Realistically Improved Yennefer VGX E3 Trailer TRVE DLC Appearance

+
cemkey;n9293321 said:
And why so many polygons?:eek::eek::eek:

I like polygons! Isn't more the better? Is it bad? You think I should have increased faces too?

Last edited:
For Game. Or rather for FPS. Nothing good. Although from one wig the game will not fall.
And where did you take the original model? Can you tell me anything?

cemkey;n9293651 said:
For Game. Or rather for FPS. Nothing good. Although from one wig the game will not fall.
And where did you take the original model? Can you tell me anything?

Initially, the hair didn't look as nice or of same quality as Yennefer's vanilla hair. So I thought this was one way of improving its detail. Maybe I should mention it is performance-heavy? :p In my not very top laptop, I haven't noticed any framedrops. Additionally, I found the hairstyle inside the characters>common>>woman_average folder. It is #10. If you need anything else let me know!

Djeetje;n9297131 said:
What is the difference with the DLC version in this mod compared to the original DLC version?

Between the DLC version of my mod and original DLC, the only difference is the removal of the hoods from Yennefer's DLC appearance. Main difference is in the default appearance of Yennefer.

Same BadWolf that just now commented on your Nexus mod page. I have to go to sleep for work, have next few days off, but when I get home I will do that search on the model they used for the in game beginning movie and promotional photos like above. I still think that the deal to use the model's likeness fully, fell through and they had to recreate Yen's face. I think that was part of the game's release delay.

Edit/Update:

Okay, I couldn't lay it to rest yet...found this on Reddit:
From an article: "The biggest problem on the characters was Yennefer,” lead character artist Pawel Mielniczuk says. “ She changed a lot. We prepared like four versions of her face and she looks completely different. The first of them were released with the cosplayers guide…"It was heavily disliked by our community. That was a big disappointment for us. The picture was very unfortunate. That was the first time we showed the character and it’s very important for everybody, for the players and us, and it was just unfortunate. It was supposed to be a small cosplayers guide sent to a few people: unfortunately when you throw it to the internet it appears everywhere and there was a huge wave of criticism about the face. And the face was a scan. It took us almost half a year to find the proper face model for us. It was Klaudia Wróbel, a Polish model, and she was initially scanned for the Platige [Image - CGI company] movie - the movie that’s opening the game. There you can see her face; she’s scanned in there, modelled, put in the game and she’s playing Yennefer.
"We took the scanned face from the Platige Image and modelled it to work in game and… then the problems start. It didn’t match that good. We loved how Klaudia looked in pictures … but we didn’t manage to achieve the same look with our in-game model.” In the end, Yennefer was stylised - tweaked by hand for the game."

Link below

https://redd.it/46iolb

So, I was partly wrong on why they changed.

Last edited:
As far as I know, this mod is complete. But rokenz is working on the 2014 geralt face and will do the E3 version of triss and yen ;)

GregorWladacz;n9335321 said:
As far as I know, this mod is complete. But rokenz is working on the 2014 geralt face and will do the E3 version of triss and yen ;)

Yes indeed, cant show anything just yet tho. Also plan to do a yenn concept version (not just the hair).

@fryesam: I'm on vacation, so haven't had the time or intention to do anything. For the most part though Gregor is right, I feel indeed that my mod is complete in what I set out to do, and that was create 2 separate appearances for Yennefer. Before leaving, though, I had a stab at remodeling her face to look closer to the trailer. It's not super hard to do, but I left it unfinished and I don't have any problem with the main NPC faces (I only had issue with Geralt and I'm using the Butcher of Blaviken mod to remedy that), so I don't know if I will ever finish it. I have RL and another "innovative" mod project for Witcher 3 to content with anyway..

It's good news that rokenz will work on it though! What's your handle on the nexus? Phew, that alleviates the pressure off me... :p

When I finish my other mod and have free time and if there hasn't been released anything like it until then, I may consider it again...

A small addition to my Yennefer mod:

Now you can have a slightly sexier and minimalistic version of Yennefer's DLC dress.

Top Bottom