DLC mod-limit and merging - does it work?

+

Guest 3841499

DLC mod-limit and merging - does it work?

Its been established that just like there's a mod limit, there's also a DLC limit and I think it was... 24 DLC's allowed, but need to subtract 16 Free DLC's and 2 DLC expansions, which leaves space for 6 custom DLC's. Is that so? I merged all of my DLC's, but is that enough? Merging mods makes the game think its all just one big mod, BUT DLC's come with their own reddlc info files and are detected separately, even if merged. The question is - is DLC limit detected by the number of reddlc files OR the number of blob.bundle/texture.cache files?

For me, there is only one limit. You can have 24/25 custom blob.bundle (mod + dlc). Its 24/25 + all official DLC. And merging dlc works for the few I tried.

Guest 3841499

So it's 24/25 on top of existing 18 DLC's then?

Guest 3841499

BEFORE YOU DO THIS - go to "UserName\AppData\Roaming" directory and copy "W3ModMerger "folder and/or the file within it. If you don't - Mod Merger will reset your Mod order and you will have to re-organize all your mods again... I would hate to do that with my 92 mods...

Rename "Mods" folder to "Mod", rename "DLC" folder to "Mods", make sure all DLC's use the same directory - "XXXDLC\content" and NOT "XXXDLC\content\bundles". Either one is correct, but Mod Merger will only detect bundles if they are in "content" directories, not in "content/bundles" directories, which some DLC's, such as Scabbards mod, use. Then rename all custom DLC's to "modXXX", open up Mod Merger, which should detect all those custom DLC's and merge! Afterwards, rename current "Mods" folder to "DLC" folder, and rename "Mod" folder to "Mods" folder.

Then, if you open up Mod Merger, you will see all your original Mods order was reset. Simply restore that saved "W3ModMerger folder" with the file within it back into "UserName\AppData\Roaming" .

An easier way would be to just copy all the dlc mods that you want to merge into a folder called DLCmerge and then add the word mod at the beginning of every dlc mod folder. So DLCmimic is modDLCmimic, DLCcustomweathers becomes modDLCcustomweathers etc. And then point Mod merger to your new DLCmerge folder and then merge all those mods together and now delete the original separate dlc mod folders from Witcher 3/DLC and just copy in your new merged dlc mod folder.

MonarchX thanks, everything is working now! Do you change the displayName of mods from their xml files to arrange them between pages? Eg.::

mod.page 1.shields
mod.page 1.preparations

I'm asking this because you have a lot of mods and at the moment i have installed over 92 but only few have options page, about 15. Thanks!

I know this is now 3 months removed from the OP, but I have a follow up question to MonarchX. After merging the custom DLCs and renaming both folders back to how they were like you mentioned, do I need to rename the merged custom DLCs back to their original names, as in remove the "mod" before the DLCs name?

DontBlnkBadWolf
No there's no need to change the names back. They will work fine. I actually think it may be detrimental to change the names after merging since the merged file refers back to the dlc files you renamed. Changing the names back might therefore mean the merge won't work.

LukeSparow;n10604462 said:
DontBlnkBadWolf
No there's no need to change the names back. They will work fine. I actually think it may be detrimental to change the names after merging since the merged file refers back to the dlc files you renamed. Changing the names back might therefore mean the merge won't work.

Thank you. I didn't think that the names needed to revert back to DLCxxxx, but one can never be sure. Questions are always needed.

The folder names of dlc don't matter at all - its the name of the reddlc file in it that does. So you can 1. freely rename all folders and 2. the user.settings are not affected.

rfuzzo;n10645791 said:
The folder names of dlc don't matter at all - its the name of the reddlc file in it that does. So you can 1. freely rename all folders and 2. the user.settings are not affected.

Thank you, I had to ask because of looking at my user.settings, I see old DLC mods I no longer have and only 2 of the 5 are listed. Also, every time I remove sections in user or input.settings, because I no longer you the mods, they keep returning.

Guest 3841499

There are quite a few mods with unnecessary reddlc files, like E3 Quen and Brutal Blood (latest).

Guest 3841499

I was talking about a single file (with .reddlc file extension) within the DLC bundle, not the whole DLC.

Top Bottom