Mods that change Geralts attacks...

+
Mods that change Geralts attacks...

I'm interested in trying mods that change the combat moves and attacks that Geralt performs during fights. Mainly because I'm sick and tired of Geralt doing spinning attacks and jump attacks at enemies that are near enough that a regular strike would suffice (but no, Geralt has to jump at the enemy and do a spin midair, giving enough time for a monster to sucker punch his lights out while still in motion).

I tried playing School of the Roach mod that does excellent work with changed combat moves and attacks for Geralt with half-swording and all, but I'm having issues with that mod gameplay wise, so I'm interested if there are other mods that change the combat as well without creating major issues with the game.

Michael_Knelius;n9067930 said:
Mainly because I'm sick and tired of Geralt doing spinning attacks and jump attacks at enemies that are near enough that a regular strike would suffice (but no, Geralt has to jump at the enemy and do a spin midair, giving enough time for a monster to sucker punch his lights out while still in motion).

I changed this in my mod here: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2031/?

Only for light attacks though, so if you do need to use a gap closer it'd be heavy attack. Delete everything but "combatsword.ws" if that's the only change you want.

Check out the new version of The Enhanced Editon mod by Reaperrz, it changes the combat animations of Geralt so it might be what you are looking for.

Ramon242;n9073030 said:
I changed this in my mod here: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2031/?

Only for light attacks though, so if you do need to use a gap closer it'd be heavy attack. Delete everything but "combatsword.ws" if that's the only change you want.

I'm sorry, but I did what you said - deleted everything except combatsword.ws, left it's subfolder structure in the mod folder intact - and Geralt is still performing spinning attacks on enemies that are close enough instead of an ordinary swing/attack with a passing step. What did you exactly change in your mod for sword combat that is relevant to what I mentioned earlier?

Michael_Knelius;n9083460 said:
I'm sorry, but I did what you said - deleted everything except combatsword.ws, left it's subfolder structure in the mod folder intact - and Geralt is still performing spinning attacks on enemies that are close enough instead of an ordinary swing/attack with a passing step. What did you exactly change in your mod for sword combat that is relevant to what I mentioned earlier?

I downloaded and checked the file. Found no entries with "fast_far" in the name. You might have a conflicting script.

Ramon242;n9084070 said:
I downloaded and checked the file. Found no entries with "fast_far" in the name. You might have a conflicting script.

I have a tiff not with attacks that close a relatively far distance between Geralt and the enemy, it's Geralt performing spinning attacks on enemies that are basically in his face (at range where a regular non-spinning attack, non-jumping attack hits them as well) that is grinding my gears.

Michael_Knelius;n9086140 said:
I have a tiff not with attacks that close a relatively far distance between Geralt and the enemy, it's Geralt performing spinning attacks on enemies that are basically in his face (at range where a regular non-spinning attack, non-jumping attack hits them as well) that is grinding my gears.

The spins on close-ranged attacks are purely visual; they're just as fast as the non-spinning ones. Only the far-reaching attacks are slower. You can replace them by using the "forceanim" console command (using the extended commands mod) to check and replace those animations in the same file. Not hard, but a little tedious.

Gordyne;n9090490 said:
I'm using this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...ods.com/witcher3/ajax/modfiles/?id=2035&pUp=1

Hold Shift for long distance attacks. You have to aim with your camera though, but once you get used to it, the combat becomes A LOT more fun.

Download the second file(first one isn't working) and READ the instructions. It's easy to install though and 1000005 worth it.

Good luck on the path!

This actually reminds me of the Rise of the Sword mod for Witcher 2. It had the same thing with range managment but even more - as it had short, medium and long range and it allowed you to perform different strikes at whim and leisure as directional keys + attack meant different attack/strike at any moment. It was a bitch to memorize (regular combo fast/hard strikes + 8 strikes for medium/long range attacks) but when you did - oh boy was it a blast,

Top Bottom