Tell Me Your Favorite Quest(s) [Spoilers]

+

• Total voters

I didn't see anywhere else that had a place to list your favorite missions. I saw one title "Best Quest in the Game" but it was asking about a specific quest in some IGN article. SO I thought I would start a thread on the topic. These are my top 20 quests, and why.

20 - Of Dairy and Darkness
– This is perhaps the weirdest quest in the game. And that is enough to get it on the list.
19 King’s Gambit – A good ole murder mystery with Royal implications.
18 - The Sunstone
– this one makes the list because I love hearing Geralt and Phillippa exchange quips. Especially the part where they discuss Geralt’s relationships with Yen, Triss and Ciri.
17 - Following the Thread – This quest reintroduces us to Lambert. It gives us a good look into his personality and provides a very interesting choice at the end.
16 - Possession - Cerys quest has an interesting back story, a cool twist at the end, and some ramifications on how the main quest line plays out.
15 - Pyres of Novigrad – This quest introduces us to Triss and the Free City of Novigrad. What’s not to like?
14 - A Tower Full of Mice – One of the quests in the Keira Metz quest line. I like the mechanic of seeing into the past to discover what happened at on Fyke Island. Also, nice twist at the end.
13 - Through Time and Space – This is a really cool experience visiting a bunch of other dimensions. I wish they had done more with Ge’el (at least a longer flashback that shows Ciri interacting with Eredin and Avallach in Tir na Lia rather than just the death of the King in the dream sequence).
12 - The Calm before the Storm – This was the first flashback sequence I really enjoyed. You got apeak into who Ciri was as a person (and even a reference to her tattoo from her time with the Rats) and then there’s a fun fight and flight scene. Plus the end of the quest results in some serious regret for Yennefer.
11 - Wandering in the Dark – This is the first quest where you are working with Kiera Metz. It has a bunch of tension and one of the first pretty decent boss fights (if you go to Velen first).
10 - The Lord of Undvik – You get to fight an Ice Giant and maybe save two of Hajlmar’s crew (sorry Vigo). Plus the whole quest has pretty awesome atmosphere with the abandoned island.
9 - The Isle of the Mists – The end of this quest is epic. You have finally found Ciri after hours of searching, only to find her cold and apparently dead. But she awakens thanks to the magical light Avallach gave to Geralt. The conversation you have with Ciri once she wakes up is awesome
8 - Carnal Sins – Nobody messes with Dandelion’s squeeze and gets away with it (except that I’m
pretty sure I didn’t catch the right guy when I played the quest the first time)! At least Pricilla could still talk at the end of the quest.
7 - The Ladies of the Woods – Your first encounter with the Crones. They really like eating
children (and make you have serious hate for Grelka (from Ciri’s wolf kind quest)’s father. Don’t eat children seems like a pretty simple rule as far as moral codes go.
- A Matter of Life and Death – Unique Gwent cards, a cool party, and drunk Triss. I am in. I ultimately choose to say farwell to Triss (didn’t feel like her staying in Novigrad was an especially safe option), but my Geralt totally snuck a kiss in here.
5 - Family Matters – This quest really pulls at the heart. Also deals with some pretty difficult topics in domestic violence and miscarriages.
4 - Blood on the BattlefieldGreat storyline quest here. Vesemir’s funeral is brutal and beautiful all at once. Then you have a number of interactions with all the persons who are present. And you have some awesome dialogue and gameplay with Ciri (depending on your choices).
3 - The Last Wish – I went with Yennefer in my first play through, and this quest was very affecting for me. Book readers will especially enjoy this quest. And at the end, I told Yennefer that even without magic, my Geralt still felt the same. It was a really nice scene.
2 - Bald Mountain – Time for vengeance. Burn off the face of the guy who killed your mentor, and kill some Crones (2 out of 3 ain’t bad). I felt pretty righteous when this quest was over. It’s also a little bitter sweet though, because nothing after this quest is as good as what came before (in my opinion)
1 - The Battle of Kaer Morhen – This was the most intense mission of the entire game for me. It felt like everything was on the line. And the end of the quest had me saying NO! out loud. Well done CDPR.

So what are your top 20 quests? Or top 10, 5 or just your favorite quest?

Scryar

Forum veteran
My top 3 are
1) Ladies of the Wood: everything was great about that quest. The writing, atmosphere, music, story, characters,conversations, voice acting, choices and a Ciri flashback including one of rare moments we see the Wild Hunt (Imlerith)
2) Battle of Kaer Morhen: Just awesome. Don't need to say more I think.
3) The Isle of Mists: Has my favorite moment with the reunion between Ciri and Geralt and my second favorite moment with them sitting at that bonfire and talking.

My list follows Scholdarr, but I think you named almost all of the best quests in the game Rawls. I will add one though:

- I really liked the Stranger in a Strange Land, which built up to the Cave of Dreams quest (tripping out, facing your fears...epic goodness)

Yeah I don't have much to add or change to the lists you guys compiled. There are a lot of really fantastic quests in this game and great moments in others.

I did particularly like the Cave of Dreams because we got to see otherwise minor characters get a bit of screen time. I'd love to have seen Geralt's fears be a little bit more personal though. Perhaps Eredin janking a young Ciri away into a portal or something. But it was still a great moment. I'm sure the Skelligers were glad to not be in Geralt's shoes after seeing his nightmare, haha.

