What disappointed you about this game?

+
so I understand why you would want to hop in for their "rescue".

I don't want rescue no one, I said in polish subforum what I don't like in game, and don't see any reasons why should repeat it for all my posts on different threads. CDPRED said they don't have plans to make EE, after asking about it, I dont see reasons to do it in different threads especially in such an intrusive way, it's don't change nothing, but results of it is only spam how much someone of users are disapointed, and they don't buy new games, cause CDPRED "betrayed their fans"...

However, remember that CDPR put DRM for Witcher 2, I personally did not see it, but from what I heard this very community did a severe backlash on them for doing that move and lo and behold, they removed it and kept the game DRM-free, being "friendly" does not work, you have to suck up your admiration for the company and criticize in the hope that maybe, just maybe, one of their analysts might even consider mentioning this incident as a bullet-point in a meeting, because that is what works apparently.

And as I said I don't have nothing to this, but read this thread, many people wrote what they don't like in game on one or two posts, now in topic are only few "disapointed", who wrote one post again and again, especially on few last pages... We all probably know that they are disapointed, ant it's pointles to wrote next 10 where the same people say nothing more than "I am disapointed, and don't buy"

You are happy with the game in its current state? Fine. But do not act like it is perfect in its current state

I never said that, I said that repeating how much "we are disapointed, and betrayed", repeating for 6 or even 8 the same people it's just pointless. For last 6 or more pages most of posts are wrote by the same people, how many more?

most likely the EE would have happened which I doubt any of the newcomers would say no to.

Maybe it's a method, but not when only 8 people speak moustly in this thread, and think they change something. artificial crowd =/= more people.

It is too late since they have already moved on to Gwent and Cyberpunk, I understand, but they have to know, unless you are fine with CDPR popping out lesser quality products in the future.

As I said, many of this problems are just subiective, but I understand someone is disapointed, but it's change nothinng if in this thread wrote mostly 8 the same people, and they wrote the same posts (especially with this argument "i don't buy"), that they are disapointed.

Last edited:
Of course you culdn't, just muve alone and accept that they don't change nothing, even if you write more posts how you are disapointed.

And it's give you permission to spam in this thread how you all are disapointed? Ok. wrote one, two posts about that, but for last pages I see only probably 6 people who wrote similar posts, again and AGAIN... All know how much you are disapointed.

I love this argument... I said I accept that, but in this thread you say it many times, it's just no sense to do this. CDPRED say they don't make EE, you say it's bad, and you are disapointed, ok. but how many times you wrote this again? It's just spam, nothing more, or less, most people say something and move alone, five or six of you repeat, and repeat and repeat, and repeat... it's not funny more, and just childish...

While it respect the rules. I will do what I want. If you don't like what I post, all you have to do is don't read it. Following your lessons, saying again and again that you love the game it's also spam. I don't like it but for that reason I don't go to those threads and said "please, stop licking asses". I respect the right of everyone to expres their opinions even if they repeat continuosly

---------- Updated at 01:26 PM ----------

While you do have a point, remember that this specific behaviour made them do the waifu patch in the first place, it was awful and half-assed but they did it anyway, and please do not say it was more than 10 users saying it, go read those threads and you will see that it was mainly 8 users repeating the same posts over and over again for thousands of pages and it worked.

I get it, you only see children shouting out of anger which is hilarious, however, CDPR are not our "friends", we are customers, sure, they are very down to earth and cool people, hell, even Marcin Iwinski said hello to a few of forum members that visited them (and I would have been part of that group if not for a very important university semester), so I understand why you would want to hop in for their "rescue".

However, remember that CDPR put DRM for Witcher 2, I personally did not see it, but from what I heard this very community did a severe backlash on them for doing that move and lo and behold, they removed it and kept the game DRM-free, being "friendly" does not work, you have to suck up your admiration for the company and criticize in the hope that maybe, just maybe, one of their analysts might even consider mentioning this incident as a bullet-point in a meeting, because that is what works apparently.

You are happy with the game in its current state? Fine. But do not act like it is perfect in its current state and I don't think CDPR devs that put tens of thousands of hours of their lives into it think it is perfect either especially with the last act, if more in the community joined in this behaviour, most likely the EE would have happened which I doubt any of the newcomers would say no to.

It is too late since they have already moved on to Gwent and Cyberpunk, I understand, but they have to know, unless you are fine with CDPR popping out lesser quality products in the future.

