x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Mod] Real Lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I really enjoy it, it looks really nice. Of course the number of scenarios that need to be edited in terms of envs, quest envs, weathers etc is pretty huge, but you're of to a great start! Btw, just a curiosity, were you using the beautiful grass mod in your video?

Comment

This looks like Witcher 3 was meant to look like before the "brown-poo" filter was applied in 2015 version, which also made colors very bright and happy, opposite of Witcher 3 theme. I mean if you think about Witcher-series, I think the greatest lesson learned is that there are no black and white lines, only many shades of GREY. A lighting mod is ought to represent that very theme - gloomier, darker, more gray, fewer colors, no sharp contrast.

To the author I also suggest - get the non-lighting mods you want to fit FIRST and then make the lighting mod. For example, if you want your mod to only support Vanilla weathers, textures, graphics, then go ahead and use Vanilla game to make the lighting mod. However, if you want to make your mod fully compatible with some of the most popular mods, such as HD Project Reworked, Weathers Enhanced, Improved Particle Systems, Better FX, Increased Draw Distance, etc., then I think you should get those mods installed first and then work on your lighting mod. Doing it the other way around may result in more editing, changing, etc. Getting other graphics mods first may also make you realize that something can't be done with those mods or with lighting itself and maybe other mods, such as Realistic Contrast textures pack, may fit your mod better.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm back early . I needed to clarify that in my video I was using 4k clouds and Beautiful Grass both by Boostin. Currently this mod is sort of being built around Beautiful Grass but I'll also make a second version with adjusted grass for those of you who don't wish to play with Beautiful Grass. Can anyone post screenshots of what their game looks like with Real Lighting? P.S. It has vanilla clouds as of right now because I'm not sure how to import better ones just yet. I'm trying to get help with that currently.

Comment

That's how the game looks like
          https://imgur.com/S23gwG9
          https://imgur.com/Oxhz9po
          https://imgur.com/3QLDRiW

Comment

You know, that you can upload all images in one post?

Comment

Originally posted by GregorWladacz View Post
              You know, that you can upload all images in one post?
              Yeah.

Comment

Comment

Whenever you are showing off your work, would it be possible to show side by side of the exact same shot? You cant truly see the changes you are making without being able to do a side by side with vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by MajimeAki View Post
                    It has vanilla clouds as of right now because I'm not sure how to import better ones just yet. I'm trying to get help with that currently.
                    I wouldn't worry about the clouds right now. The important thing is to create beautiful lighting without bugs. Clouds can wait IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ImprovizoR View Post
                      I wouldn't worry about the clouds right now. The important thing is to create beautiful lighting without bugs. Clouds can wait IMO.
                      already got the clouds in so lol

Comment

Originally posted by ImprovizoR View Post

I don't think its possible to create a lighting mod without bugs because vanilla lighting has bugs and some probably cannot be resolved. For example, vanilla Novigrad sewer entrance lighting is very strange and keeps flip-flopping as you move along the sewers (entrance-only though).

Comment

Fixed in wlm 9.0

Comment

Mishikedman WLM ftw ^^

Comment

Working...
                            X