Modding ENV and CSV files tutorial :)

+

Guest 3841499

jack91;n9895071 said:
Ok Get my modlink end you can use it.

Then, for explain this:

You still can change values but those settings are not reflected visually until all of the blended envs are deactivated (and then it's the default env again). The mod provides a console command for this:

envui_disable_envs()

This command remove All Over Defaut env(s) parameters

after remove it

then type in console qwe

Now you ave just one env file loaded

Now you can use EnvironementUI for change parameters

Edit env All Env files in order 1-All Over Defaut env(s) parameters,2- in last Defaut env

So, the top ENV is the default one and that's the one that's being edited, correct? What about the bottom one?

This is finally becoming sooo helpful! Thank you for taking your time to explain this!

Guest 3841499

There's White Orchard Lighting Everywhere mod I am looking at, but it uses w2w level files for some reason. Is it possible to make "dashdot_env_nvg_global_23_07_2013_copy.env Lighting Everywhere" mod using similar methods?

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Just tried doing it that way - awful result...dashdot_env_nvg_global_23_07_2013_copy.env does not look good without other ENV merged/blended.

try this open env_novigrad_sunset.env, rename envParams by envParamsOLD, then copy envParams from your file in env_novigrad_sunset.env , save and cook your mod
In game edit with environment UI , at novigrad

Just wondering if anyone has a pack of save files for env editing (covers most of the envs)? It would be very helpful if one could share with me. Thanks.

jack91 how is that suppose to help? There are no save files in the game files. if i understand correctly he's aksing for save files which are on locations where a specific env is used.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear about my intention. I want to have the save files so I can load the game and make sure that the envs looks ok to me, I am using the realtime environmental parameters ui. I cannot just edit the envs without checking them in game. Since I want to edit most of the envs consistently, it would help me a lot if I have access to those save files. Otherwise I will have to open a new game and play it again, that sounds like at least 50 hrs to me and not really fun... If someone happens to have those save files and glad to share them I would be very thankful, if not, thanks anyway. Merry Christmas!

Or you could get some of them end game saves from nexus and fast travel a bit? shouldn’t take too long. (nothing against having those save files , just an idea...)

I am more concerned about the envs for specific locations and quest related envs which cannot be acessed easily without save files. Major areas and general weather related envs I don't need them.

If it is for the control of the weather, it is necessary to delete the contents of the files CSV. Folder Cooked\engine\environments
if you don't ave it create it with Excel empty files. rename for examlpe weather_prolog.csv, put in your mod.

But if you want for the game not loding multiple env files, overlay the env codes of the desired file on the base file and make envui_disable_envs

fast-travel-via-console

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

What is so special about the "dash dot 2013 novigrad" ENV file? Some say it's the cut-scene lighting, but then why is there a specific global cut-scene env file and then similar one for Kaer Morhen?

I know forcing that file to be loaded at all times seems to improve lighting and removes the change/transition from gameplay light to cut-scene light, unless of course that cut scene triggers light source brightness change or color change, something I also can't figure out, even w2w level files.

Some parameters also strangely affect the environment. For example, Atmospheric Nights darkness upon us causes torch lights to be overly bright. Turning Bloom off in settings mostly resolves that, but another way is to disable globalFog in darkness upon us ENV file.

I wish EnvUI mod could do more than adjust the lua or the scalar values. Others play a role too.

Guest 3841499

How would someone go about creating a script that simply force-loads an ENV file to be loaded with all others? I already have one, but aside from loading that ENV file, it also disables artificial light. I need to simply load one, not disable artificial light, which I have done via other methods. Here's the link to that file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SwkMo152K7OHqPTGcC5P6QDMzWNGGerZ/view?usp=sharing

Within the file, look for "player light" - (4 entries, for 2 simple additions). Which parts can I remove to prevent the additional function of disabling artificial light?

Guest 3841499

What would be the best way to turn water in Novigrad filthy brown, like sewer water? It would be a filthy dirty city and due to lack of trash cans people would definitely throw garbage in the water. Adjust ENV files or water FX files or water mesh files or texture files? All 4 file types?

Men you can do it via ENV just tweek water color to your teste, but make shure fresnel is not to high like in stlm, it will kill color in neer all angles.

Guest 3841499

BTW, has anyone been able to resolve Toussaint disabled sharpening bug without resorting to scripts?

Top Bottom