[Tool] MadModKit - UI for The Witcher 3 ModKit

+
Gibbed Red Tools is a program to uncook , cook and repack through the Command Prompt. I was just recently explained on how to use it properly. Haven't done it yet because I was hoping for something simpler. Your program is easy, but I have not been able to get anything to show up in export. The folder is empty. I have followed the steps and must have missed something.

As a test, I wanted to uncook DLC08 to get the Gwent textures, but I don't find the unccoked DLC08 folder. After the naming of my mod and putting in the location of the workspace folder in export, nothing is showing for the export tab. No unccoked folder with anything listed inside of the folder.

No Title

DontBlnkBadWolf;n9697511 said:
As a test, I wanted to uncook DLC08 to get the Gwent textures, but I don't find the unccoked DLC08 folder. After the naming of my mod and putting in the location of the workspace folder in export, nothing is showing for the export tab. No unccoked folder with anything listed inside of the folder.

True. I tried to do the same, but I do not find the unccoked DLC08 folder. I also tried to make uncook using the original modkit by CDPR. A similar result. I think the problem is not in my program.

Attachments

• photo174301.jpg
    photo174301.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 262
MadSage;n9698371 said:
True. I tried to do the same, but I do not find the unccoked DLC08 folder. I also tried to make uncook using the original modkit by CDPR. A similar result. I think the problem is not in my program.

Then what could be the problem?

Guest 3841499

I can't figure out this tool... ModKitchen was easy to figure out, W3Over was also easy, but this program cannot add directories for exporting and nothing is ever detected in "Create a mod" tab. I already have all the files uncooked, modded, ready to be burned (for texture.cache), but have no idea how...

No Title

MonarchX;n9699991 said:
this program cannot add directories for exporting

You must do uncooked or if you have already did, just set the path to the uncooked folder.

MonarchX;n9699991 said:
nothing is ever detected in "Create a mod" tab. I already have all the files uncooked, modded, ready to be burned (for texture.cache), but have no idea how

You didn't detect anything, because you didn't create a directory. To do this, you must click on "File -> Create new mod".
If you already have all the files uncooked and modded, you can try to create a mod (file -> create new mod) and move your files to Raw folder. Then save your mod (File -> Save as...). Restart application and load your mod. Then go to "Create a mod" tab, select your files and click on "Build a mod" (this method is so tricky, because my program was not ready for already edited files).

Attachments

• photo174791.png
    photo174791.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Ah... Yeah, its a great program, but many of us are not into editing other people's mods for our personal needs rather than making new mods from scratch. Your program does not package mesh buffer files into bundles, does it?

I want a tool that can do what W3 Edit + W3 Oven can do, but in one tool...

Guest 3841499

Ugh.. OK, I got further, but it expects me to open every directory and add each file individually???

MonarchX;n9701771 said:
Your program does not package mesh buffer files into bundles, does it?

When you select your files and click "Build mod", the program will package the selected files into bundles.

MonarchX;n9702221 said:
but it expects me to open every directory and add each file individually???

Yes, you must select each file which you want to build into a mod.

I'm working on improving the program. If there are any ideas for improvement, please let me know!

Guest 3841499

Combined merging of mesh buffers + texture files with metadata generation for both is THE feature to have!

Uncooked does not work for me. Please help.

ModKit Settings.png

I did everything according to the instructions and I have ModKit 1.3
ModKit Settings 2.png

try with batch file , copy this and edit path for wcc and game folder and uncoock folder then save it
example : Uncooked main.bat then execute it
Code:
cd /d C:\yourpathforwcc\bin\x64\

call wcc_lite uncook -indir=C:\Program" "Files" "(x86)\GOG" "Galaxy\Games\The" "Witcher" "3" "Wild" "Hunt" "GOTY\content -outdir=C:\Uncooked -imgfmt=tga -skiperrors

Top Bottom