Launch issues with mods [Steam]

+
Launch issues with mods [Steam]

Hello,

Today I decided to get back into The Witcher 3 and I started installing my old + new mods, but the first problems showed up quickly.
It's mainly a retexture issue, not 100% sure yet if non retexture mods cause the same issue.

The problem is that my game won't launch anymore after adding a certain amount of retexture mods, it starts in the background and I can see it running in my task manager but the actual game never starts on my screen. It's odd to me because usually when you have too many retextures the game freezes on the loading screen.

When I merge my retextures with mod merger the game launches fine etc but ingame many retexture mods don't work anymore.
At the moment I don't even use that many retextures in my opinion.

Other mods I planned on using with retexture were:
4k clouds
E3 Novigrad Walls
Ciri armor retexture (not sure which one yet)
Triss TW2
Chimney Smoke
Compilation
No Dirty Lens Effect
And some armor retextures but I can switch those to whatever I use at that moment.

Below is my mods list currently, I also use Reshade 3.0 and console command
Does anybody know how to solve this issue cause I can't figure it out :(

Attachments

• photo163621.png
    photo163621.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:
It definitely sounds like a mod limit issue to me. Either try merging more mods with mod merger or try deleting some.

It could also be because of Reshade though! Won't always play nice. Try deleting reshade and running the game. Might fix the problem.

as lukesparrow said, either texture mod limit or mod merging issue. If the first doesn't fix it, try changing the order of the mods you are merging. Had something similar happen to me once, so I ordered last the problematic mods before merging.

LukeSparow;n9271461 said:
It definitely sounds like a mod limit issue to me. Either try merging more mods with mod merger or try deleting some.

It could also be because of Reshade though! Won't always play nice. Try deleting reshade and running the game. Might fix the problem.

Will try it without the reshade and let you know

Cercaphus;n9271491 said:
as lukesparrow said, either texture mod limit or mod merging issue. If the first doesn't fix it, try changing the order of the mods you are merging. Had something similar happen to me once, so I ordered last the problematic mods before merging.

I knew that so before I stopped playing I took screens from how I merged all my mods I used at that moment.

Djeetje;n9271631 said:
I knew that so before I stopped playing I took screens from how I merged all my mods I used at that moment.

I understand, but I don't know what most of the mods you're using affect or how. It's you who must determine what conflicts exist between them and re-arrange them properly. That is a trial and error method that takes time unfortunately.

Cercaphus;n9272571 said:
I understand, but I don't know what most of the mods you're using affect or how. It's you who must determine what conflicts exist between them and re-arrange them properly. That is a trial and error method that takes time unfortunately.

True, I had a similar setup, and hard time getting the new HDRework to work with it. In the end, I changed the order of mods in "mods.settings" - putting the HDR to load before the merged mods - and made the file read only, so script merger couldn't change it - which it does without telling you.

warbaby2;n9281861 said:
and made the file read only, so script merger couldn't change it - which it does without telling you.

I didn't know that, will keep it in mind then!

Top Bottom