PC command "phase" to get to some of the places you can't normally reach

+
PC command "phase" to get to some of the places you can't normally reach

Say if you want to get to walkways on top of the high stone walls in a big city. Or to the tops of some buildings or other moderately high place that's normally inaccessible. First go to a location as high or higher than where you want to go. You'll have to climb or walk to get there.

Next point toward your desired place. Then use the phase command on the PC command line to move forward horizontally as many meters as you want. Example "phase(02)" without the quotes moves you forward 2 meters horizontally. And "phase(32)" moves you forward 32 meters. At the end of the distance moved your character drops vertically to the surface below it. And it moves you through walls or any obstacle.

Can be tricky to use but after some trial and error you can probably reach your desired city location. It could help out in the wilderness I guess like crossing a chasm or something. And of course going through locked doors anywhere in the game. I know there's a fly mode but it doesn't allow you to walk on the surface you fly to.

So there is a command like that, after all. Cool!

This information will be useful the next time Geralt gets stuck in some random hole/gap.

Oh just found out there's a command to move vertically up, the shiftz command. I haven't tried it but if it works then what I said about having to walk to a high place first isn't necessary. Anyway it's "shiftz(value)" with value being a variable in meters. An example is "shiftz(14) which should move you straight up 14 meters. And hopefully from there you can use the phase command in my first post to move horizontally. I don't know yet if shiftz allows you to pass through objects above you.

Here's a lot of commands in a Nexus website mod. It includes the phase and shiftz ones.

https://rd.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/601

Last edited:

sv3672

Forum veteran
You can also use tptopos(x, y, z) to teleport to any location, assuming you know what coordinates to enter. These can be printed at your current position with getpos. Some examples are shown in this older post. Of course, when experimenting with vertical movement, it may be a good idea to enable god mode first. :)

I played around with tptopos.
I found the locations of the Eternal Fire tower and the Bald Mountain tree down to the foot or meter or whatever.
In case you are wondering the tower is higher than the tree by 33 meters.

Code:
exec function tpc(){
    thePlayer.Teleport(theGame.GetFreeCameraPosition());
}

just create a new mod with modName/content/scripts/local/whatever.ws and copy this code into it, and then you can fly around with freecam, and the console command "tpc" will teleport you to the position of the freecam...

sv3672;n9925441 said:
You can also use tptopos(x, y, z) to teleport to any location, assuming you know what coordinates to enter. These can be printed at your current position with getpos. Some examples are shown in this older post. Of course, when experimenting with vertical movement, it may be a good idea to enable god mode first. :)
Finally tried it and it works fine. And thank you. Made it to the top of the highest structure in Novigrad, the tall tower in the temple area. And I could roam about on the rooftop.

erxv;n9947221 said:
Code:
exec function tpc(){
}

just create a new mod with modName/content/scripts/local/whatever.ws and copy this code into it, and then you can fly around with freecam, and the console command "tpc" will teleport you to the position of the freecam...
I installed this mod and the teleport works. Can it be modified to be able to view from the character? Currently after teleporting the view is from one point and the character can be seen moving around separately from the viewpoint, which is probably how it's intended to be.

erxv;n9947221 said:
Code:
exec function tpc(){
}

I really want to do this free cam teleport on PC.
But I have no idea how to create a mod. Is there a direction how to learn it, or is there already a mod I can use (but I'm not very good in english...). Would be great if you help me :)
I have the mod for console and console extentions and can use the flycam, but that's all.

Last edited:
just create a freeCamTeleport.ws file in Witcher 3 Directory\Mods\modFreeCameraTeleport\content\scripts\local\freeCamTeleport.ws (obviously create the folders aswell)

you can right click and create a text file and then just change the extension "txt" to "ws" add those lines into the text file with notepad or whatever text editor and its done...

erxv;n10301622 said:
just create a freeCamTeleport.ws file in Witcher 3 Directory\Mods\modFreeCameraTeleport\content\scripts\local\freeCamTeleport.ws (obviously create the folders aswell)

you can right click and create a text file and then just change the extension "txt" to "ws" add those lines into the text file with notepad or whatever text editor and its done...

It worked :)
Thank you so much. Finaly I can get the Hen Gaidth Armor without visiting the Unseen elder one :)

Top Bottom