[MOD Request] Fog Of War

+
[MOD Request] Fog Of War

I really wish W3 had FoW over the maps to encourage more thorough exploration. A great example of this done very efficiently, is Dragon Age Inquisition.

Would this even be possible to achieve in W3? I thought I'd throw a rock in the bush and see what comes out...

Last edited:
I love the idea, but to be honest it would probible be some work and at this point allmost everyone played the game several times and knows the map like himself so idk. Still, I wish it would be in the game when I first played it :)

Nifty idea, would make sense for the "?" icon to only appear in fog-free areas. But not about to dive into a conversation on the map in this game, lol.

I've completed the game no less than 4 times, but even in my last playthrough I was still finding new things on the maps! I think this was a gross oversight on CDPR's part for not including it, because I would love to know that I have explored the entire map(s) and that simply isn't possible as it is.
It would also be fun to look at the map and see where you've been...

I do hope someone can make this happen!

WalteriusMaximus;n9199431 said:
I've completed the game no less than 4 times, but even in my last playthrough I was still finding new things on the maps! I think this was a gross oversight on CDPR's part for not including it, because I would love to know that I have explored the entire map(s) and that simply isn't possible as it is.
It would also be fun to look at the map and see where you've been...

I do hope someone can make this happen!

Not a fog of war or even a mod, but this app can tell you which quests you've missed (and can automatically help you find them before you miss them):

https://github.com/reubengann/Witcher3MapViewer

It's also searchable which is nice (Control+F)

Last edited:
I don't think he ment the quests, but overall exploration. The world is full of litle things that you can find, but most of the people probible wont. A mod like this would let you know what litle area you missed.

spoxox;n9209171 said:
I don't think he ment the quests, but overall exploration. The world is full of litle things that you can find, but most of the people probible wont. A mod like this would let you know what litle area you missed.

Exactly! People make alternative suggestions because they don't understand the purpose of FoW.

Top Bottom