Thank you

You are happy with the game in its current state? Fine. But do not act like it is perfect in its current state and I don't think CDPR devs that put tens of thousands of hours of their lives into it think it is perfect either especially with the last act, if more in the community joined in this behaviour, most likely the EE would have happened which I doubt any of the newcomers would say no to
While I agree with rest of your post, I can't agree with this one. There is no way, no matter how many people would complain, they would make EE edition. They only did that waifu patch, because it was already sitting there already done. They noticed people complaining, so decided to release it, because it was done anyway and doesn't change the game that much.
With EE they would have to put a lot of work - they would probably have to re-work whole act 3, creating pretty much a new game. Someone mentioned on the forums that the amount of content cut from Witcher 3 would be enough to make Witcher 4, but since they noticed the game would be to big with everything, they cut the game. People complain about MGS5 where barely anything is cut (really, if you played all the games in the series, you already would know what happens after the ending), here act 3 is nearly as bad as in Witcher 2 - barely anything to do and the big choices and build ups amount to absolutely nothing.

Anyway, what disappointed me about Witcher 3 is that it repeated the mistakes of 2 without taking many things from it that were done right. Witcher 3 without 1.10 felt like it was a game made by entirely diffrent team - be it only 2 potions, lack of stash, etc. The first half of the game was awesome (like in Witcher 2), while 2nd half of the game amounts to nothing other than soul crushing disappointing ending (just like Witcher 2). Ending in both is insulting.
Gameplay was okay, but man some of the choices were only there to make some choices - Redania winning is laughable and hack writing.
Heart of Stone was awesome expansion from beginning to end, but the addition of runes gave a much needed addition to the gameplay, because without it and mutations in blood and wine, the gameplay is kinda extremely basic. Those changes bring much needed change.

What also disappointed me was Blood and Wine - my God the MQ was incredibly short. B&W is long only because of sidequests, without them it's shorter than HoS (not only that, but they pulled TW2 with splitting path... goodie), and ending is as awful as in 2 and 3 MQ. It doesn't end anything and makes "last quest" and "proper closure" false advertising. Geralt trollface was too much.

TW1 while having flaws, it was overall excellent game and I'm sad it was one-off thing quality-wise. I ended Geralt adventure, so now I'm free and know I won't buy anything from CDPR again. The support for the game was horrible and with CP2077 I doubt it will change.

As for DRM thing in Witcher 2, it was cancer. 20k people was too much for day one activation and servers crashed and people unable to play the game.

(and more)

I have very bad vibe from this thread, don't get me wrong, I understand someone can be disapointed, or want game improvement, but forcing this on CDPRED is just childish... especially arguing this "If you don't (...) I don't buy", or "If you don't (...) you do this against the fans", etc.
Like my young cousin, when you don't give him something what he want- "you are stupid", "you don't like/love me", etc. seriously it's time to grow up. and accept that they don't make EE, even if you put there, more arguments such like above... and no, not because they want to spite you.

Don't buy if you don't want, and accept that many "fans" likes game as it is, even with flaws, or things you don't like (lack politic, no Iorveth and Saskia, "evil" Radovid, no choice between elves and humans, and more), and you aren't more special than them, CDPRED don't say "oh crap, our biggest fans don't like this, and this, we must throw all what we do and give what they want, cause they don't buy next game"...

We are not "forcing" we are criticizing!

And after all we are still "consumers", we have the right to be upset about something.

I mean i agree with you, saying :" If you don't do that, then i won't buy...and so on..." is childish or just not fair at least.

But again, we have the right to criticize something! I bought The Witcher 3 + All DLC's and i also bought the GOTY Edition again for my Xbox One. And i enjoyed the game...hell it is the best RPG for me!

So i think i can also say something negative. And saying that there are plot holes, missing important characters, dumb politics and so on...is a fair critic in my Opinion and it is a FACT! Many people agree on that so it isn't just criticizing because we want to rant against CDPR...No!

And after all...that's why you have a Forum i guess? To discuss, criticize and exchange different things about a game!

Last but not least...The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2 had an EE...so why no EE for The Witcher 3? I guess that's why many people are also upset. And they have the right to be!

And like @KingHochmeister correctly said, CDPR are not my friends even if they try to be "near to us fans"...but after all they are Producers, we are consumers.

