Wiedzmin Lighting Mod 9.0

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The nights on the last version are great, since you are not working on the mod for a time..you should at least share your knowledge (it's up to you obviously) on how to achieve this changes like the mention before in a guide.

Mishikedman;n9858461 said:
At least?

Hi Mishi! How we can help you? Because you the most important part of wlm modding team...Well i have gtx 970 but i dont know how transport it to you..Our post is wery theify bastards...

Guest 3841499

I really like it so far! environment\definitions\env_skellige\env_skellige_rain_storm_arena.env file is corrupt it seems - W3Edit results in an error. Also uploaded files were merged - was that intended? Also one of the Novigrad files, I think, had 2 Camera Lights entries. What is the difference between Camera Lights and Dialogue Lights? I am going through files removing both as personal change, but I never figured out the difference.

Wind scale seems a tad high too, but outside of that it's the best lighting mod I've tried!

Guest 3841499

Found some bugs, well just one for now - there is some sort of flat fog in rainy weather in Velen. Its not volumetric fog, but flat, almost like a faint sprite-texture and it vanished as you cross it... I made to use the non-modded vanilla version of the mod and gave it highest priority - there were barely any conflicts...

c0ba1tum I know friend, i think rates if you are in states are more than 100, also don't worry about it, if anyone can help make it simbolical.
ImprovizoR I am glad that you like it, war is fucked up thing, and Velen should have war vibe.
MonarchX first thanks, pre marged files are for people who want to use more light with more shadows but don't know how to do this, also it is not simple marge because one file do both things and now you can enable both shadows and edit light radius and brightnes in more than 200 files, it is not simple marge, so we did it. Perfomance version i made for friend, and diference is that i turn of shadows for all candles, and there is full version for best visuals this mods are made by more light by -opengrip and more shadows- DJ_Kovrik
​​​​Storm arena works fine on my end, dialog and camera lights are enabled to only work in caves and some interiors, but i made it very subtle, and there are diference in colors from sewer green, cold cave blue and red blody cave from witch sabath green, also Kira place have white, because here place is in cave but there is magic there also that place is more magical now. About fog, that is same in Vanilla and i don't consider it bug, also i like it. You can disable it in csv file and you can tone down wind strenght... Also peeps post some screens :)

MonarchX 2d-fog is vanilla. There aren't any volumetric fx in this game, that's why it looks so flat in every instance. Even the god rays are fake. The "semi-volumetric" clouds in kaer morhen are actually 2d too. I don't think, we can change that....

GregorWladacz;n9859551 said:
MonarchX 2d-fog is vanilla. There aren't any volumetric fx in this game, that's why it looks so flat in every instance. Even the god rays are fake. The "semi-volumetric" clouds in kaer morhen are actually 2d too. I don't think, we can change that....
Yes. The biggest aspect of the graphical downgrade that happened between 2014 and release date is the removal of volumetric lighting and other volumetric effects. We wouldn't be discussing lighting so much and we wouldn't have any need for lighting mods if CDPR had kept volumetric lighting in the game.

Yes that is a big hit, but who knows what will come in future, i am not that much into the texture moding i know how to do it, but i don't know is it posibile to add more complex textures for clouds and other fx.

Is there a list with all the new weather commands?
And what has happened to E3 Swamp? The version on Nexus is for VIII not for IX. With IX only there is nearly no fog in the swamps sadly.

What are you talking about, what about E3 swamp ? And about new weather commands, i will not give it, go play the game. I don't have time to answer people on question on what this looks like this, and in truth game can't keep up with constant switching and so on. play the game and enjoy. And when you report isue do it with screenshoot...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mishikedman;n9838541 said:
Last day i did send Lars wip i did (10.11) so he can adapt his E3 swamp to it.

I´m sorry, i didn´t read this post about E3 swamp. Insulting you was not the purpose of my post, you did great work with WLM. The weather commands were thought for screenshots, but well, I have to look for them myself then. The "no Fog" bug solved itself apparently, today it works perfect.

Guest 3841499

More Light is a game changer for my personal light mod mash-up as it significantly improves vanilla lighting, making non cut scene lighting very nice in cut scenes!

More Shadows is good, but I saw shadow flickers from some light sources, like candles. Guess I could just remove the files for those to get rid of flickering.

for anyone who wants to try out new e3 swamp whit old v8, here you go: https://mega.nz/#!VCBUnC6S!k3Q1OAJVc...n4BsMaZbcazt48
i will be working on implementing it to v9.
Mishikedman huge congratulation to milos for new update IX, do not know where you get the energy from friend, great work. hope you will get pc so you can enjoy it.
to the lack of activity from me on forum and everything regarding w3 moding, is personal life work and loss of interest in w3 and moding.
still a lot of work left on new wo remake, dont know if it will be released.

here is some photos of e3 swamp ;)
https://imgur.com/gallery/MsurM

Last edited:
hi lars,

could you please check the rar file. i can't open it...

And thanks milos for you hard work. Personally i like velen in version 8 a little more but the rest is really great as usual. can i mix the old files of velen (nml) with the vers.9?

Mishikedman Congratulations to your new release. Unfortunately I don't have time to test it, but I definitely will try it soon. Btw did you disable specular map? I saw some pictures that look rather strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom