A WARNING from your friendly neighbourhood moderator.If you're planning to crusade...

+
A WARNING from your friendly neighbourhood moderator.If you're planning to crusade...

Sooooooooooooooooooo.

My beloved fellow witchers.

Recently we have seen a spate of witcher-related modding topics and dsicsussion. THIS IS GOOD.

We've also seen a spate of verbal firefights break out. Who made what. Who did what to whom.

Downgrades were mentioned. Downgrades. Again. Here. No no no no no no. Dragonbird would roll over in her aerial-non-grave. And spew fire upon us all.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Here are the FIRST TWO RULES ON THESE FORUMS:

• always treat others with kindness and respect
  • stay on topic

If you CANNOT do these two things. DO not post. DO not PM me - or my fellow Pony Lovers ( they will hate being called this) asking us why you were warned, infracted, edited or banned.

It is obvious. A few off topic posts, sure. A few mean or nasty posts, not-sure. Very not allowed.

I DO NOT CARE how unhappy you are about the (let's be frank) substandard modding toolkit for witcher 3. It sucks. Yes. We know. Move on. Do great things anyway.

I DO NOT CARE how angry you are about someone else's post or their opinions on your post or how they mod or what they mod. IF they break The Rules, REPORT THEM. Do NOT attempt to fix or punish them with your magnificent arguing or trolling skills. No.

I DO CARE that you have hopefully a good time reading these forums and posting here and playing the game of Our Beloved Polish Masters. Do that!

Just don't think that your agenda means you can break Rule One or Rule Two without consequences - or without making you, frankly, the bad guy. Even if your intentions were good.

Do it and the Ponies are coming.

Last edited:
Regarding the clause of 'treat others with kindness and respect':

I'm not sure how to say this other than that CDPR has poisoned their own water through a combination of impenetrable modding resources, nearly immediate disregard for the fans who would carry this game forward (no secret that a lively modding community makes a game close to immortal), and a total disinterest in avoiding alienating people who don't seamlessly identify with the world they chose to build

I've come out here who knows how many times trying to bump positiveness and community, but the reality is that the conditions for that positive community do not exist. You can moderate all you want, but the people who are both emotionally invested in this game's world and have the technical prowess to manipulate it are - again, by CDPR's own hand - at best mostly grumpy, and at worst viscerally antagonistic and irredeemably arrogant. They'd eat your ponies alive and use their blood to write a joke about your disabled cousin on your car just to feel powerful for a moment. The studio has provided none of the necessary resources to facilitate an even respectful, never mind kind modding community. All the curative moderating in the world won't change that.

Sardukhar You're just doing your job. I think. I dunno, I've never had your job. In any case, this bit isn't for you, it's for the oh so mysterious CDPR managerial type people who supposedly read this stuff ever.

[Sard Edit - something about whites, removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
marzipanstan Wow. I mean, your right about the modkit. Providing a good modkit would make this game nearly immortal since it has a huge fanbase which is slowly dying because of lacking content and mods.
BUT I think you are wrong concerning the modders. Some of them are really kind and friendly people who are willing to help and listen to peoples wishes. Not all are grumpy and arrogant. Maybe you had some bad experience with some modders, I don't know. One reason for modders being unpolite is, besides the lacking modkit, the unfriendly community, especially on nexus. All mods are released for free and many users take them as obvious or complain about the quality or sth else, which is mostly caused by lacking insight in the tedious modding routine. Sometimes you don't even get feedback. So I think it is an interplay between the two parties.

Kayhan2000 You are right. I, too, think it is okay to ask for some E3 stuff, eventually it is possible.

It is absolutely fine to ask for E3 stuff. Or anything! Anything not horribly bigoted, illegal or otherwise against the Rules, etc.

And I prefer to build an overall friendly CDPR Community, not just a friendly modding community. But that is a subset and it will be either polite or non-existent. Preferably friendly and polite, really.

I am doing my job and yes, I can indeed make sure that curative moderating over here means either people are nice (ish) or they aren't talking. That is, in fact, part of the Rules that everyone agreed to when they signed up.

@marzipanstan Not sure what the point of your racist/anti-racist rant was, but the rest seemed useful, so I edited out the confusing (white people this!) bit and left the rest.

Last edited:
I think the reason skacikpl asked whether the E3 topics would be banned is because they inevitably refer to the...down*** (the thing that would make Dragonbird roll over in her aerial-non-grave) because they think what was shown in the E3 is simply far superior to what they got. Again, because of the down***
My way of understanding it could be flawed of course

Some request are blind E3 hunger. I could sometimes swear if the assest were the other way around people would still want the supposedly "much better looking E3" thing just for the sake of it being in e3 and not in the final game...

KamehamehaNudel;n9284711 said:
Some request are blind E3 hunger. I could sometimes swear if the assest were the other way around people would still want the supposedly "much better looking E3" thing just for the sake of it being in e3 and not in the final game...

It's about first impressions. Lasting first impressions.

Last edited:
Nah, if people want to work towards some E3 standpoint, perfectly fine. If that's the art style they like, GREAT. Tally ho!

IF people start suggesting/resurrecting the whole "CDPR lied to us/betrayed us/changed shit without asking us first" thingy again, well, that just leads to me writing up a whole lot more ban reports.

Not even a threat - that's what happens every time. People get angry and start yelling at each other, referencing maimed pets, betrayed girlfriends, abused step mothers. It gets ugly! Fast.

Thus, our intolerance for certain subjects. Of which my favourite was the whole Hair Downgrade thread. Yes, it was a thing. Yes, people got really upset. Yes, we had to boot a few. Over hair. Amazing.

Anyway, E3 and attempts to return Witcher 3 to pre-release visual preferences, PERFECTLY FINE. If that's what you liked and you want to see it, go forth.

Starting up/referring to W3 Downgrade ( ah shit now I did it, have to self ban again) because you're still bitter or want to make a point or want to cause trouble - is not fine.

W3 D (didn't want to use the remaining 8 letters that make up this word in fear of getting a infraction or ban (this line was made as a joke, I am just making a laugh))? Okay, I've been off and on the Forums over the last 8 months or so (Fallout 4 phase)...would somebody care to enlighten me on what that was about (a PM is fine, I am just curious)?

As for E3 stuff, yeah, I can see where it gets too much. I'm surprised they haven't started wanting or making mods based off the released game trailers. A Night to Remember trailer, I mean, come on! That was soooo freakin' awesome and close to live action looking. Not to mention the Killing Monsters trailer, the woman looked so life like.

But that's what they were, game trailers. Game technology is not the same as game trailer technology, yet. I'm fine with people wanting E3 looks and getting what looks to be as close as it can, but to actually say that we were screwed over by CDPR for the looks? That's just plain silly.

About as silly as "The Ministry for Silly Walks"

Top Bottom