Modding Help - Slimmer Griffin Gear and compatibility/compilation issues

+
Modding Help - Slimmer Griffin Gear and compatibility/compilation issues

Hey all,

I was going to post this in the mods forums, but evidently, I'm not allowed to, so here goes:

I've been playing the Witcher 3 for a while now with a pretty solid, working mod combination. Recently, I crafted the Griffin Armor set, and, deciding I would like it a little slimmer, downloaded the Slimmer Griffin Armor mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/439/?). Now, it loads up fine, but when I die, the game hangs when I try to load the game, and I have to close it from the task manager. I did manage to avoid this by moving it further up in my load order, so that it DOES load when I die. The problem is, the armor set is invisible, so I'm walking around with a chest-less Geralt, which, needless to say, looks quite bizarre.

I've attached my mods.settings file if anyone would care to take a look. I suppose I could just remove the Griffin Armor mod, since it's clearly the culprit of these problems, but I do like how it looks. I should note that with the currently attached file, the game will load when I die, but I have the invisible chest piece. I believe moving it past (as in adding a greater number to its LO than) the Nitpicker's patch is what makes the game hang. I should also mention that i thought Nitpicker's patch might be causing problems, so I re-downloaded the "NoArmors" version. Before that, I was using the default.

If anyone can offer me any help on this, that would be great.

Hi there!
It sounds like you've simply hit your mod limit.
When it comes to priority, Griffin should have a lower number (be higher priority) then Nitpicker's.

​​​

Ah, really? I feel like this game has a pretty low limit for mods. But okay, I will try that and see if it works and post my results. And thanks for moving this topic to Mod Discussions, Sunsibar.

Okay, so, quick update: now, after merging a few mods together, the game has to load whenever I enter dialogue with an NPC, and it has to load again to display my dialogue options. Also, one of the things I quickly noticed is that the mods that I merged don't seem to be working *quite* right. For example, the Wolf Medallion retexture that I'm using works, but it looks faded and blurry. Any help on this one? Seems like I've been just trading one thing for another on this one. :/

Afaik blurry loadings are due to limited CPU availability or something like that.
Disable all unnecesasry programs from the background

And merge should work, tho I personally never used modmerger

Also, with each update modlimit became more and more strict, for some reason

Well, typically, I don't have many programs running in the background, so I'm kind of at a loss of what to do about this. Is there any other way to increase my CPU availability for this game? It's also kind of confusing to me, since when these mods weren't merged, I didn't run into this issue at all - so I don't know how this changed my CPU availability so dramatically (not saying you're wrong, just confusing - I'm not very learned in Witcher 3 modding).

Top Bottom