[MOD RELEASE] Witcher 1 Prologue "Remastered"

+
legtom;n9888981 said:
THX for great mod. it's any change to put fistfight with Eskel to u modification?

i actually did have a working fistfight minigame set up with eskel, but it didnt fit the tone, so i disabled it.. and im sure everyone agrees on how important tone is! ;)

Great mod, it is surprising how much could be achieved without official tools for quest modding. Perhaps someday even a full remake of the game becomes a possibility, whether it is by the community or by CDPR. :)

erxv thanks a lot for your great efforts. its such a quality, masterpiece work.
i always like & appreciate your works like this and random encounters...etc. keep it up man.

sure, but you need to match all the flow conditions or stuff might break ( stuff like adding facts, etc...)

Guest 3841499

If I have not stated this already, then such epic success of this mod deserves my permission for you to Port the rest of TW1 and TW2 onto TW3 engine :).

Mishikedman;n10137802 said:
How old are you MonarchX ?

Thaaaaaat's a pretty inappropriate question. You wouldn't ask him what race he was or what religious affiliation he has, would you? Because it's a real trouble zone.

If you think his statements are especially mature, you might say that. If you think they are especially immature, avoid responding. Same rules as other forum communication. Don't Make Things Worse.

Asking someone personal questions on a public forum is generally a no-go area. Please don't do it.

Guest 3841499

FYI, I was being sarcastic about the whole permission thing... I was hoping it would be obvious!

It was quite obvious, don’t worry :)
but you do know that what you’re asking is impossible, right?

Not that I am saying it is going to happen, since it would require an enormous amount of work, but not too long ago it would also have been thought to be impossible to make this mod. :) Given enough time and motivation, the community could eventually reverse engineer the file formats of Witcher 3, and designing new maps could become possible, even if only in some cumbersome and limited way (like using the Witcher 2 REDkit to edit parts of the map, and converting and merging the output with fan made tools). Again, it is rather unlikely, but not outright impossible, at least not in theory.

Guest 3841499

rfuzzo;n10140732 said:
It was quite obvious, don’t worry :)
but you do know that what you’re asking is impossible, right?

It just needs a team and an incentive, one that pays well :) (NOT soliciting anything!).

erxv;n9824801 said:
So i created The Witcher 1 prologue in Witcher 3 because... i thought it would be fun (and it was).

Here's an obligatory "trailer".

[video=youtube;uHLywGL-jrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLywGL-jrM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

(in my defense, it was 5 AM when i made it)

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2767?

Hope You guys like it... It took a bloody long time to make...

Its completely playable btw, not just a video...

ALSO!!!
added the raw scene files to nexus so you can check out how some of the stuff was done!

Words can't describe what an amazing job you have done recreating the whole thing. How did I miss this! I have been wishing for something like this since the release of Witcher 2. Wish you could make the rest of the first game.. Guess it is impossible since maps needed to do that just isn't there and it is not even possible to recreate them without the proper level editing tools.. Just sad.

Benzenzimmern;n9831551 said:
Hey, I just checked it out and have to say I was very positively surprised. This is really super impressive, great work! :)

It is great isn't it? It would have been so much better and whole a lot easier (not to mention a possibility of remaking the rest of the game) if the proper modding tools were released like they were promised, but I guess I should stop saying stuff before I get in trouble. Me complaining about it wont change a thing anyway.

Oh, I know this has nothing to do with you, but you are the closest thing to a CDPR official I can get. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
thewarsend;n10175992 said:
Words can't describe what an amazing job you have done recreating the whole thing. How did I miss this! I have been wishing for something like this since the release of Witcher 2. Wish you could make the rest of the first game.. Guess it is impossible since maps needed to do that just isn't there and it is not even possible to recreate them without the proper level editing tools.. Just sad.

It is great isn't it? It would have been so much better and whole a lot easier (not to mention a possibility of remaking the rest of the game) if the proper modding tools were released like they were promised, but I guess I should stop saying stuff before I get in trouble. Me complaining about it wont change a thing anyway.

Oh, I know this has nothing to do with you, but you are the closest thing to a CDPR official I can get. Sorry about that.

Can't argue with that, though... TW1 was the beginning of it all, it'd really deserve a proper makeover.

Anyways, great mod! Really shows what could be done with the old material!

Top Bottom