[Mod Request] E3 Werewolf

+
Ok, so I've theoretically have both models: the head and the body (still with head, but I will delete it in the next step). But I can't get the weight right.That's the biggest problem for now. And then I've got to make completely new textures...

The problems won't stop: I merged the objects, but they still have own vertices, meaning object a isn't really combined with object b, eventhough it looks like it. Now I can merge the vertices manually, but that would take forever... Does anyone have a solution, how to get one surface with vertices and not two surfaces, that are just merged?

GregorWladacz;n9181241 said:
The problems won't stop: I merged the objects, but they still have own vertices, meaning object a isn't really combined with object b, eventhough it looks like it. Now I can merge the vertices manually, but that would take forever... Does anyone have a solution, how to get one surface with vertices and not two surfaces, that are just merged?

I don't know Maya, but have you looked for an attach mesh option ?

No, as far as I know Maya doesn't have this feature. But maybe I can import it to blender and to it there. That should work

EDIT: The problem is bad geometry. I need to fix this or else the model just won't work right. Therefore I've git to connect every single vertex. And that takes forever...

Last edited:
GregorWladacz if you are not in a hurry or such and willing to wait somewhat, I could take a look at it myself and we could cooperate or something in order to make this. Or even find a quicker way to accomplish it. My free time is sporadic, so I can't exactly say when I will start working on it though. Probably in a couple of days...

I just found a way to do it. It's sadly the only way to merge the vertices manually. Until you have time, I will do this. I will finish the head tomorrow or in 2 days. After that I'll do the body. But then, you could help me with painting the weight and so on. Let's see, what's to do, if you are ready ;)

UPDATE: I spent the last days to fix the models.

1. The head is now completely modeled.
2. The body is maybe 90% fixed. I will complete this tomorrow.

After this, I will work on the weight paint and the textures. Then it should be ready (in maybe 1-2 weeks) ;)

Screenshot (2).png Yupp, body-model is complete and ready to get weight painted :)

Fun fact: In the gameplay demo you can see how the werewolf shapeshifts his form. At first, he's not that muscular, but then it howls and the muscles get bigger. Really a shame that this got cut from the final game.

Last edited:
If I only could get it to work. I have the models now, but I can't give them the weight and bones they need. When I try it with Maya, it won't do it. Same with blender. Cercaphus What do you do to attach the "bones" (single joints without hierarchy) to the new model? What program do you use? Really could need help here...

Last edited:
GregorWladacz;n9201781 said:
If I only could get it to work. I have the models now, but I can't give them the weight and bones they need. When I try it with Maya, it won't do it. Same with blender. Cercaphus What do you do to attach the "bones" (single joints without hierarchy) to the new model? What program do you use? Really could need help here...

Hey! No exasperation, just yet! ;)

So, what's happening with Blender? Did you follow the recommended workflow, ie import fbx, save, then import dae, save and then transfer weights from the dae to the fbx mesh?

ok, I imported the dae files to blender, so I have the mesh and the single joints withut the hierarchy. I aligned the new model, transfered vertex color and weight to the new model, renamed it. But when I try to attach the bones to the mesh, it won't work.
I read, that the skeletoninformation with the weight and hierarchy doesn't get properly exported, so i exported it again with the w3 mesh converter, I have a ms3d file with skeleton and mesh now, but I can't open it.

You could also read the tutorials created by MasterOfTheRings here: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2490/? Why don't you try with the obj filetype and/or an additional converter? I think that had worked once for me, but it's been some time...But normally, skeletons are carried succesfully most of the time with the dae format.

And I repeat, that once you transfer the weights from the dae to the fbx mesh, you don't have to attach anything. After you add the armature modifier and select the appropriate armature, then you are practically done with weight painting. You can see the bone influences on the mesh and that's it more or less...

Last edited:
Yeah, well, the problem with the dae is that: the skeleton doesn't get imported, only single joints which aren't connected to a functioning skeleton. Same with the weights. All this data is stored in the .rig-files, not in the mesh. With an obj-file it's the same. Plus there are no joints. But I'll see what I can do. There's gotta be a way.

Mishikedman yeah, carefully. The addon is part of the newer versions and I can install it/activate it, but when I choose the file, nothing happens.
Cercaphus Yupp, looked this video thousand times. The first problem is, that I don't have those bones, not even as sticks. Not with the dae, and not with the fbx.

Top Bottom