[NEXT MOD IDEA] Geralt walking animation

+
[NEXT MOD IDEA] Geralt walking animation

Hallo, Can somebody try to replace normal walking with walking downstairs, downhill without any Bugs?

Okay, please try to keep your comments constructive. Few posts deleted.

kacper1309;n9295011 said:

Could you give a bit more details about what do you mean exactly?

there's a whole bunch of animation that can replace the silly vanilla walking animation , there's the cool VGX one which simply named "Walk" (tried it myself ) , though they are all buggy and none of them can be used .

Actually there is a walking with sword animation that is close to the VGX one, It's used when Geralt is walking in shallow water, but many people have requested it already and nothing :( There are a lot of animations like that, the point is that they are hard to implement into the game without causing bugs, look at DreLL's E3 Dodge mod, it works flawless but makes characters slide around in cutsceens etc.

kacper1309;n9297511 said:
Sunsibar i was thinking about replacing normal walking animation with different animation when u're going downstairs (sry for my bad eng)

When I was walking in Beauclair I saw running postman close to the Castel. Downstairs and upstairs included. Maybe could some-one apply those animations to Geralt? I guess they're not as e3 but close and look properly for human run.

Thing with animations is that it is always buggy. Animations which work for other people won't necessarily work for geralt

larsroar41t4;n9304191 said:
i dont get it, is normal geralt animations so bad ?

Yes, they are terrible (hence why people have been looking for replacements for the last 2 years). Geralt's walking animation makes him look like he has motor function issues with his arms and his jogging animation looks plain weird. He had a much more natural posture and walking animation is the early gameplay footage. Very questionable choice for CDPR to replace it with what we now have...

Go have a look at games like Dragon Age Inquisition to see how character movement animations should be done. For all its faults, DAI has fantastic character walking and running animations, with equally good animations when moving along slopes, inclines and declines.

It is rather frustrating when you see developers like CDPR replace something that looks amazing, with something that looks rubbish.

Last edited:
I'm sure they had their reasons. The graphical stuff was... you know. Concerning the animations, there was surely sth not quite right.

Highly unlikely. The reason its not possible to make it work now is that there are only some few leftover animations which are used on npcs or somewhere els dunno. If we were able to import new animations, it would be possible, but thats not possible with the current modtools.

Top Bottom