x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triss won't stay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this playthrough I did not save the two mages and as I said I'm very certain I kissed her - so that may be it.

Comment

I just tried the same (kissed her but did not save the mages), though, and still got the lighthouse scene. So, either you ran into a bug (not unlikely), or the conditions for a successful romance are not so simple. Do you have the following in the journal ?
      "The sorceress' laugh, the look in her cornflower blue eyes, the memory of enchanting moments spent together - all that surely weighed on Geralt's decision to kiss Triss in the Vegelbuds' garden."

I heard someone had problems with this quest doing it in act 2 (after bringing Uma to Kaer Morhen), but that might have been a coincidence. I may try that approach in a later playthrough, since it works around a few of plot and dialogue inconsistencies.
      Last edited by sv3672; 20-08-15, 20:40.

Comment

I think I got it.

At the start of the Now or Never quest, if you talk to Triss and say "I can't help you", she'll say something along the lines "I know because there's someone else. Meet me at the Kingfisher if you change your mind."

If you continue the quest by talking to her at the inn, you can still finish the quest but when you ask her to stay and tell her you love her, she won't believe you and therefore she won't stay and there will be no romance scene.

This happened to me too.

Solution. Reload to a save before starting this quest and make sure you don't choose the "I can't help you" option, rather say you want to help her.
        It might help to save the two mages, not sure, but that's what I did and got her to stay.
        Of course you still have to ask her to stay and tell her you love her to get her to stay.

I hope that works. Worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragian View Post
          At the start of the Now or Never quest, if you talk to Triss and say "I can't help you", she'll say something along the lines "I know because there's someone else. Meet me at the Kingfisher if you change your mind."
          That is not exactly what she says, but it is true that refusing to help fails the romance. In fact, I thought it would just fail the quest altogether, because that is what usually happens in similar situations. The choice between the other two options has no effect on the romance, but it does decide if the two mages or the innkeeper survive.

Comment

I don't remember what she said exactly, although I think she hinted something about Yennefer, not sure.

And yes, if you refuse to help her there won't be any romance option and she won't stay.

I refused to help her initially because I wanted to postpone the quest and do the Soldier Statuette quest first. But unfortunately that is not possible. Because once you refuse, she'll tell you to meet her at the inn and once you do so you will immediately start the Now or Never quest. Now, in my current playthrough, Triss is gone, and I have to wait a while before I can start the Soldier Statuette quest.

Comment

I read somewhere that for her to stay doesn't just depend on the kiss, saying you love her and asking her to stay, but also depends on using the right dialogue options in previous quests - such as whether Geralt dismisses any other character mentioning the past relationship he had with Triss by indicating they're through or admitting he still cares about her.

Someone on youtube once mentioned in a play through what buggered up the romance with Triss was Geralt allowing Triss to be tortured by the witch hunters as well as allowing other npcs to bully her without intervening, but I allowed both and she still stayed.

Its interesting if the romance can be completely messed up by one or two minor dialogue choices.

Comment

Originally posted by GratuitousViolets View Post
                Someone on youtube once mentioned in a play through what buggered up the romance with Triss was Geralt allowing Triss to be tortured by the witch hunters as well as allowing other npcs to bully her without intervening, but I allowed both and she still stayed.
                A successful romance with Triss depends on exactly these conditions:
                - the kiss in A Matter of Life and Death
                - agreeing to help at the beginning of Now or Never (rescuing the two mages or not does not matter)
                - saying "I love you" in the final scene on the docks (note: before patch 1.05, "Let's try again" could also work, this was fixed in a retroactive way, that is, if you load an old save that depended on the bug, the game removes the romance)
                - not saying "I still love you, too" to Yennefer in The Last Wish

Its interesting if the romance can be completely messed up by one or two minor dialogue choices.
                It is similar in some sense to the choices that decide about Ciri's fate, seemingly minor events can sometimes be important.

Comment

Working...
                X