Guest 3841499

BTW, since I am going through every w2scene file to disable fake light sources, I bet there are as many triggers as there are cut-scenes - some 1400+.so a reset after each one can be done as a long, looooong, term-project.

Top Bottom