"What did you do today in the Witcher world ?"

+
"What did you do today in the Witcher world ?"

"Sword of destiny has two edges, one of them its you"

Every one of us loves The Witcher series. From my perspective its a dream come true, CD Project Red gave me the opportunity to witness my favourite book series in the actual virtual world. Because of them, i have the pleasure and opportunity to play as Geralt of Rivia, the White Wolf. The entire series as a whole is a fantastic experience, mainly because the world that we are exploring is not black and white. At every step in the game we can see shades of grey, and i really like that, because it makes the game more immersive, more real and believable. For me personaly i love this world because of the Sapkowski books. The games would never exist without the lore of the books, i want to take the opportunity and say thank you to mister Andrzej for creating such fantastic world. I hope we can witness in the near future more books of the Witcher series. I think its quite possible and realistic assumption, taking the fact that the games are so popular right now.

Every player has his own agenda of why he picked the Witcher games. We are playing The Witcher because of the political intrigues, maybe because we like to play gwent with every npc in the game and we want to have every single card. We are playing the game because of the unique and memorable characters. We love them, we hate them, but the most interesting part is how depply emotional we are connected with at least some of them. For me the most important person is Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon, the core person of Witcher books saga. At last i can interact with her, see how she grew and changed. The entire sequences of Ciri-Geralt interactions are really well done and i love every single moment of them. People play the games because of romance choices. If someone wants to brake the book lore, Triss Merigold is a viable romance pick. If someone wants to stay loyal to history of Andrzej Sapkowski world, Yennefer of Vengerberg is finally present in Witcher 3. Her character is portraited so well, i think all the Yen fans can be pleased, specialy that her personality in game is the same as in the books. Probs for CD Project Red writers.

Your choices are yours, and nobody can force you to make decisions that you dont want to make. Thats the power of computer games, we as players decide how the game goes. CD Project gave us the opportunity to role play Geralt as we want to. He is our own protagonist, and we decide if our Geralt wants to involve in politics, save Triss in Witcher 2 or help Roche/Iorweth. We decide how the bloody baron story ends, do we save Abigail from lynching, kill Berengar, help scioatel in W1 or stay neutral to the conflict. Every single decision is ours, everything depends on our interpretation and moral instincts.

Yes, there are limitations, the games are not perfect. There are issuses with big characters that are highlighted in big topics (see Yennefer topic @Kallelinski [link]; Triss topic, original @shaedhen [link], continuation @LionOfVenice [link]). The Wild Hunt, specialy Eredin needed more screen time in the game (see @Scryar topic "Eredin says 12 sentences..." [link]). Absence of Iorweth and Saskia in Witcher 3 is noticable (although it can change in future expantions), which makes the Roche path in W2 more important. I also highly recommend to read @Scholdarr.452 topic "Why the main narrative in the last third of the game is a bad hot mess" [link], which includes interesting insight on last act of Witcher 3, that also has some problems. We cant forget about in game bugs, some of them even game brakening. Some people cant even finish the game, i was lucky and in my 3 playthroughts i didnt had major problems, althought i had some difficulties with quests (for example wanted a peaceful resolution with rock trolls at Kaer Morhen, the bug didnt allowed me because they always atacked me). Lucky CD Project Red are making all the effort to repair all the bugs as fast as possible (the quest i mentioned is fixed in latest patch).

In the end, we all love Witcher series. There are so many people typing on forums, sharing their stories, commenting about their favourite characters. Thank you for that. I myself included never thought ill type my fellings about the game. The Witcher is the only game that made me do it. The purpose of this topic is to allow you to share your adventures in Witcher world. I was inspired by topics at bioware forums. Here we can type what we did and accomplished. Share your stories, make comments about your Geralt choices in the game. I think the best would be write your tales from Witcher 3, because i dont know if mods would allow to share accomplishments from previous games (it is Witcher 3 Wild Hunt subforum afterall).

I hope you had a fun time playing the game. What did you do today in the Witcher world ?

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 122
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
First of - nice thread. Right now Im on my second playtrough (DM) and Im having a blast with Alchemy build (first playthrough was combat build like in all my previous Witcher games) and Im loving alchemy because its all about Potions/ Decoctions/Oils and it really makes you feel like a witcher. Preparation is the key.

On my first playtrough I tried to stay as "canon" as possible with my Geralt, stayed loyal to Yen, etc... But this time Im going completely opposite way which means Romance with Triss and other opposite possibilities.

Im also doing and exploring EVERY question mark on the map so that I won't miss anything.

Path of Warrior sidequest and Gwent. Still waiting for NG+ to start another playtrough, same choices.

good stuff

Yup, it is important, in all this new wave of discussions and sometimes negativity, to remember that the devs created this wonderful series for us and we should be thankful we got to enjoy such wonderful experiences... that such a (relatively) small team created this wonderful saga speaks volumes as to their talent and I'm eager to see what they come up next, whether it's cyberpunk or another entry in the witcher world...

For me the entry points into this world the games themselves, namely W1 back in 2008 or so... I remember I fell in love with the game in an instant, the atmosphere was so well done and I loved the story... I recall caring about Alvin a lot and to find out he was that guy... well, it certainly was an intersting development... it wasn't without it falls though, the loading times were bad and that barguest boss at the end of Arc1...

Triss was my "romance" choice there but frankly it wasn't that big a deal in my mind back then, my crush in that game was brosigfried...such an interesting character and I loved how both him and Geralt crashed on their opinions of the world... but by the end they developed a good friendship... hopefully we'll see him again in one of the expansions...

Same with W2 actually, the friendship he develops with Roche or Iorveth are great stories... even though my "canon" is rescuing Triss, I can't help but get emotional when, after freeing Saskia, the elf helps Geralt up into the ruins and has some good dialogue...

Now that I think about it, that's something that I find missing in W3, there are no true "bros" anymore... oh well, we got something else that clearly has the attention of many here...

Ohh and as to the original question, in the Witcher world, I posted in the forums, several times, the game have been installed for a while and I'm waiting for the right moment to jump back in...

I decided to finally play a gwent deck that's not Northern Realms (sorry Foltest, you're still the best!)

Actually, the other day I decided to follow people around Novigrad to see where they go. One of the "shady individuals" wandered from Gildorf down to the dock- I figure he's a rich bloke sneaking off to a card game and hoping his wife doesn't notice.

Gwent....I love gwent. Ignored it for ages but now I cant get enough of it. Got all the gwent trophies *pat me* waiting for NG+ to get death march trophy.

Went to kill a troll who was killing silver miners, and then ran screaming like a little girl because it almost one-shotted me.

Been exploring the last of the question marks I have remaining in the islands. Trading with merchants and just trying to build my coin and stash for new game+.

The awkward situations of Geralt bartering with trolls. Just for this line:

''So...why did you...wham'em?'' *weird face*
you absolutley have to spare this troll.

Well today I reloaded a save and did the mission in Novigrad with Ciri....I really want the characters to be in the world after the main story....

Today I've finally got these achievements:

Master Marksman
Humpty Dumpty
Ran the Gauntlet
Walked the Path
Dendrologist
Power Overwhelming
Overkill
What Was That?

Only two missing for 100%

Top Bottom