theHairnowWorks

+

Guest 2364765

GregorWladacz;n9571751 said:
Is anything of this accessible to tweak? I mean, if it is just a animated texture, it should be, shouldn't it? I think the collision is seen when bodies hit the water? Anyway, thanks for the insight :)

Nothing in regards of scale or severity of water interaction, you can just have an object have water collider which will make it cause actual 3d ripples and that's that.

Ok, so there is no chance to get the awesome water-ripple-effect from the demo back. Very sad...
Anyways, where is the animated texture stored?
Edit: Or do you mean the normal maps for the waves?

Last edited:
Does this add more physics to the hair? If yes, is there a showcase video? I want bowlcut hair to be more dynamic cos it's hilarious.

e-ahmet;n9581471 said:
Does this add more physics to the hair? If yes, is there a showcase video? I want bowlcut hair to be more dynamic cos it's hilarious.

There was a showcase video, but the post got removed cause it had an "insult" in its title.
I don't want to write down that word in case my post gets deleted for the same reason... >.>

Guest 2364765

e-ahmet;n9581471 said:
Does this add more physics to the hair?
Do a research about what Hairworks is, it's basically bunch of physically simulated hair with fake hair following the "real ones" and as such, yes it's way more "physical" than polygonal hair with a bit of pre-defined dangly bits.

I think I know what Hairworks is. I have it turned on but I don't think it's working to the amount I want. To me it still looks a bit stiff, especially in shorter hair styles.

Guest 2364765

Hairworks is 90% parameter driven, from having base guide comb (shape of main hairs that all fake hairs will inherit from) you can get VASTLY different results depending on parameter setup, which include (but are not limited to) stiffness, waviness, clumping, and such.

High stiffness will make hair behave much like polygonal hair, with very little deformation based on gravity or wind, it's also split in parameters like root stiffness, tip stiffness or overall and bending stifness.
You can really go to town with each parameter. Which is mainly the reason i guess why CDPR only really opted for making hairworks for Geralt.

Making HW for animals is easy, use low LOD mesh as growth mesh, mask out some areas where you don't want fur to grow from, adjust length (or just use attenuate function) and then give it minimal stiffness, waviness or clumping and it's pretty much done. But for humans it's incredibly tedious process, from making guides that would relatively resemble a human hair style to assigning params to make it look good without going overboard.

skacikpl;n9594501 said:
Hairworks is 90% parameter driven, from having base guide comb (shape of main hairs that all fake hairs will inherit from) you can get VASTLY different results depending on parameter setup, which include (but are not limited to) stiffness, waviness, clumping, and such.

High stiffness will make hair behave much like polygonal hair, with very little deformation based on gravity or wind, it's also split in parameters like root stiffness, tip stiffness or overall and bending stifness.
You can really go to town with each parameter. Which is mainly the reason i guess why CDPR only really opted for making hairworks for Geralt.

Making HW for animals is easy, use low LOD mesh as growth mesh, mask out some areas where you don't want fur to grow from, adjust length (or just use attenuate function) and then give it minimal stiffness, waviness or clumping and it's pretty much done. But for humans it's incredibly tedious process, from making guides that would relatively resemble a human hair style to assigning params to make it look good without going overboard.

Nice lesson :) It sounds like it can be ultrarealistic if someone will give huge amount of time for it. For my personal taste though, non-HW hair behave much better in vanilla game :p Especially Geralt's hair.

Guest 2364765

Pr0eliator;n10069741 said:
skacikpl Hi, are you still working on that project, you are finishing it, etc? I would like so much to see Roach tail in Hairworked version :)

I did my part, you might want to poke traderain and company to put importer on priority list.

Guest 2364765

Well, i can't promise anything. There's a limited amount of people working on the project, they all have their interests and priorities.

On top of that comes personal life which i imagine is more or less pressing for most of the guys working on this.

Top Bottom