Adding more ability sockets

+
Adding more ability sockets

I've been looking into adding more ability sockets in the character panel, and i have had some sucsess:

However they are non-functional, and i do not know how i would make them functional.

For anybody who is more familliar with this .redswf file (panel_character.redswf) how would I go about making these slots functional?
As far as changes in the flash file goes, i 'think' i have done all there is to do there, and im guessing i need to move onto script changes.

Any help is apreciated. :)

Last edited:
WalteriusMaximus;n9322291 said:
Why don't you just use this AllSkillsActive mod? http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/546/?

At the very least, it may help you figure out how to make a slot active.

Thanks for the suggestion!

and it worked:
I was able to find out that on the script side of things i needed to define my 2 new slots as a 'SSkillSlot' variable using the ids i gave them.

Now that i have got this working it has me quite excited for a future mod idea.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
So after a bit more work, and some cleanup, this is now a completed mod, this is just a proof of concept right now.
Download it here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2621/?

EDIT:

I've also been working on adding some more mutation abilities:

I'd like to know what sort of abilities would you (the community) like to see?
I can only come up with so many. So I'd like to hear your ideas.

EDIT: 2

This is starting to look quite nice :D

Just ingore the actuall details of that ability, i just made it up for the purpose of testing, as well as the icon, that is just a placeholder.

Last edited:
Lim3zer0;n9327161 said:
So after a bit more work, and some cleanup, this is now a completed mod, this is just a proof of concept right now.
Download it here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2621/?

EDIT:

I've also been working on adding some more mutation abilities:

I'd like to know what sort of abilities would you (the community) like to see?
I can only come up with so many. So I'd like to hear your ideas.

Really looks awesome, well done. Are you planning to allow as many slots as there are abilities? With regards to mutagens, the one I always wanted was a permanent cat like ability, without the need to drink potions. Or to at least allow that need to be reduced. I don't think I can remember Geralt in the books ever needing potions to see in the dark.

Last edited:
ummagoomba;n9328591 said:
Really looks awesome, well done. Are you planning to allow more as many slots as there are abilities? With regards to mutagens, the one I always wanted was a permanent cat like ability, without the need to drink potions. Or to at least allow that need to be reduced. I don't think I can remember Geralt in the books ever needing potions to see in the dark.

I think that when Geralt fights the Princess Striga that he does use a potion to heighten his senses, not only sight, but hearing and smell, it wasn't a 'night vision' potion per se, but definitely helped him see in the dark.

Well....
This is starting to look more or less finished :D

Just one question: Would anybody be interested in writing some custom abilities for these new mutations? The slots have been added, and therefore can be referenced in the script files, however all they lack right now is the actually ability itself.

Hmmm nice! how about an ability that makes you inmune for each enemy kill x time and increase by each new one adds to the time...almost like a combo system. The downfall is...hmmm if you get hit the mutation enters in a cooldown of X time or/and stops the combo when you use a potion. Another could be that increase the speed of geralt at certain ammount of adrenaline or hits given, but it slow you if you use a potion or get hit x ammount of times, each hit makes you slower.

Lim3zer0;n9329441 said:
I think that when Geralt fights the Princess Striga that he does use a potion to heighten his senses, not only sight, but hearing and smell, it wasn't a 'night vision' potion per se, but definitely helped him see in the dark.

Yeah he definitely had a potion in this short story. However, the novels never used any from what I can remember. I can't remember any other short story where he did either. In fact, I remember one with the Bruxa and the beast in the old deserted mansion - Think it was called, A Grain of Truth. Geralt was able to see in the dark without any potions due to his mutations, the beast he was talking to also commented on it.

The mod is looking great btw.

Last edited:
Lim3zer0;n9334051 said:
This is still early stage, but i have also been working on this:

Whenever this is finished the panel will have 18 Slots for 6 groups, 4 additional mutations, and 4 extra blood and wine slots.

Looks great! I'd definitely use this if and when you release it! :)

WalteriusMaximus;n9346651 said:
Looks great! I'd definitely use this if and when you release it! :)

Well... tbh this is proving itself to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible. At the moment I'm basically lost on what to do.

To everyone, i would really appreciate help with this.
Here is a download link to the current build I'm working on, as well as a txt file with a lot of information.
This is not a finished mod, just how it is so far

Things that need to be done:
1) Re-position the bonus texts and mutation name/description
2) Add two new bonus texts.
3) Get the two new mutagen slots to work.
4) Create the abilities for the new mutations.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8k4d1dl5c82034v/SlotsProject.zip

The biggest things I'm struggling to get working are the two new mutagen slots.
I can drop a mutagen in the slot and it will not render, however it is there as it has an effect on your stats.

There are a few debugging commands i wrote.

displaymutagenslots()
displayskillslots()
displaymutationtype()

Using these commands i can also see that a mutagen has filled the new slot even if it won't render.

(this will only make sense if you have read the files inside)
The values assigned to EES_SkillMutagen1 through to ESS_SkillMutagen4 is defined in the enum 'EEquipmentSlots' and they are:

EES_SkillMutagen1 = 22
EES_SkillMutagen2 = 23
EES_SkillMutagen3 = 24
EES_SkillMutagen4 = 26

adding 2 more mutagen slots forces me to use the values of 32 and 33 for these new slots.

I don't think this is the problem directly because within panel_character.gfx these functions:

__setProp_lz_gr5_mutagen_mc_slotContainer_2_mutage nslots_0()
__setProp_lz_gr6_mutagen_mc_slotContainer_2_mutage nslots_0()

accept a slotType which for the existing vanilla mutagens are 22, 23, 24, 25. Which are their value in EEquipmentSlots
So for the new mutagen slots i use 32 and 33.

One more thing I've noticed is that the 5th mutagen slot is locked in the blood and wine panel, without a mutation equipped. Which is very strange because i don't see how that slot could have any overlap with the mutation panel from baw.

Again i would really appreciate help with this, if you could go through the files, make your own changes and test it out for yourself that would be great! :)
Thank you.

Top Bottom