[Release]Devil's Pit Mod

+

Guest 2364765

[Release]Devil's Pit Mod

Go, where no one else dared to.

Devil's Pit Mod offers you a chance to visit unused area of caverns located at the Devil's Pit quarry along with numerous enhancements to the area and additional content that can be enjoyed within the base game.

Please read: This is the initial 0.9b release, certain aspects of this mod are not finalized yet and some content is still missing/unfinished (mainly dialogues, lore flavoring, additional item and background npc placement).

FEATURES:
Over 19 new items, including but not limited to:
  • Alkaline bomb - Alkaline bomb capable of neutralizing most vicous acids, rendering enemies unable to use acid based attacks.
  • Battlemages essence - Potion enhancing stamina for caster builds.
  • Bear trap - Popular amongst hunters for hunting bears, can be used against other targets with great results.
  • Fine throwing knife - Well balanced throwing knife - lethal weapon if thrown by capable hand.
  • Fungi bomb - Bomb containing spores of fast growing fungus that blocks vocal chords of infected targets making them unable to use their voice.
  • Glue bomb - Bomb containing resin based compound that sticks to enemies, rendering them unable to fly or move.
  • Grappling bolt - Bolt with a hooked end, can be used for quick transportation - nearly useless in combat.
  • Invisibility charm - A magical charm which renders its wearer invisible as long as he moves slowly.
  • Mule essence - Powerful steroid which temporarily enhances maximum carry weight.
  • Plaguebearer - Cursed sword capable of turning fallen foes into undead servants of the wielder.
  • Salt bomb - Simple bomb containing salt, useful against spectral enemies, forcing them to take material form.
  • Shaving kit - An inexpensive portable shaving kit - handy for any man that spends most of his time on the road.
  • Shrapnel bomb - Crude bomb containing hundreds of miniature shrapnels capable of piercing wings of most flying enemies, forcing them to fight on ground. Whilst shrapnels are too small to cause any serious harm, they still can be used to stagger the target.
  • Spring trap - Simple explosive tripwire trap, deals damage within 8 metre radius - can trigger other nearby traps within 6 meters.
  • Sworddancers essence - Potion enhancing stamina for melee builds.
  • Throwing knife - A cheap throwing knife - probably the handle is more lethal than the blade.
  • Viper school hood - Article of clothing popular amongst witchers of the Viper school.
  • Viper school throwing knife - Throwing knives favored by witchers from the school of Viper - well balanced, sharp and poisonous.
  • Virus bomb - Bomb containing virus capable of crippling regenerative abilities of infected targets.

Additionally the caverns now contain a player stash and new place of power (quen).
The Devil's Pit is also now inhabited by new NPCS:

Thaddeus - Human alchemist that's hiding in the Devil's Pit caverns along with Iorveth and remainder of his Scoia'tael friends. Serves the role of a quartermaster in the encampment.

Iorveth - Former employer of the assassin of the kings, now traveling west in hopes of finding a cure for Saskia.

Saskia - Dubbed the dragon slayer, which is ironic for a green dragon. Left barely alive after events of Witcher 2 has entered coma and hasn't woken up ever since.

Victoria - A mercenary, stuck with Iorveth's group for no apparent reason - can be hired by Geralt to be his follower.

Besides all of above, Devil's Pit Mod also offers you an opportunity to test your skills against a mirror copy of your Geralt!
Summoning Stone located in the burning pit will summon a doppler wielding your exact equipment and skills. First victory over doppler will grant you the Plaguebearer steel sword.

Last but not least - the follower NPC. Player can purchase a mercenary contract from Thaddeus which will oblige Victoria to follow and serve Geralt for as long as he has the contract in his inventory. Victoria is capable of:
  • Carrying your equipment.
  • Playing Gwent with tournament level skills.
  • Having a friendly sparring with you.
  • Changing into an alternate outfit.
  • Throwing knives in combat.

INSTALLATION:
WARNING, THIS IS A CONFLICTING MOD IT EDITS FOLLOWING DEFAULT SCRIPTS:
  • btThrowBomb.ws
  • syncManager.ws
  • effectTypes.ws
  • gameEffectManager.ws
  • throwable.ws
  • inventoryMenu.ws
  • playerInput.ws
  • playerWitcher.ws
  • r4Player.ws

I WILL NOT BE PROVIDING HELP WITH COMPILATION ERRORS.

READ: DO NOT USE NEXUS MOD MANAGER TO INSTALL THIS MOD, NMM DOES NOT SUPPORT DLC-TYPE ADDONS!

To install this mod, unzip the contents into your Witcher 3 installation folder, making sure to overwrite the DLC and Mods folder.

USAGE:
All contents of the mod are seamless, after installing the mod you can enter the Devil's Pit caverns via the upper entrance located in the highest point of the quarry.

SHOUTOUTS AND CREDITS:
Holgar96 For the models of Iorveth and Saskia.
KNGR For help and motivation.
Scoutbr0 For help and motivation.
Traderain, Sarcenzzz and rmemr For the tools.
georgetziotis For continuous and unwavering shitposting.

Download available over at Nexus Mods page(CLICK)

Last edited by a moderator:
king0rism;n9188891 said:
I just felt my dick move.

sexy..

One question: how heavy is the workload on this mod? My game is already bloated with mods and i`ll cry if i see loading screens during dialogues.

Guest 2364765

waterbottle23;n9188921 said:
sexy..

One question: how heavy is the workload on this mod? My game is already bloated with mods and i`ll cry if i see loading screens during dialogues.

There's no way to gauge for certain, besides few models and textures for iorveth, saskia and new item icons rest of the content is just logic and entities which should be fairly lightweight.

Apart from my camel mod :p easily the most advanced mod I have seen for Witcher3 so far. Are we getting closer to Oblivion/Skyrim modding levels? How many hours or days did you put into this achievementskacikpl ? ;)

Guest 2364765

Cercaphus;n9189041 said:
Are we getting closer to Oblivion/Skyrim modding levels?
No, not really.
Cercaphus;n9189041 said:
How many hours or days did you put into this achievementskacikpl ? ;)
Frankly - too many. It hasn't been awfully long from start to end but that's like getting a pine cone stuck in your urethra and saying it took doctor only 30 minutes to get it out, whilst in reality it wasn't either easy or pleasant (not to mention getting everybody wondering how did you managed to do that in first place).

Guest 2364765

New version is up on Nexus.

Few fixes and improvements, few additions - including cooking pot and one other interactive item.

so there's quests pertaining to Iorveth and Saskia that's fully voiced? can iorveth or saskia follow you like Victoria?

Victoria's fighting animations look great. I see the knives are now in the weapons tab. Also invisibility seems to work better. NPCs used to look at you even though you were cloaked. Nice!

Top Bottom