What also disappointed me was Blood and Wine - my God the MQ was incredibly short. B&W is long only because of sidequests, without them it's shorter than HoS (not only that, but they pulled TW2 with splitting path... goodie), and ending is as awful as in 2 and 3 MQ. It doesn't end anything and makes "last quest" and "proper closure" false advertising. Geralt trollface was too much.

Totally agree. And getting back on topic. Another thing that dissapointed me was the absence of any non human quest (not necessary scoia'tel). I imagined that there woule have like one or two long quest helping the non humans of Novigrad and apart of two of the smallest quest I've ever seen, the only thing you can see is how redanian soldiers butchered them

---------- Updated at 02:19 PM ----------

And like @KingHochmeister correctly said, CDPR are not my friends even if they try to be "near to us fans"...but after all they are Producers, we are consumers.

Agree

While it respect the rules. I will do what I want. If you don't like what I post, all you have to do is don't read it.

Or maybe wrote "what I want", and "dont read, if you don't like"? Or maybe double standards?

Following your lessons, saying again and again that you love the game it's also spam. I don't like it but for that reason I don't go to those threads and said "please, stop licking asses"

Oh, you can fallow, if you find it :)
It so funny, that if someone didn't agree witch you = he love game and spam it... childish.

We are not "forcing" we are criticizing!

Yep, and what is something like "if no EE I don't buy"? For me it's blackmail to force EE :)

But again, we have the right to criticize something! I bought The Witcher 3 + All DLC's and i also bought the GOTY Edition again for my Xbox One. And i enjoyed the game...hell it is the best RPG for me!

And I don't say you can't, or meybe I do this, but where? I said probably 10 times now what I mean, but you ignore that, and put me semething I never said.

So i think i can also say something negative. And saying that there are plot holes, missing important characters, dumb politics and so on...is a fair critic in my Opinion and it is a FACT! Many people agree on that so it isn't just criticizing because we want to rant against CDPR...No!

Again. Please don't put to my mouth something I never said...

And after all...that's why you have a Forum i guess? To discuss, criticize and exchange different things about a game!

And again, I never denied that, and I discuss, don't I?

Last but not least...The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2 had an EE...so why no EE for The Witcher 3? I guess that's why many people are also upset. And they have the right to be!

And why must be? It's developer decision, not my, not upset people, right? I understand it's someting what disapoint someone, but how many times you can wrote it? Make IDK petition, or something, even I give you vote on yes, but next 6 pages for the same posts written by the same people... oh yep, it's criticizm :p...

nd like @KingHochmeister correctly said, CDPR are not my friends even if they try to be "near to us fans"...but after all they are Producers, we are consumers.

And show me when I said they are? Read again my posts, maybe you understand what I mean, and don't put me something I never said.
For rectification, cause probably someone don't understand me. No Im not aggainst criticism, but spaming it... for me it's bad way, to convince someone to change mind.

But on topic. My criticizm cause i never had occasion.

-Rushed act 3
-Eredin.
-Alchemy
-And Dijkstra behavior.

Last edited:
Moderator's reminder: Regardless of one's opinion of the game's shortcomings, please, try to conduct the conversation without name-calling, or personal attacks. Mature discussion works best when the participants are willing to accord each other respect, even if they disagree. Thank you.

@shasiu

I know that you didn't said some thing in these ways.
See my Post as an more Overall reply to everyone. I am sorry if you took it mostly for an personal answer, but your Post was a good base to write my post.

After all i never mentioned in my Post that you were saying these things, i just took that discussion and made my statement with a lot of arguments to that Topic.

I don't want rescue no one, I said in polish subforum what I don't like in game, and don't see any reasons why should repeat it for all my posts on different threads. CDPRED said they don't have plans to make EE, after asking about it, I dont see reasons to do it in different threads especially in such an intrusive way, it's don't change nothing, but results of it is only spam how much someone of users are disapointed, and they don't buy new games, cause CDPRED "betrayed their fans"...

To be honest, CDPR not doing an EE was the straw that broke the camel's back, they have done several bad decisions lately like promising a Redkit that wasn't delivered and kept silent about the issue (I sense licensing issues caused it) and other things that I won't go through in this thread, the decision to not make an EE was the final nail in the coffin for some people, which is understandable.

