theHairnowWorks

+

Guest 2364765

theHairnowWorks

Thanks to jolly cooperation with erxv, later on we might have a tool to share with public - courtesy of traderain

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an amazing breakthrough guys, congrats on the progress and thanks for trying do make this tool for the community, we can make this came look even nicer with enhanced hairworks hairs!

Since there seems to be a lot behind the curtains, any plans to do something about the water? The tessellation needs some love tbh.

Guest 2364765

GregorWladacz;n9567941 said:
Since there seems to be a lot behind the curtains, any plans to do something about the water? The tessellation needs some love tbh.

No, water is a closed system.

junglechrist;n9567981 said:
very cool, looking forward to more information on this.

In all honesty, this is not something everyone should be looking forward to.
Even when the public importer gets finalized, asset creation pipeline is painstaking. Mostly due to wcc_exporting absolutely broken meshes, which need a tedious fixing pass in order to even begin hairworks-specific work.
Bottom line is, creating and adding custom hairworks asset is possible now, but it's not something anyone can pick up and do within few hours of his spare time. Granted, most of the time we spent with erxv was on figuring out how to actually make an asset that would actually work in game which will make lifes of other people easier by simply knowing what to do from the get-go but nevertheless it's still a long and incredibly tedious process with a lot to learn on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I remember when all this happened, like literally yesterday! Started from a question and 2 meshes! And now there will even be an importer! Great stuff!

Is there anything accessible for the water? Like the ripples or sth like this? I don't want to change the whole tessellation, but more ripples like in the demo would be very nice. Do you think this could be possible somehow?

Guest 2364765

GregorWladacz;n9570381 said:
Is there anything accessible for the water? Like the ripples or sth like this? I don't want to change the whole tessellation, but more ripples like in the demo would be very nice. Do you think this could be possible somehow?

Ripples are done in 2 ways, one is fake visual effect that's just an animated texture played over water surface and others are actual deformations in water mesh done by colliding objects that are set to collide with water, it produces way better effect but is unsuitable for objects that sink in the water since the way how it works it practically removes water surface around the object, even if it's below the surface.

So, in a future, somebody could make the long and loose haircut look half decent instead of the wig that we have on vanilla. Killing monsters haircut hairworks version maybe? Impressive job people,

Guest 2364765

JUANMAS7ER;n9570421 said:
So, in a future, somebody could make the long and loose haircut look half decent instead of the wig that we have on vanilla. Killing monsters haircut hairworks version maybe? Impressive job people,

You can make any hairworks you want.
If you have the skills, that is.

skacikpl;n9570401 said:
Ripples are done in 2 ways, one is fake visual effect that's just an animated texture played over water surface and others are actual deformations in water mesh done by colliding objects that are set to collide with water, it produces way better effect but is unsuitable for objects that sink in the water since the way how it works it practically removes water surface around the object, even if it's below the surface.

Is anything of this accessible to tweak? I mean, if it is just a animated texture, it should be, shouldn't it? I think the collision is seen when bodies hit the water? Anyway, thanks for the insight :)

Top Bottom