Special mention also goes to finding a dead Birna chained to the rocks after resolving King's Gambit. I found that to be a very powerful moment because I was just randomly exploring.

That you guys can remember the quest names so easily...anyway, i can't really list them in any order.

A Tower Full of Mice
Really surprising, i didn't expect that the quest will be rather deep. I thought, yeah, there is tower, i get there, kill something, get something and come back. But if you read the books/journals there, the quest gets really interesting as you learn what really happened there and why. Also the follow-up quest why exactly Keira wanted you to get there. Great atmosphere. In generall the quests with Keira Metz were nice, but i also have a soft heart for sorceresses ;)

The Lord of Undvik
At first i just wanted to end this quest as fast as possible, since i wasn't really interested in who is gonna be the next king, but when i arrived at that island, it felt like a ghost island. Rather quiet, everywhere blood, shipwrecks and empty houses. Again, good atmosphere.

That one quest, where Geralt has to act as an actor was awkwardly funny.

Also when you are drinking with your witcher buddies and then try to "call" another sorceress, while being dressed like Yennefer.

Through Time and Space
That was unexpected, too bad you rather rush through the worlds except for the second last, where you could also read books. The only time to get a feel for the White Frost.

Well, most quests with Ciri were nice, but more because i could finally see her and well, *looking at my avatar* i could probably list all quest to her too, but i think The Last Wish takes the cake.

In general i liked most quests, be it main or just a side quest, because the side quests never felt like ordinary side quests, but as part of the world. Many of them had probably not a huge impact on the world, it doesn't really matter, if you kill that one werewolf or not, the world will still spin, but for the locals it made a difference and i had the feeling that i actually did something for them and not just to get crowns and exp.

luc0s

Forum veteran
I voted for 'The Last Wish'.

I don't recall all the quest names, but my top 5 would be:

1) The drinking quest at Kaer Morhen with Lambert, Eskel and Geralt becoming terribly drunk.
2) The Last Wish
3) The Battle at Kaer Morhen
4) The quest where you have to kill Radovid.
5) Through Time and Space

Honorable mention:

The Isle of Mists (I loved the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves references!)

Also when you are drinking with your witcher buddies and then try to "call" another sorceress, while being dressed like Yennefer.

Yes! Thank you for reminding me about that. I think that was one of my all-time favourite quests in any RPG. It was so utterly inconsequential and yet so real and delightful. You got to do some real character interactions in a way you almost never get to do in games. I'm glad it exists and hopefully will see more such moments in future games.

5. Wandering in the Dark
4. Ladies of the Wood
3. The Last Wish
2. Battle of Kaer Morhen
1. Bald Mountain

Special mention also goes to finding a dead Birna chained to the rocks after resolving King's Gambit. I found that to be a very powerful moment because I was just randomly exploring.

I found her too. I really love when developers do things like this. It's just a tiny little detail yet it really made it feel like your actions (at least some of them, won't open up the can of worms on this one) had an impact and was actually registered in the world.

So many games would just make her disappear with the hocus pocus of narration, but yeah...it was an awesome find (though I don't envy her fate).

Yes! Thank you for reminding me about that. I think that was one of my all-time favourite quests in any RPG. It was so utterly inconsequential and yet so real and delightful. You got to do some real character interactions in a way you almost never get to do in games. I'm glad it exists and hopefully will see more such moments in future games.

I can't believe I forgot this one. I've never seen a funnier scene in a video game, it was masterful. It's amazing to think that a hilarious scene like this had so much impact on character development for Lambert and Eskel. I loved it.

Last edited:
So many great quests.... so many monsters.... so many dungeons...

... but I have to give credit to the entire novigrad questline where you try to find you companions and rescue Dandelion. The bathhouse, Dijkstra as a crime boss (brilliant move), whoreson, the play to find dudu... all of it. This is the kind of stuff that ties the universe together. It's sort of low key and so well done you kind of take it for granted, you tend to forget about it when you're fighting Imlerith on bald mountain. But without this kind of love and attention to the main characters much of the story would fall flat I think.

Then I really liked the "real" witcher contracts. Killing griffins and giants is one thing, but the really interesting contracts in my book are the higher vampires, sentient trolls and succubuses. These allow for a much more "grey story" than just killing simple monsters. I especially liked "Carnal Sins" for this very reason. Very much my kind of witcher contract. I would have liked more done with succubuses though... lol... The witcher 2 had a great succubus quest.

And wandering in the dark of course - who doesn't like exploring ancient and mysterious ruins with a sorceress?

Then of course the entire story line with Cerys becoming queen, very well done. Loved it.

Ahh... like I said. So many great quests. Could go on forever.

My top 5:

1.The Last Wish. I hate the break up line,though.Ah,well,at least in my playthrough Geralt will never say such awful words to Yen :)

2.The Battle of Kaer Morhen

3.Family Matters

4.A Towerful of Mice

5.The Ladies of the Woods

Honorable mention:The Sunstone,cause I love Philippa.

Haven't finished the game, but my favourites aren't any of the story or large quests but the small side ones involving the trolls. Trololo and the paint one was my favourite, that was hilarious and inspired along with the cobbler one where they wanted shoes followed by the treasure one in the sewers. Sorry I can't remember the names of the quests.

1. The Last Wish
2. Family Matters
3. Battle of Kaer Morhen
4. The Ladies of the Woods
5. A Towerful of Mice
Honorable mention is: No Place Like Home (the drunk quest form Kaer Morhen)

Top Bottom