And as I said I don't have nothing to this, but read this thread, many people wrote what they don't like in game on one or two posts, now in topic are only few "disapointed", who wrote one post again and again, especially on few last pages... We all probably know that they are disapointed, ant it's pointles to wrote next 10 where the same people say nothing more than "I am disapointed, and don't buy"

While I do see your point, always remember how the waifu patch happened, CDPR reacted to it which means it works, even though I too find it to be too much.

Off-topic, but can you link the source for your avatar?

To be honest, CDPR not doing an EE was the straw that broke the camel's back, they have done several bad decisions lately like promising a Redkit that wasn't delivered and kept silent about the issue (I sense licensing issues caused it) and other things that I won't go through in this thread, the decision to not make an EE was the final nail in the coffin for some people, which is understandable.

Yep, I agree and people can be disapointed. I forget add lack of REDkit to my list fromlast post.

Off-topic, but can you link the source for your avatar?

http://afternoon63.deviantart.com/art/Cirilla-of-Cintra-371397029?q=Afternoon63/43444401&qo=76

I know that you didn't said some thing in these ways.

Ok, sorry for my misunderstand.

The worst thing of all it's that, IMHO, some of those decisions were completely intenional. Not the product of unintentional mistake

I'm replaying TW2 at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. Don't know why but I find it much more mature as a game in comparison to TW3. The politics, the enemies and the overall greyness of the moral choices we faces there is simply so much better. There is something about the light of that game that is enchanting. I also like the fact that the game is NOT open-world. I can focus on the story and enjoy A LITTLE of exploration mixed with the MAJORITY of the story.

I can't seems to play TW3 for now I'm literally fatigued by the open world element of that game that while enjoyable for the first playthrough it becomes a chore in later runs of the game.

Couple of considerations for future TW games:

1) Exploration is nice but please limit it to smaller areas the size of White Orchard being nice for me
2) LESS loot overall but more meaningful in its quality.
3) Just avoid overdoing those "?" a couple of them is just nice. No need to flood the map with those (I'm looking at you Skellige)
4) Implement a proper SAVE games import for the next games. I want my choices to matter, if they don't matter then what is the point of having choices.
5) More grey choices not outright good vs evil. More choices that influence the plot like TW2 Roche/Iorveth (those enhance the replayability)

Last edited:
I'm replaying TW2 at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. Don't know why but I find it much more mature as a game in comparison to TW3. The politics, the enemies and the overall greyness of the moral choices we faces there is simply so much better. There is something about the light of that game that is enchanting. I also like the fact that the game is NOT open-world. I can focus on the story and enjoy A LITTLE of exploration mixed with the MAJORITY of the story.

Totally agree. That's because TW2 was designed for more mature audience IMO

My friend couldn't get into the series , but then I showed him for him to see how special and unique they are among games, and he then played them both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRsqAmuxjNk

Now with TW3, all of that seems to be gone and this feels like a generic AAA game more than it feels like something unique among games.

For OP

2 problems

The Bear, Cat, Gryphon and Wolf Witcher sets were impossible to collect without using a guide. Even if you knew that vendors in the world would sell the maps, the map itself didn't show all vendors, making it impossible to simply even search one-by-one. I know in the age of the smart phone this is a minor complaint; but I thought it was a very bad choice.
I only felt further like this when doing the Wolf Armour diagram quests, it was really something to be marching about Kar Morhen, knowing thats where Geralt grew up, I'm really glad I didn't miss that, but I bet a lot of people did.
Probably why Blood and Wine tells you directly where to get search for the Grand Master diagrams so you won't miss getting them.
Wish they had just retroactively given the Master Armour in the Baron's keep all the treasure maps,
or put a damn (!) icon above vendors who sold Witcher Gear Treasure maps.

The horse.
This has probably been beaten to death with many a pun, but I really feel the horse should just have operated the same way as vehicle in Far Cry. Set waypoint, horse auto-travels to destination as you hold Shift.
My happiest use of the horse: When I would finish at one location near a road, and the next place was far away, I would hop on the horse and let it follow the road at full gallop until it came across a fast-travel-point. Best time I had with it was when I wasn't directing it.

Two relatively minor grips compared to the rest of the game. Inconsequential, actually. You can use console command to get the maps, and just Sprint everywhere methodically tapping Shift without using stamina, making the horse just a mobile travel bag.

- Lots of useless skills
- Balance issues
- XP system and how you can't use stuff because numbers.

Combat could have been better, but hardly a disappointment it was. It was ok, but nothing more.

Top Bottom