Triss won't stay

+
Triss won't stay

Playing through the game again and just got to the part where Triss is about to board the ship to Kovir. I kissed her at the party (not sure if that's required) and told her I love her but she got on the boat anyways. I thought that by telling her you loved her she would stay... how do I make her stay and end up at KM for the battle later?

Playing through the game again and just got to the part where Triss is about to board the ship to Kovir. I kissed her at the party (not sure if that's required) and told her I love her but she got on the boat anyways. I thought that by telling her you loved her she would stay... how do I make her stay and end up at KM for the battle later?

Have you stopped before the end of this scene? I'd suggest finishing your conversation with Dijkstra if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Yes, I waited until the end of the conversation, but she didn't appear and the quest finished.

Step one: kiss her at the masquerade ball

Step two: tell her that you love her at the docks

Step three: when she gets off the ship and returns to you, be a gentleman and say "thank you." I've heard that if you're an ass and tell her (paraphrasing here) "good thing that women change their minds," it doesn't lead to the romance scene at the lighthouse.

Well I definitely told her I loved her on the dock, and reloaded and did it again and I'm very nearly positive I kissed her at the ball but the quest ends without her getting off the boat. I must have done something wrong I guess. I swear I kissed her at the ball but perhaps I screwed that up.

Well I definitely told her I loved her on the dock, and reloaded and did it again and I'm very nearly positive I kissed her at the ball but the quest ends without her getting off the boat. I must have done something wrong I guess. I swear I kissed her at the ball but perhaps I screwed that up.

I know it's a pain to retread old ground, but you may want to go back and replay that portion. If you're still having problems, I'd definitely try to get in touch with one of the RED's. It's possible that it's a new bug you''re encountering. Lots of issues have been popping up since patch 1.07.

As far as I'm aware if you don't kiss her at the party, nothing you do in Now or Never will convince her to stay and you can't romance her. Either you didn't kiss her or it's a bug. I advise you (if you can) to reload prior to the party and replay that, making sure you kiss her and if it still doesn't work, report it as a bug. If you don't have a save there or it still doesn't work then contact my by PM and I'll upload a save right before the final conversation/choice in Now or Never and you can see if that works.

You don't have to tell her that you love her, you can simply ask her to "stay with me", and she will also come back. This is needed if you want to get the lighthouse romance scene without actually having to romance Triss.

and she will appear in Kaer Morhen anyways.

You don't have to tell her that you love her, you can simply ask her to "stay with me", and she will also come back. This is needed if you want to get the lighthouse romance scene without actually having to romance Triss.

and she will appear in Kaer Morhen anyways.

No, that was patched ages ago. so unless you are still running a very old version of the game that wont work.

Step three: when she gets off the ship and returns to you, be a gentleman and say "thank you." I've heard that if you're an ass and tell her (paraphrasing here) "good thing that women change their minds," it doesn't lead to the romance scene at the lighthouse.
(
This actually does not matter. I said "good thing women change their minds", (simply because i would never say thank you, that sounded a bit lame and submissively, not like Geralt) and I still ended up with the lighthouse scene.

I heard somewere that it is a requirement to save the two love-mages.

Hi, does anyone know why Triss is speaking so slow?
Or is that just a problem in the german version?
In german she sounds like a retarded person...
But only in Wild Hunt. Is anything happend to Triss in time between TW2 and the first time we meet her in Wild Hunt?

Last edited:
I heard somewere that it is a requirement to save the two love-mages.

I can confirm the kiss at the masquerade ball is required, but saving the two mages or not does not seem to make a difference. Unless it is part of a set of multiple choices that all matter, like in the case of the bad ending with Ciri. This could be tested by replaying Pyres of Novigrad to Now or Never with the kiss, but otherwise making the worst choices all the time. But I would guess it is most likely only the kiss that matters.

In this playthrough I did not save the two mages and as I said I'm very certain I kissed her - so that may be it.

I just tried the same (kissed her but did not save the mages), though, and still got the lighthouse scene. So, either you ran into a bug (not unlikely), or the conditions for a successful romance are not so simple. Do you have the following in the journal ?
"The sorceress' laugh, the look in her cornflower blue eyes, the memory of enchanting moments spent together - all that surely weighed on Geralt's decision to kiss Triss in the Vegelbuds' garden."

I heard someone had problems with this quest doing it in act 2 (after bringing Uma to Kaer Morhen), but that might have been a coincidence. I may try that approach in a later playthrough, since it works around a few of plot and dialogue inconsistencies.

Last edited:
I think I got it.

At the start of the Now or Never quest, if you talk to Triss and say "I can't help you", she'll say something along the lines "I know because there's someone else. Meet me at the Kingfisher if you change your mind."

If you continue the quest by talking to her at the inn, you can still finish the quest but when you ask her to stay and tell her you love her, she won't believe you and therefore she won't stay and there will be no romance scene.

This happened to me too.

Solution. Reload to a save before starting this quest and make sure you don't choose the "I can't help you" option, rather say you want to help her.
It might help to save the two mages, not sure, but that's what I did and got her to stay.
Of course you still have to ask her to stay and tell her you love her to get her to stay.

I hope that works. Worked for me.

Ragian;n9559961 said:
At the start of the Now or Never quest, if you talk to Triss and say "I can't help you", she'll say something along the lines "I know because there's someone else. Meet me at the Kingfisher if you change your mind."

That is not exactly what she says, but it is true that refusing to help fails the romance. In fact, I thought it would just fail the quest altogether, because that is what usually happens in similar situations. The choice between the other two options has no effect on the romance, but it does decide if the two mages or the innkeeper survive.

I don't remember what she said exactly, although I think she hinted something about Yennefer, not sure.

And yes, if you refuse to help her there won't be any romance option and she won't stay.

I refused to help her initially because I wanted to postpone the quest and do the Soldier Statuette quest first. But unfortunately that is not possible. Because once you refuse, she'll tell you to meet her at the inn and once you do so you will immediately start the Now or Never quest. Now, in my current playthrough, Triss is gone, and I have to wait a while before I can start the Soldier Statuette quest.

Top Bottom