Mod Hairbounce?

+
Mod Hairbounce?

The hair physics on Geralt's hair seems to only work on vanilla 30fps and not 60fps (his hair is almost static). Is there any mod that adds the hair bounce when you have the framerate set to 60fps? I really don't want to set the fps to 30 just to have his hair bounce.

I'm not getting this problem at all (GTX1080ti). It may be a problem with AMD graphics cards, considering that the game uses Nvidia HairWorks.

You'd be better off posting this problem in Tech Support instead of Modding.

I think this isn’t a problem, it’s how most physics things work in games.

try STLMs hairbang it might be better.

Dubya75;n9558071 said:
I'm not getting this problem at all (GTX1080ti). It may be a problem with AMD graphics cards, considering that the game uses Nvidia HairWorks.

You'd be better off posting this problem in Tech Support instead of Modding.

TheArcaneEagle i think he mean a not-hairworks hair.

Yup, I have a GTX 1060. The hair physics is worse (almost non-existent) when using the non-hairworks hair at 60fps. Which is weird because it works when you switch to 30fps (and also works on consoles).

dvirzigel1 Is that included in the STLM mod (ver.3.1.2)? Because I still don't get the hair phyiscs with that installed.

Dubya75 I'm using a GTX 1060, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with what type of card I'm using. Out of curiosity, what framerate do you play at?

Well, well, I stand corrected! Just had a good look at this and although Geralt's hair does not become entirely static as was stated (non-HW), 60 FPS does indeed cause less movement of the hair.
This correlates to what a moderator on the tech support forum explained a time ago about the RED Engine and it's physics being coded to work correctly at 30 FPS. Not 60 FPS or 120 FPS, but 30.
So since this is an engine thing, I very much doubt any level of modding wizardry is going to change it.

It actually looks a lot better at 60 if you ask me. Hair does not bounce around that stupidly exaggerated.

Last edited:
I tried what you guys said in 30,60 and unlimited and you were right. Geralt's hair is moving like with the wind at 30fps but it's static at 60 and unlimited. Now I want a mod about it too :look:

I think I've tried the hairbang mod and it doesn't work for non-hairworks hair @ 60fps. Still no hair physics with or without the hairbang mod.

TheArcaneEagle;n9563111 said:
I think I've tried the hairbang mod and it doesn't work for non-hairworks hair @ 60fps. Still no hair physics with or without the hairbang mod.

That's weard! It works perfect for me, on the non-HW hair :(

Top Bottom