Tell Me Your Favorite Quest(s) [Spoilers]

+

Tell Me Your Favorite Quest(s) [Spoilers]

• Total voters

Mizzen01

1. Now or never.
2. Lilac and Gooseberries/The Beast of White Orchard/Incident in the White Orchard
3. Count Reuven's Treasure
4. A Matter of Life and Death
5. Missing Persons
6. Pyres of Novigrad
7. Ugly Baby
8. Ladies of the Wood
9. The Battle of Kaer Morhen
10. Bald Mountain

Had to swim for Ciri in order to go up Bald Mountain. Had to swim for Tris to get her some stuff some guy trwo in the river. Had to swim for Yen in Last Wish... I dislike every swimming but loved The Last Wish ending: a boat on a mountain? Reminded me of Planescape, Spelljammer.

That Cat School quest under Novigrad was cool.

Ladies of the Wood... damn... f¨%¨%&¨crones... it was one of the few times i didn't know what to do. Saved the kids.

Loved every small quest where I could help orphans such as Empty Coop, Wolf and Cat, etc.

I'll make my list in a chronological order, however, it's almost impossible to put one over the other. When CDPR nails a questline, it's perfect. So it's hard to pick one perfect over the other.

- The entire Keira Metz questline
- The Bloody Baron/Crones questline
- Triss questline in Novigrad
- Yen questline in Skellige
- Drinking with the Witchers (short but instrumental)
- Battle of Kaer Morhen
- The Sabbath (I enjoyed a lot, with Imlerith being the best boss in the game)

Funny thing is, I can't think of a single perfect questline involving mainly Ciri

1. Ghosts of the Past
2. The Last Wish
3. Towerful of Mice
4. Ladies of the Woods
5. Carnal Sins
And honorable mention for The Sunstone quest, Philippa is awesome!

My favorite quests in no order :

Possession
Lord of Undvik
Family Matters / Ladies of the Woods

Where the wolf & cat play
Carnal sins
Wandering in the Dark .. Keira Metz whole questline :exasperation: i love Keira Metz :)
Wild at heart
Woodland spirit
King’s Gambit
Through Time and Space
Bald Mountain
Battle of KM

there's probably some others i missed .. most if not all of the quests in this game are great . ( gwent sucks though )
:smiling2:

Considering all the quests... It's tough. Top 3:

1- The Isle of Mists. Because it has the best scene in the game.
2- Carnal Sins. Because killing that guy, or I should say those guys, was immensely satisfying.
3- Family Matters. This hole quest-line was amaizing, just like Keirza Metz's questline that eventually leads to yet another great quest; The Ladies of The Wood.

I guess instead of Top 3 it ended up being a Top 5...

Family Matters definitely my number 1
The Lord of Undvik was real good stuff too, with its non-linearity
And Possession I guess, just because I liked Cerys there

Other than these quests, all other felt really disappointing as The Witcher 2's quests were in a completely different league

Alright, I just finished the main quest of Blood and Wine, and feel like I can now look back and redo my list of favorite quests. I am adding comments about the quests that were not in my original post.

Honorable mentions: Equine Phantoms, Gwent: High Stakes, Little Red, Where the Cat and Wolf Play, A Tower Outta Nowheres

20. Something Ends, Something Begins - There are three endings, all of them are fantastic epilogues. I personally like the Ciri is a Witcher ending the best.
19. Following the Thread
18. La Cage au Fou - This quest is great. The conversation with Regis, the Spotted Wight, the death match vs every underworld creature. Great.
17. Possession
16. Through Time and Space
15. A Towerful of Mice
14. A Matter of Life and Death
13. Carnal Sins
12. The Lord of Undvik
11. No Place Like Home (Base Game) - I left this out the first time because I went to bed early in my first play through. That was a mistake. Drunken Witchers are absolutely the best.
10. Beyond Hill and Dale - Best quest in B&W (so far). All the fairytale adaptations are absolutely fantastic.
9. Hunting a Witch / Wandering in the Dark
8. The Ladies of the Woods / The Whispering Hillock
7. The Isle of the Mists
6. Dead Man's Party / A Midnight Clear - This is such a fun couple of quests. It is simply the best party in the game.
5. The Last Wish
4. Return to Bald Mountain
3. Family Matters / Return to Crookback Bog
2. Scenes from a Marriage - Filled with tension, revelations and a beautiful painting world. This quest is amazing.
1. The Battle of Kaer Morhen

