[Mod] Real Lighting

+
Nights looks rather bright. But oh well, can use darker nights or atmospheric nights
Looking good otherwise

MajimeAki;n9671541 said:
Hey everyone, this is my new lighting mod. It's aim is to provide a not-too-fantasy but rather realistic world of The Witcher 3. This mod was built from vanilla so it will be a journey, and it WILL have bugs. It currently only covers Velen and I'm working a bit on Novigrad. I am totally open to suggestions from the community. The current to do list for Velen is as follows: -fix bush color -fix night sky color -fix nighttime lightsources(too dim) -lighten shadows -clear up the ground level fog -lighten the front fog to make it appear as if it reacted to the sunlight

Everyone let me know what you want to see, I may release what I've done if anyone wants to bug seek or play around with it. Cheers

I really like what you try to achieve here, but some changes i don't like. First is removal of the fog which uncovers those bad distance LODs, and distance trees are too dark also because of lack of the fog. All open world games use distance fog for a reason.
Your grass is too bright, especially mid day.
And i have noticed that many people make drastic changes to achieve this colder effect. Don't overdo it because many textures don't like it.

Ancient76;n10346202 said:
I really like what you try to achieve here, but some changes i don't like. First is removal of the fog which uncovers those bad distance LODs, and distance trees are too dark also because of lack of the fog. All open world games use distance fog for a reason.
Your grass is too bright, especially mid day.
And i have noticed that many people make drastic changes to achieve this colder effect. Don't overdo it because many textures don't like it.

some fog has been added back to cover the bad lods and the video you described with the bright grass is extremely outdated lol. mod almost looks nothing like that now

MajimeAki;n10347552 said:
some fog has been added back to cover the bad lods and the video you described with the bright grass is extremely outdated lol. mod almost looks nothing like that now

No no, i have tried your mod today, so i describe this 1.1 version.

This may be something wierd happening on my side, but with the current version of this mod i get pretty bad framerate, like for example normally when you look up at the sky in video games your framerate goes up cause its not rendering a lot of things, but it gets lower, same with looking at the ground, and in Novigrad City my fps is very low sitting under 60fps with a GTX 1080, this also happens with STLM, but not with previous Real Lighting mod and other lighting mods like WLM etc. Dunno if anyone can help me but yeah I really wanna use your mod, especially when the next update comes out

sjazzdk;n10349672 said:
This may be something wierd happening on my side, but with the current version of this mod i get pretty bad framerate, like for example normally when you look up at the sky in video games your framerate goes up cause its not rendering a lot of things, but it gets lower, same with looking at the ground, and in Novigrad City my fps is very low sitting under 60fps with a GTX 1080, this also happens with STLM, but not with previous Real Lighting mod and other lighting mods like WLM etc. Dunno if anyone can help me but yeah I really wanna use your mod, especially when the next update comes out

im not sure man :/ im running on a single 980 and never dip below 60 even with extra foliage settings. it might be some other mods you're using

KamehamehaNudel;n10348282 said:
but you should make them based off screenshots from the current wip version, not an old version, where the feedback doesnt fit the current situation.

?

As i explained already i talk about current 1.1 version which i tried.

Ancient76 But it is irrelevant, since he is making an (almost) complete new version of the mod. Just pretend, like 1.1 doesn't exist and base your critique on the new screenshots, because even the mod author said, that it doesn't look that way anymore :)

GregorWladacz;n10351192 said:
Ancient76 But it is irrelevant, since he is making an (almost) complete new version of the mod. Just pretend, like 1.1 doesn't exist and base your critique on the new screenshots, because even the mod author said, that it doesn't look that way anymore :)

No it's not irrelevant. One thing i have noticed with all modders and W3 lighting mods is that they make same mistakes.
I don't use any of these lighting mods so far, hence my suggestions.

Also i have a lot of experience with many engines, so i know what can be done. Of course i keep in mind the fact that tools for W3 are limited.

Top Bottom