So that's my final list. For those interested, I changed to poll to add in "Scenes from a Marriage." It replaced "Blood on the Battlefield" which had not yet received a single vote.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

20. Prologue: Kaer Morhen (I still remember the excitement of finally starting my first TW3 playthrough so this tutorial quest will always be very dear to me)
19. In the Heart of the Wood
18. Possession
17. High Stakes (Gwent, Gwent, Gwent)
16. Black Pearl
15. Be It Ever So Humble... (a perfect farewell to Geralt, Yen and to my favorite game trilogy)
14. Wandering in the Dark
13. Where Cat and Wolf Play
12. Wild at Heart
11. No Place Like Home (The Boys Are Back In... Castle:guitar:)
10. The King is Dead – Long Live the King (Thanned banquet II)
9. Little Red (The Lesser Evil/Renfri/Tridam ultimatum scenario reenactment)
8. A Towerful of Mice
7. Whatsoever a Man Soweth (for everything Gaunter O'Dimm-related)
6. The Last Wish
5. Dead Man's Party
4. The Isle of Mists
3. La Cage au Fou (because of the elation I felt once I realized they didn't "dandelioned" my favorite book character)
2. Family Matters
1. Scenes from a Marriage

Last edited by a moderator:
After playing B&W, Family Matters is still the best.
For pure silliness and fun, "Duck,Duck, Goosed" ( very useful reward ) and "Equine Phantoms" !

* And everything Gwent related. :p

Loved:
Dead Man's Party
Family Matters
The Play's The Thing
Where the Cat and Wolf Play
The Volunteer
Shock Therapy
A Towerful of Mice
Big Game Hunter
Missing in Action
Possession

Hated:
Isle of Mists
The Last Wish
Through Time and Space

Utterly despise:
Beyond Hill and Dale

Favorite quest

What is/are your favorite quest/s in this game. It doesn't matter it can be side , main or witcher contract. I am only 22 level I still have a lot to play so I can't tell now.So far the ladies of the wood is my favorite it we really epic in my opinion.

Hard to pick one out of this amazing pool.
One of my alltime favorites is "Black Pearl" with the old man Nidas. A small quest that starts like every other, brings you to another map to fulfil it, get there, bring me that, kill some monsters yadayada... and then you get the reason why the quest was done.
You learn why Nidas made such a dangerous journey... and you learn, that it doesn't matter, cause nothing changed for Nidas and his wife. You only get 10 Crowns for the quest (cause Nidas doesn't have much more) and the deep and sad feeling, that no matter what you did, there is no happy end for this quest.

And the reason, that such a small quest can give you so much feels is the reason why I like it so much.

Bracala , posts moved.

As for my favourite. . . tough choice. . .
There are many, but I think, over all, I favour the main quest chain from Heart's of Stone, in terms of characters and activities.

Deemonef;n10628271 said:
One of my alltime favorites is "Black Pearl" with the old man Nidas.
It's indeed memorable. For those who may have missed it, here's an interview with the designer behind that particular quest.

Guest 3847602

"Scenes From a Marriage" is the one that have managed to encompass everything I want from a quest in the wither game: a poignant story, great dialogue from start to finish, some horror elements, each boss battle was unique and challenging... Bonus point for the concept and artstyle of the "painted world".
The only downside I can think of was the lack of memorable music (and those spiders, obviously).

Top Bottom